Obama wants to raise taxes on oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama wants to raise taxes on oil

Just in: Obama wants to impose a $10 a barrel tax on oil to fund public transportation... Like Europe has done for decades...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/marke...Kz&ocid=SMSDHP

Problem is, public transit doesn't work in 95% of the US. It isn't just not profitable, literally almost nobody uses it.
    Choo choo trains like the Left love just don't work in the vast distances the US spans. That's why airplanes became an early leader in transportation in the US and why the automobile was popular: Both were faster and more flexible than trains.

Just another case of Obama doesn't get it.

DOA in Congress.
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Public transportation works in the hood, guess where that money will go.
      My worst jump story:
      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
      No lie.

~
      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

They know the best way to kill a industry is to tax it to death.

(Name me one politician who doesn't want more taxes...)

Washington is like a coke whre. All she wants is more, more, and more.
        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
          DOA in Congress.
          Don't be so sure. The GOP will hope the media will write something nice about them and will probably go along. Also some other spending increase will probably get thrown into this and it will turn out to be a photo op for an incumbent in an election year.

Comment

What Public transportation it only exists in some metropolitan areas and in the rest of the country it is scarce if any, for instance where I live there is none, not only would it not be feasible but impossible and I am sure it's the same for most of the country, all it is, is an attempt by the administration to get more of our money and to raise gas prices in order to get us out of our cars which the fed has been unsuccessfully trying to do the last 50+years, it's their impossible pipe dream.
            Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Agree. There is no"public transportation" where I live either. And I'm within 45 miles of Boston and its famous MBTA. I have to travel 10 miles to get to a commuter rail line that runs just four times a day.
              ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
              IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                Just in: Obama wants to impose a $10 a barrel tax on oil to fund public transportation... Like Europe has done for decades...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/marke...Kz&ocid=SMSDHP

Problem is, public transit doesn't work in 95% of the US. It isn't just not profitable, literally almost nobody uses it.
                Choo choo trains like the Left love just don't work in the vast distances the US spans. That's why airplanes became an early leader in transportation in the US and why the automobile was popular: Both were faster and more flexible than trains.

Just another case of Obama doesn't get it.
                Actually, Obama does get it; he just wants and needs more money for his useless programs, and he is still locked into his anti-energy program to destroy American energy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
                  Agree. There is no"public transportation" where I live either. And I'm within 45 miles of Boston and its famous MBTA. I have to travel 10 miles to get to a commuter rail line that runs just four times a day.
                  Don't blame the railroads...blame everybody that rushed out and bought a car. We love our cars more than we love public transportation, so it's our fault - not theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                    DOA in Congress.

I agree. They cannot possibly force taxpayers to pay for something not all have access to.

But...we thought the same about healthcare and that got through.
                    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                      I agree. They cannot possibly force taxpayers to pay for something not all have access to.

But...we thought the same about healthcare and that got through.
                      Of course they can, and they always have. Ever been to the Library of Congress? You paid for it.

Think you get a place in the Mount Weather bunker? You paid for it, but you won't be saved.

Think you can ride around on those luxurious government service jets? You paid for them.

The government never bought a thing that wasn't paid for with your money.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X