Army and Marine Corps...No Lowering Of Combat Standards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army and Marine Corps...No Lowering Of Combat Standards

The Army Chief of Staff and Marine Corps Commandant have promised the Senate Armed Service Committee that they will not lower combat standers to allow women to fill combat related jobs.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...nts-women.html

Yeah, right. All it would take is a *** to become President and appoint an **** as Secretary of Defense and the new Sec Def says it's either our way or the highway. What do you think would happen?
    Too Much To Do Too Little Time

Yeah...because their track record in that regard has been so good.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by FTCS View Post
      The Army Chief of Staff and Marine Corps Commandant have promised the Senate Armed Service Committee that they will not lower combat standers to allow women to fill combat related jobs.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...nts-women.html

Yeah, right. All it would take is a *** to become President and appoint an **** as Secretary of Defense and the new Sec Def says it's either our way or the highway. What do you think would happen?
      A what and a what?

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
        A what and a what?
        At a loss for words that would get past the censors.

Comment

So, what's being changed first?

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            So, what's being changed first?
            Marine Corps Recruit Training, those standards will have to be lowered first or we will have more female recruits getting dropped.
            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by FTCS View Post
              At a loss for words that would get past the censors.
              I read it clearly enough.
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                Marine Corps Recruit Training, those standards will have to be lowered first or we will have more female recruits getting dropped.
                Ranger School has already backed off, as will the Special Warfare and the SEAL basic course.

Comment

I just dread the dark day that this inevitably goes horribly wrong in the middle of some third world hellhole. You know its going to happen sooner or later and it will be horrifying. All because the politicians and feminists, with no actual desire to serve, wanted to feel better about themselves.
                  "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
                    I just dread the dark day that this inevitably goes horribly wrong in the middle of some third world hellhole. You know its going to happen sooner or later and it will be horrifying. All because the politicians and feminists, with no actual desire to serve, wanted to feel better about themselves.
                    Too true.

Its bad enough already. We had a guy suicide last year, a former E-6 with two enlistments in the Infantry behind him. His note said he just couldn't believe he had had to kill someone.

How could this guy have spent 5 or 6 years in the Infantry and still gone into a combat zone convinced he wasn't going to kill anyone?

What the blazes did he think the Infantry mission entailed?

Comment

Now someone may call me a chauvinist pig but I do not see any young female getting through the Marines Force Recon or the Navy's BUD's programs.

Comment

Of course not. That's why they have to make the program easier, to make it fair. Just like how a man has to do 42 pushups to pass the APFT and a woman only has to do 18. Fairness.
                        "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

The combat standards have already fallen far below what they were in the past, without any help from females.

Comment

I await with interest the first time an 'Infantrywomen' is captured, pack raped, and sent back in bits by our peace loving muslim brothers.

John
                            The PLO claims ALL of Israel!!! There will and can NEVER be a "2 State solution".

Comment

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
                              Of course not. That's why they have to make the program easier, to make it fair. Just like how a man has to do 42 pushups to pass the APFT and a woman only has to do 18. Fairness.
                              I can see gender based fitness testing being done. That is to measure your physical fitness in general, not your capacity to do a particular job or another. As there are significant differences between men and women, and by age, having a graduated test that checks general fitness on those measures is a correct standard.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X