Final pre-Iowa R debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
    Why shouldn't it? Last I checked this was our country, not theirs. We owe them nothing and they should only be allowed in with our permission under our rules. They have ZERO right to enter otherwise. Why shouldn't we be able to pick and choose who we want to live with us on our land and enforce that decision?
    What do you mean "our" rules?

Comment

Immigration law. As in the rules our government created to determine who can and cannot enter the US. You know the ones that nobody follows anymore. Those rules.
      "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Immigration law. As in the rules our government created to determine who can and cannot enter the US. You know the ones that nobody follows anymore. Those rules.
        I support the continued non-enforcement of federal law. Gotta be bold if you want to oppose big government.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
          Once again heather you seem to have missed what was really said (you have to stop listening only to the left wing media). What he said was that he would suspend TEMPORARILY immigration of Muslims until we can get a handle on the vetting process.
          This sounds perfectly reasonable to me. Why would we allow unvetted or unchecked individuals of any race, country, or religion to be allowed to come and stay here?
          Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
          I'm not being cute. I'm serious. Anyone who knows me, knows I'm not liberal. Your message was lost in a ridiculously misguided personal attack.

Moving on to better discussion now. Pick someone else if you want to fight.
          And where exactly was my “ridiculously misguided personal attack” in that message?
          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
            I support the continued non-enforcement of federal law. Gotta be bold if you want to oppose big government.
            This is one of the things that the Feds should be doing since it involves several states.
            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
              This is one of the things that the Feds should be doing since it involves several states.
              Should be doing? What it should be doing is as little as possible - let the states sort this out themselves. I don't believe in the federal government as a problem solver theory.

Though state governments are just as incompetent and oppressive, so they're not a real solution either.

Comment

Should be doing? What it should be doing is as little as possible - let the states sort this out themselves. I don't believe in the federal government as a problem solver theory.

Though state governments are just as incompetent and oppressive, so they're not a real solution either.
                You're tolling us aren't you?
                "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Nope. I have little regard for the state, in any form. The whole 'necessary evil' part of it means just what it says on the tin - it's an evil that should only be tolerated insomuch as it is absolutely necessary.

And there is precious little at the state or federal level that is absolutely necessary.

Comment

I would think this creates a similar problem to Europe though? One nation / US State has an open door immigration policy but what about the impact on neighbours. If said migrants skip across the border to a nation / State that doesn't want them, isn't that an issue in both Europe and the US?
                    Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

Comment

Originally posted by Escape2Victory View Post
                      I would think this creates a similar problem to Europe though? One nation / US State has an open door immigration policy but what about the impact on neighbours. If said migrants skip across the border to a nation / State that doesn't want them, isn't that an issue in both Europe and the US?
                      So you let the states handle it. If they don't like what you're doing, then they shut down their border with you as a reprisal. Simple, elegant, and left up to the individuals rather than enforcing a "one size fits all" solution.

After all, if I want to collapse my economy, shouldn't that be my choice?

Comment

DoD wouldn't do that.

Font 1 guy on the other hand just might.
                        Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
                          DoD wouldn't do that.

Font 1 guy on the other hand just might.
                          I've been taking a break from all this lunacy - most of it being DoD's, of course.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X