AJR, hurry up and arrest them! Open carry law in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJR, hurry up and arrest them! Open carry law in Texas

AJR, if you're reading this, hurry up and arrest people who carry arms openly!

There's going to be lots of mass shootings. Thousands will die in the streets, it's like seeing OK Corral on steroids. Crazy fireworks going off at night. Police headquarters could come under siege.

But wait a minute....

Nothing bad happened! It's just another day in Texas.

God bless Texas!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/08...l?intcmp=hpbt1
    Open carry in Texas began not with a bang, but a whimper.

The new, and somewhat controversial law allowing licensed gun owners to carry their firearms openly in public took effect Jan. 1. Predictions that the law would cause panic or even put the public in danger have, so far, proven to be off-target.
    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

I'm more in favor of open carry than concealed. The reason for this is crooks are going to be less interested in screwing with someone who is obviously armed than someone who isn't...

Most of the time I'm carrying its open and honest. (In the wilderness, prospecting of course...)
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
      I'm more in favor of open carry than concealed. The reason for this is crooks are going to be less interested in screwing with someone who is obviously armed than someone who isn't...

Most of the time I'm carrying its open and honest. (In the wilderness, prospecting of course...)
      On serious note, I think there are both pros and cons of open carry and concealed handguns.

Open carry is great as a preventive measure. It's meant to deter crime. The crooks will think twice before doing anything stupid. One of its downsides is that in some scenarios, a criminal who enters a room will immediately go for anyone who's armed openly. So that person is already a target right from the beginning. There's no element of surprise.

Concealed is at least potentially superior to open carry tactically. It won't stop a crime from happening because the crooks will assume everyone is unarmed. However, the concealed carrier could bide his or her time until an opportunity presents itself, thus having an element of surprise on his or her side.

I suppose in a honest debate, both sides will raise valid points.
      Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Yeah, yeah, we've been dealing with this horribly worded statute for months. And yes, we've arrested a lot of idiots.

Personally, I loathe open carry. It invites crime, and encourages active shooters. We've already had several open carriers mugged for their weapons. Guy walks up behind them in the supermarket, bashes them on the back of the head with a can of soup, and scampers away with a handgun.

It throws away every advantage of the armed civilian.

Concealed carry means that a mugger or rapist was taking a chance. Open carry means they don't even have to have a weapon.

There is absolutely no advantage to carrying openly, and no downside to concealed carry.

Open carry is so all the Walter Mittys out there can get off on carrying a gun. All it shows to me is that they're untrained and immature.

B, in Texas you've always been able to carry openly in the boonies.
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

That was what I was talking about (Mainly) I carry openly in the woods because its just way easier to pull a sixgun if its in a holster on your side. Also it lets bozos know that your a risk. I can see the problem going into a supermarket obviously armed and getting it taken from you.

Also I tend to go in a group of fellows (Also armed.) There are gangs that like to roll miners and going in a group diminishes this...

Going solo can lead to many problems. A broken leg or snakebite could lead to your demise... Also gold fever can strike and if you don't have buddies to bring you out you can die from simple greed...
          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

That was what I was talking about (Mainly) I carry openly in the woods because its just way easier to pull a sixgun if its in a holster on your side. Also it lets bozos know that your a risk. I can see the problem going into a supermarket obviously armed and getting it taken from you.

Also I tend to go in a group of fellows (Also armed.) There are gangs that like to roll miners and going in a group diminishes this...

Going solo can lead to many problems. A broken leg or snakebite could lead to your demise... Also gold fever can strike and if you don't have buddies to bring you out you can die from simple greed...
            Yeah, that makes sense.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Open carry is so all the Walter Mittys out there can get off on carrying a gun. All it shows to me is that they're untrained and immature.
              We have a lot of them up here in Michigan, also. They look all around all the time to see who's looking at them OC'ing. I just ignore them and think "yeah, I have a gun too, but I'm not stupid enough to let everyone know". They're just suffering from SDS (Small D*** Syndrome).

Comment

Yeah, yeah, we've been dealing with this horribly worded statute for months. And yes, we've arrested a lot of idiots.

Personally, I loathe open carry. It invites crime, and encourages active shooters. We've already had several open carriers mugged for their weapons. Guy walks up behind them in the supermarket, bashes them on the back of the head with a can of soup, and scampers away with a handgun.

It throws away every advantage of the armed civilian.

Concealed carry means that a mugger or rapist was taking a chance. Open carry means they don't even have to have a weapon.

There is absolutely no advantage to carrying openly, and no downside to concealed carry.

This is the thing, no one likes acknowledge that there are drawbacks to open carry.

You still don't have eyes in the back of your head, and numbers of people are still an issue.

How much longer until you see groups of minorities OC, then the eventual gang mentality become mainstream on all shades of people from all the fear?

Does NO ONE remember why Saint Reagan even passed the Mulford Act at all?

Comment

Not in south africa. Here gun owners are targeted for there guns. If they know you carrying they will ambush and kill you for said gun.
                  you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                    Not in south africa. Here gun owners are targeted for there guns. If they know you carrying they will ambush and kill you for said gun.
                    Someone's going to call you a liar.

Next thing you'll say that people break into houses with guns to steal their guns

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                      We have a lot of them up here in Michigan, also. They look all around all the time to see who's looking at them OC'ing. I just ignore them and think "yeah, I have a gun too, but I'm not stupid enough to let everyone know". They're just suffering from SDS (Small D*** Syndrome).
                      Tell me about it. I saw a guy using a walker with what looked like a Ruger Blackhawk strapped to his atrophied thigh.

Comment

Originally posted by BKnight3 View Post
                        Someone's going to call you a liar.

Next thing you'll say that people break into houses with guns to steal their guns
                        Yes but then some people doubt the moon landings.

Mmm yep they do that. A gun owner is a perfect house since he has guns and guns equal money.
                        you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                          Yes but then some people doubt the moon landings.

Mmm yep they do that. A gun owner is a perfect house since he has guns and guns equal money.
                          I know, but it would NEVER happen in America. NEVER.

Comment

Originally posted by BKnight3 View Post
                            I know, but it would NEVER happen in America. NEVER.
                            Interestingly, 1 home burglary in 15 takes firearms in Texas. Also, 1 home in 3 that is burglarized in Texas has guns.

Just as interesting, an intruder or trespasser gets shot about every 20 hours in Texas by armed citizens.

Comment

Just as interesting, an intruder or trespasser gets shot about every 20 hours in Texas by armed citizens.
                              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X