Police union gets last laugh on Tarantino

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police union gets last laugh on Tarantino

Police union officials are taking credit for the disappointing ticket sales of "The Hateful Eight" after previously calling a boycott on filmmaker Quentin Tarantino.

New York Police Benevolent Association President Patrick J. Lynch was the first to call for the boycott after Tarantino spoke at an Oct. 24 anti-cop rally, according to The New York Post.

During the rally, Tarantino said: "I'm a human being with a conscience. And when I see murder I cannot stand by . . . I have to call the murderers the murderers."

Soon after the remarks were made, the PBA announced their boycott and police departments across the country began to jump on board.

http://www.officer.com/news/12158940...ntinos-failure
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Good. Tarantino is an asshat.

Comment

The movie wasn't shown by any of our local theaters. And our video rental places opted out of displaying it when it gets released on DVD.

A lot of areas are responding likewise.

Plus a lot of trashing the move on the Net & social media.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Good! I hope the guy gets shamed out of the business, he has made the same movie over and over again for his entire career, swear a lot, shoot a lot, bleed a lot. Repeat.
        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
          Good! I hope the guy gets shamed out of the business, he has made the same movie over and over again for his entire career, swear a lot, shoot a lot, bleed a lot. Repeat.
          Yeah, for a guy who has glorified pointless violent death as a career, he certainly is quick to assign blame.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
            Yeah, for a guy who has glorified pointless violent death as a career, he certainly is quick to assign blame.
            He is a crime monger, a maker of pointless b.s.

Comment

I find that the media is also piling on and vilifying law enforcement at every opportunity. They need to be taught a lesson as well. I have great respect for those who keeps us safe from dangers.

I found it deplorable that San Francisco wants to honour a knife wielding suspect who stabbed someone and who was eventually shot and killed by the police. The city's board of stupidvisors is actually proposing to give him a day to honour him. WTF?!?!?
              Even if the police were in the wrong for shooting the suspect, that still does not justify giving him a day of the year to memorialize him. That is just absurd.

I would like to see the San Francisco police get the last laugh too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X