Clinton allies panic over message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clinton allies panic over message

Allies to Hillary Clinton say her presidential campaignís problems boil down to a fundamental problem: messaging.

On the heels of a devastating loss to Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) in New Hampshire on Tuesday night, Clinton supporters having nightmares about a repeat of her 2008 primary loss say itís time for a change.

They say Clinton has to quickly find her way out of this messaging conundrum and provide voters with a reason why they should elect the former secretary of state and first lady to the Oval Office.
    The Hill - Full Article

Here's a thought experiment: if you were a democratic strategist working for Hillary's campaign, what actual steps would you recommend for her to salvage her campaign, defeat Sanders, and put you in the best place to compete against the GOP?

It isn't the message so much as the messenger...

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
    [Here's a thought experiment: if you were a democratic strategist working for Hillary's campaign, what actual steps would you recommend for her to salvage her campaign, defeat Sanders, and put you in the best place to compete against the GOP?
    I'd suggest something along the lines of Hunter S. Thompson in Fear and loathing on the Campaign Trail. That is resort to underhanded, even illegal, tactics to smear and disgrace Sanders so thoroughly he has to quit the race. Shrillary is going to prove as popular as Richard Nixon after Watergate. She is the problem with her campaign.

Virtually every day there's some new awshit that occurs with her, often by her own doing, that messages her as a shrill, lying, vindictive, hateful, nasty, duplicitous, bit...h.
    You can't put lipstick on a pig and make it win a beauty contest... Unless you buy off the judges... That's about Shrillary's only real option.

Comment

My opinion is she's about at the point where she needs to start tearing down Sanders to make herself appear to be a better alternative. She appeared to be such an automatic nominee just a few months ago, and the fact that she tied in Iowa and lost in New Hampshire isn't a good sign for her at all. If she was coming from nowhere and posted those same results there would be more positive feelings but coming from where she was the results so far are a virtual plummet off a cliff as far as her expectations. She's not a likable, easy to relate to candidate...never was and most likely never will be, which is why I was surprised the dems anointed her before the campaigns even got going. Her problem is now she's in a position where she almost needs to be less likable, attacking Sanders, and it still won't take away the history of lies etc. that she is already known for.

Comment

To make Mrs. Clinton more appealing to voters?

How do you make her less like the person that people don't like or trust? I think that is her problem not her message.

She rates very high as being untrustworthy.

Many people don't like the fact that she sees herself as the anointed next president. It is unclear who anointed her. Many don't like this sense of entitlement.

She claims to be the champion of women's rights. But is married to a man who has a questionable past in regards to his treatment of women. A man she stood by when any questions come up about his past.

A series of scandals large and small that stretch back from the early 90's through her time as secretary of state.

I think the problem is the messenger, not the message.

If the Clinton campaign was an ad campaign to elect the first woman president I'd change the spokes person.
        "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
        Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

All of the above. In 2008 she still looked tough and capable. Today she looks worn and weary.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Here's a thought experiment: if you were a democratic strategist working for Hillary's campaign, what actual steps would you recommend for her to salvage her campaign, defeat Sanders, and put you in the best place to compete against the GOP?
            As a Democrat strategist;

Recommend that she make an announcement on a date in the near future....within a week.

During the announcement categorically list all of the offenses that she has done or has been accused of and a lessons learned from each offence and ask for forgiveness.

The next day President Obama being a Lame Duck gives a pardon and then we have a Presidential Candidate that admitted to wrong doing, identified what she learned, and asked for forgiveness. I think that might put her in the Whitehouse.

Only problem with the above scenario is that Sanders is more in line with what President Obama wants America to be.
            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

...if you were a democratic strategist working for Hillary's campaign, what actual steps would you recommend for her to salvage her campaign...
              Wait until after South Carolina and Nevada.

Comment

I think there was song about her...

"Ding, Dong, the b is dead.
                The b is dead.
                The b is dead.
                Ding, Dong...the wicked b is dead!
                sung to the tune of "The Witch Is Dead: Wizard of Oz

Comment

You might find this interesting...

So female Sanders supporters just do so to get laid...

I expect for a lot of guys to start going to Bernie rallies...
                  Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                    It isn't the message so much as the messenger...

I'd suggest something along the lines of Hunter S. Thompson in Fear and loathing on the Campaign Trail. That is resort to underhanded, even illegal, tactics to smear and disgrace Sanders so thoroughly he has to quit the race.
                    It will be something along these lines. Shrillary can't take the high road for a plethora of reasons, therefore the only option left is scorched earth.

Comment

The Hill - Full Article

I would advise her to have Bill do all of the public appearances, interviews and speeches. The less people see her and listen to her, the less likely they are to despise her.
                      Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
                        It will be something along these lines. Shrillary can't take the high road for a plethora of reasons, therefore the only option left is scorched earth.
                        I could see Shrillary hiring some smuck(s) to give Sanders AIDS, Hepatitis, or some other disease, particularly one associated with sex or drug use and then make that public...

Another might be to have fronts make lots of donations to Sander's campaign through groups that are associated with bigots, racists, Nazis, maybe the Koch brothers, etc., and make that public.

Maybe she could get a bunch of people to commit voter fraud voting for Sander's and then get caught in the act...

I doubt there's a bottom to the well of dirty tricks she might try.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                          I could see Shrillary hiring some smuck(s) to give Sanders AIDS, Hepatitis, or some other disease, particularly one associated with sex or drug use and then make that public...

Another might be to have fronts make lots of donations to Sander's campaign through groups that are associated with bigots, racists, Nazis, maybe the Koch brothers, etc., and make that public.

Maybe she could get a bunch of people to commit voter fraud voting for Sander's and then get caught in the act...

I doubt there's a bottom to the well of dirty tricks she might try.
                          She's going to get somebody to infect him with HIV (AIDS is a condition, not a virus) or Hep? Really? Its increasingly clear that you lose the power of rational thought whenever you speak about Hillary. You need to adjust your medication.
                          Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

The Hill - Full Article

I'm going to go against the tide & actually try to address the question.

Sanders is running a 'hope & change' campaign, but it relies on a narrow & potentially fickle voter base - young white liberals. Hillary isn't going to 'out hope' Bernie, so don't try. Keep pushing the experience angle and the fact that she actually has a chance of winning & getting stuff through Congress. Highlight policies that appeal to Bernie's voters & her history of campaigning for them. Use the reach she already has & the organizational connections she has to beat him on the ground. Going negative would be self defeating, but pointing out that Sanders can't get his program passed isn't. She needs to keep a decent portion of his people onside for the Presidential election, so turning this into a facsimile of the GOP Primaries.

A strategy for the Presidential poll is a bit harder because we don't know who she will be facing.
                            Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Hillary Clinton, not nearly as corrupt as you think I am.
                              Or
                              Hillary Clinton I havenít broken as many laws as I could have.
                              Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X