Final pre-Iowa R debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
    And what's wrong with that? Its hyperbole to be sure but its not unreasonable. Politics is about everything, your rights, your property, your future, your way of life, everything. Better to go with the evil that at least shares your ideas than the evil who wants to destroy everything you believe in. In that sense people who threaten the republic and it's constitution from within are a greater threat to this country than AQ or IS could ever dream of being. Obama has certainly hurt us far more than they have. It's all enemies foreign and domestic after all and thats exactly what they are. Like I've said before if a Democrat ran for office in Hell I'd at least cast a vote for the Devil.
    I didn't say anything was wrong. I simply made the observation that such tone is the standard in domestic political discourse today.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
      He's given us (some) solutions, he just hasn't given us a clear path to how he will obtain those solutions.
      He's mostly hate though, and repeating the lines that resonate most with his followers 2-3 times. Alot of his solutions don't seem realistic. For example, my personal opinion is that banning all Muslim travel to the U.S. would create more problems and threaten national security more than our current implementation of public policy. I do think we need to tighten the ship though.

I don't think he would ever be able to push that plan through Congress. For me, that makes it unrealistic. I don't see much point in building the Great Wall of the Rio Grande to block immigration when they'll just tunnel. It might stem the tide, but its not going to even come to stopping illegal immigration. Its also going to alienate a large voting block that the GOP needs.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
        We must be the "one or two" Trump supporters on what is called a horribly right-wing website."
        Exorcist, you are among the one or two. I don't think I counted Charger so my unofficial count would be revised to two or three.
        "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
        Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
          I understand the angst Trump has tapped into. However at this point the only scenario I see where I would cast my vote for the guy is if the general election were between him and the Every Guys Ex-Wife Shrill-Harpy Coccydynia Completely Corrupt Blather-a-Thon Hillary Clinton.
          Yeah. What a slushy mess THAT leaves the American people.

On the other hand , we have NO ONE to blame but ourselves.

GG
          "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
            He's mostly hate though, and repeating the lines that resonate most with his followers 2-3 times. Alot of his solutions don't seem realistic. For example, my personal opinion is that banning all Muslim travel to the U.S. would create more problems and threaten national security more than our current implementation of public policy. I do think we need to tighten the ship though.

I don't think he would ever be able to push that plan through Congress. For me, that makes it unrealistic. I don't see much point in building the Great Wall of the Rio Grande to block immigration when they'll just tunnel. It might stem the tide, but its not going to even come to stopping illegal immigration. Its also going to alienate a large voting block that the GOP needs.
            Once again heather you seem to have missed what was really said (you have to stop listening only to the left wing media). What he said was that he would suspend TEMPORARILY immigration of Muslims until we can get a handle on the vetting process.
            This sounds perfectly reasonable to me. Why would we allow unvetted or unchecked individuals of any race, country, or religion to be allowed to come and stay here?
            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
              Once again heather you seem to have missed what was really said (you have to stop listening only to the left wing media). What he said was that he would suspend TEMPORARILY immigration of Muslims until we can get a handle on the vetting process.
              This sounds perfectly reasonable to me. Why would we allow unvetted or unchecked individuals of any race, country, or religion to be allowed to come and stay here?
              Agreed. We should shut ban all immigrants until they're all vetted.

Comment

So funny how temporary gets emphasized literally every time someone questions that ban. As if they weren't already aware and that makes any difference.
                "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Wow! You think you know me? Obviously not. You're way off the mark.

I'm liberal because I hate egotistical bigots, then someone has redefined the word. Otherwise, you should know me better by now.

Comment

I'm liberal because I hate egotistical bigots, then someone has redefined the word. Otherwise, you should know me better by now.
                    Theres a lot of that going around these days.

Comment

Oh that is so cute. I didnít define why you were a liberal. I merely pointed out that you were misunderstanding what had been said. Although it is good to see that you have down the "attack any dissenting view" tactic that libbys love so much.
                      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
                        Exorcist, you are among the one or two. I don't think I counted Charger so my unofficial count would be revised to two or three.
                        Have a look at Jannie's signature and then , add one more to your list.
                        That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Although it is good to see that you have down the "attack any dissenting view" tactic that libbys love so much.
                          Or instead of the word "libbys" insert the word "Trump"

This kind of sums up why I like US political debates so much. When it comes to tone and debating style, the pot can be so animated and self-righteously outraged by the color of the kettle.

Comment

Originally posted by lynelhutz View Post
                            Or instead of the word "libbys" insert the word "Trump"

This kind of sums up why I like US political debates so much. When it comes to tone and debating style, the pot can be so animated and self-righteously outraged by the color of the kettle.
                            Hypocrisy is the name of the game in American politics.

Democrats and Republicans, liberals and conservatives, both are so nearly identical in tone and behavior (and in the grand scheme of things are pretty close politically) that the great furor over the "threat" each side poises is incredibly interesting to watch.

Like two Christians getting red in the face arguing about how different they are because one of them tolerates infant baptism, it's a mixture of hyperbole and self-delusion that really does create an amusing show.

Comment

Oh that is so cute. I didnít define why you were a liberal. I merely pointed out that you were misunderstanding what had been said. Although it is good to see that you have down the "attack any dissenting view" tactic that libbys love so much.
                              I'm not being cute. I'm serious. Anyone who knows me, knows I'm not liberal. Your message was lost in a ridiculously misguided personal attack.

Moving on to better discussion now. Pick someone else if you want to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                                So funny how temporary gets emphasized literally every time someone questions that ban. As if they weren't already aware and that makes any difference.
                                Why shouldn't it? Last I checked this was our country, not theirs. We owe them nothing and they should only be allowed in with our permission under our rules. They have ZERO right to enter otherwise. Why shouldn't we be able to pick and choose who we want to live with us on our land and enforce that decision?
                                "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X