No announcement yet.

AJR, hurry up and arrest them! Open carry law in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So my car breaks down in the middle of Nowhere TX and I walk up to a house to ask for help I'd get shot?
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Smacks of deliberate misunderstanding to me. We have the same sort of laws here in PA and nobody gets shot asking for directions. I'd imagine Texas is the same.

But hey all of us gun owners are just ignorant trigger happy morons looking for an excuse to kill something and prove our manhood after all. If only we had someone like HPJ to tell us how to live and make everything better. Think of all the mailmen who wouldn't be shot every day.
      "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
        Smacks of deliberate misunderstanding to me. We have the same sort of laws here in PA and nobody gets shot asking for directions. I'd imagine Texas is the same.

But hey all of us gun owners are just ignorant trigger happy morons looking for an excuse to kill something and prove our manhood after all. If only we had someone like HPJ to tell us how to live and make everything better. Think of all the mailmen who wouldn't be shot every day.
        And all of those Jehovah's witnesses who would still be pounding on doors...
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
          Yeah, yeah, we've been dealing with this horribly worded statute for months. And yes, we've arrested a lot of idiots.

Personally, I loathe open carry. It invites crime, and encourages active shooters. We've already had several open carriers mugged for their weapons. Guy walks up behind them in the supermarket, bashes them on the back of the head with a can of soup, and scampers away with a handgun.

It throws away every advantage of the armed civilian.

Concealed carry means that a mugger or rapist was taking a chance. Open carry means they don't even have to have a weapon.

There is absolutely no advantage to carrying openly, and no downside to concealed carry.

Open carry is so all the Walter Mittys out there can get off on carrying a gun. All it shows to me is that they're untrained and immature.

B, in Texas you've always been able to carry openly in the boonies.
          I agree with every word, I prefer (in the words of Gomer Pyle), Surprise, Surprise, Surprise!
          Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            And all of those Jehovah's witnesses who would still be pounding on doors...
            True, my wife left our gate open last week.

Comment

When in the States I'm a gun owner.

You comment didn't answer my question now did it?

What is trespassing and when can one protect his property with deadly force. IF you haven't noticed, in rural areas the post is deliver down the road off or private property.

When it comes to morons I'll give you the benefit of doubt.

You don't even know what a ? means at the end of a sentence.
              Last edited by Half Pint John; 09 Feb 16, 13:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                Well, at least she made your dogs happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                  What is trespassing and when can one protect his property with deadly force. IF you haven't noticed, in rural areas the post is deliver down the road off or private property.
                  Trespassing, in PA at least, is being on private property against the owner's will. This doesn't mean violating a "No Trespassing" sign as signs don't carry the force of law here. However if the owner asks you to leave you are required by law to comply or you are trespassing. That also doesn't mean you can just shoot someone on your lawn, unless they pose an imminent danger to you or someone else. However if someone enters your home or vehicle they are understood to represent a potential threat and lethal force is authorized. That's the simple version anyway. I'm the first to admit I'm no lawyer.
                  "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Trespassing, in PA at least, is being on private property against the owner's will. This doesn't mean violating a "No Trespassing" sign as signs don't carry the force of law here. However if the owner asks you to leave you are required by law to comply or you are trespassing. That also doesn't mean you can just shoot someone on your lawn, unless they pose an imminent danger to you or someone else. However if someone enters your home or vehicle they are understood to represent a potential threat and lethal force is authorized. That's the simple version anyway. I'm the first to admit I'm no lawyer.
                    Totally reasonable imo

Comment

That's pretty much how it is in Texas. Its more liberal during the hours of darkness.

And rural addresses don't get mail delivered to the home, instead contract RRMCs drop them off at designated mail box points. Rural carriers never leave the roadway.
                      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Totally reasonable imo
                        Then I misunderstood your legitimate question as sarcasm. My mistake.

Comment

Well, at least she made your dogs happy.
                          Naw, they went ballistic behind the fence in the back yard and the two women never even got out of their car, it took them less than two minutes to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                            Entire cities in Japan do the same thing.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X