White Middle Class Mortality Rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Middle Class Mortality Rate

White middle Aged despair seems to be having concrete results in misery and life expectancy.

A large segment of white middle-aged Americans has suffered a startling rise in its death rate since 1999, according to a review of statistics published Monday that shows a sharp reversal in decades of progress toward longer lives.

The mortality rate for white men and women ages 45-54 with less than a college education increased markedly between 1999 and 2013, most likely because of problems with legal and illegal drugs, alcohol and suicide, the researchers concluded. Before then, death rates for that group dropped steadily, and at a faster pace.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...2a7_story.html
    Last edited by lynelhutz; 31 Jan 16, 00:32.

Education will save the world.
    Simple as that.
    That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Progressivism. Everything bad should be blamed on Progressives!

Comment

I seriously doubt the validity of those statistics.
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
          I seriously doubt the validity of those statistics.
          why?

Comment

Once upon a time, they'd have simply said "They're just being ___sh."

Comment

Originally posted by lynelhutz View Post
              White middle class despair seems to be having concrete results in misery and life expectancy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...2a7_story.html
              The title of your thread says "white middle class" but the article talks about "white middle age" people.

My guess? Opiate abuse!

In the Greater Cincinnati area ( SW Ohio, Northern Kentucky and South East Indiana) heroin and other opiate abuse is largely limited to whites. With out exaggeration I can say 99% of the doses of narcan I've gave or seen given where to white people.

90 % + of the heroin addicts I've seen have hepatitis C. And then there are the 96 pound white girls who have one arm that is swollen like Pop Eyes arm due to who knows what kind of infection from sharing needles.

And now a high % of what the druggies think is heroin is actually fentanyl. Fentanyl is about 50 X stronger than heroin. The illegal drug labs have poor quality control. So over doses are common.

Even if a person survives an overdose often there is long term damage.
              "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
              Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
                The title of your thread says "white middle class" but the article talks about "white middle age" people.

My guess? Opiate abuse!

In the Greater Cincinnati area ( SW Ohio, Northern Kentucky and South East Indiana) heroin and other opiate abuse is largely limited to whites. With out exaggeration I can say 99% of the doses of narcan I've gave or seen given where to white people.

90 % + of the heroin addicts I've seen have hepatitis C. And then there are the 96 pound white girls who have one arm that is swollen like Pop Eyes arm due to who knows what kind of infection from sharing needles.

And now a high % of what the druggies think is heroin is actually fentanyl. Fentanyl is about 50 X stronger than heroin. The illegal drug labs have poor quality control. So over doses are common.

Sounds quite sad...

I don't like seeing such pain, let alone addiction.

Comment

It is pretty depressing being constantly blamed for things you had nothing to do with. I'm post middle age now but a few years ago I was pretty angry at being singled out for being the root of all evil. Add to that the stress of never knowing if working hard and doing a good job was sufficient to overcome reverse discrimination I can see a slight effect on health being a realistic consequence.
                  We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post

My guess? Opiate abuse!

Correct about title and changed, thanks.

But heroin in itself doesn't really speak to the underlying problem of what looks like an overall decline in mental health as evidenced by suicides, alcoholism, other addictions including heroin and reports of chronic pain.

The disappearing economic prospects for anyone both with modest education and middle-aged along with the increasingly grim consequences of poverty.

Also the erosion of the value and availability of pensions becomes obvious by middle aged when it is usually too late.

Since there are now even less openings for Walmart greeters now, I'm not at all sure what a 60 year with modest or moderate health problems is to do.

Comment

Talk about a racist non-argument based on non-information...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Dig deeper, I think you will find that life expectancy is dropping across the board.

Why?
                        We are always being told negative things about the future; your standard of living will decline (or already is) , you must do more with less, you must accept a more authoritarian form of Governance, accept the fact that you must let hordes of foreigners do as they please, your children belong to the state.... and on and on.

People still have everything they need, except the one thing; Hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Talk about a racist non-argument based on non-information...

Racist? how so?

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                            Dig deeper, I think you will find that life expectancy is dropping across the board.

Why?
                            We are always being told negative things about the future; your standard of living will decline (or already is) , you must do more with less, you must accept a more authoritarian form of Governance, accept the fact that you must let hordes of foreigners do as they please, your children belong to the state.... and on and on.

People still have everything they need, except the one thing; Hope.
                            Some of it isn't even that sinister. It's lower wages, no retirement savings and the realization that you're going to have to work until the day that you die. Therefore, you speed things up.

Comment

Originally posted by lynelhutz View Post
                              Racist? how so?
                              Let's all see if you can figure it out all by yourself.
                              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X