4th Circuit throws out Maryland's gun law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th Circuit throws out Maryland's gun law

Maryland's assault weapon ban has been tossed out they the 4th Circuit.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/peo...Kz&ocid=SMSDHP

In a major victory for gun rights advocates, a federal appeals court on Thursday sided with a broad coalition of gun owners, businesses and organizations that challenged the constitutionality of a Maryland ban on assault weapons and other laws aimed at curbing gun violence.

A three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit said the state's prohibition on what the court called "the vast majority of semi-automatic rifles commonly kept by several million American citizens" amounted to a violation of their rights under the Constitution.

Way to go 4th Circuit!

Comment

It was about time!
      Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Very good news!

Here's hoping Bobo weeps at the news!
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
          Very good news!

Here's hoping Bobo weeps at the news!
          Probably more like stunned and incredulous. That's usually how a Progressive reacts when they don't get their way on something like this.

Comment

Do they now understand to **** up another tree?
            My worst jump story:
            My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
            As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
            No lie.

~
            "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Jolly good! Now for scotus to reexamine the issue and let everyone know that the 2nd is an actual right, not some red headed step child meant only for hunting or target shooting.

Comment

About time.
                "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Originally posted by Naffenea View Post
                  Jolly good! Now for scotus to reexamine the issue and let everyone know that the 2nd is an actual right, not some red headed step child meant only for hunting or target shooting.
                  Or just as good, decline to hear it, meaning its freakin' obvious.
                  Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Now, if we could just have the 4th district replace the 9th district!
                    Nirvana!
                    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Yes!

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                        Now, if we could just have the 4th district replace the 9th district!
                        Nirvana!
                        !
                        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Okay explain to me why you want a thirty round clip... I see no reason for it. I'm ex AF and I believe in the one shot one kill. Can you not hit the target? The spray and pray seem to be addicted to the concept.

One aimed shot.
                          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                            Okay explain to me why you want a thirty round clip... I see no reason for it. I'm ex AF and I believe in the one shot one kill. Can you not hit the target? The spray and pray seem to be addicted to the concept.

One aimed shot.
                            I'm a former sniper and I also believe in one shot, one kill yet I have at least 10 30 round magazines. Having the ability to do a rapid follow up shot can mean the difference between life or death.
                            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post

One aimed shot.
                              Lemme tell you with absolute confidence: in combat, your accuracy goes to hell.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X