Final pre-Iowa R debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charger View Post
    Trump is an absolute genius. Played Fox and the media like a fiddle.

He is simply on another level.
    Genius or a diva? Complaining that the networks haven't treated him fairly when they've put him center stage and granted him more publicity than anyone else, comes off as someone being soft and overly sensitive to me.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

From what I have heard, DT refused to appear on Fox,because Murdoch (who owns Fox) is one of the leaders of a pro-immigration lobby .

Comment

I watched parts of both Republican debates ( DT and others) and if this is an example of future leaders ( in their own minds) of of the Free World and so called "Greatest Nation on Earth"......then it should be "God help America" not "God bless America"....you guys are beginning to believe your own BS

I thought our politicians were bad enough but your guys are pathetic........

Comment

Have you seen Trudeau? Those who live in glass houses....

Honestly I think we have a better field. At least amongst the Republicans, than we've have in a long time.
          "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Originally Posted by 17thfabn

To his core supporters he can do no wrong.

Originally posted by Tuebor View Post
            Am I the only one that finds that a tad worrisome?

Of course any thinking person is worried about this.

From my informal looking at posts in the North America sub forum I think there is only one or two Trump supporters who post here regularly.

The majority of the regular posters are not fans of Trump but would vote for him over Clinton or Sanders.
            Last edited by 17thfabn; 29 Jan 16, 17:55.
            "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
            Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
              Originally Posted by 17thfabn

The majority of the regular posters are not fans of Trump but would vote for him over Clinton or Sanders.
              True, I am no fan of Trump and have never liked him, but I could never vote for any democrat on the national level, they scare the hell out of me.
              Last edited by Trung Si; 29 Jan 16, 11:02.
              Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                Trump was right... the election should not revolve around Megyn Kelly.
                Not so sure it was about that, but there are dozens of NewsTalkers on that channel, its not like it had to be her that ran this thing.
                And giving someone that clearly hates you a 2nd shot at you is a sucker's move, and I don't think anyone ever accused Trump of being one of those.

I wonder how the ratings looked this time around?

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                  Genius or a diva? Complaining that the networks haven't treated him fairly when they've put him center stage and granted him more publicity than anyone else, comes off as someone being soft and overly sensitive to me.
                  You think Trump is a soft diva? Seriously? He exposes himself to more attacks than anyone else. Everything he does is a strategic move.

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                    Trump is not a genius, he is a blowhard gasbag that plays to the lowest common denominator ( angry people that talk a lot of smack and actually don't vote) he may be on another level, the level that gets another fu---ng democrat in to the white house.
                    Completely wrong. He is dominating in the polls and is going to win the election. He is an absolute master.

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
                      Completely wrong. He is dominating in the polls and is going to win the election. He is an absolute master.
                      We must be the "one or two" Trump supporters on what is called a horribly right-wing website."

I think the thing that terrifies all the RINOs and the Dems is that the usual media BS is having no effect, the usual King-Makers can't get a grip.
                      "Oh dear Lord, how can we feel saaaaafe unless we have a boring guy in a gray suit for the GOP candidate?"

I still remember how the media and and old-fart GOP was wailing away about how the Republicans could never win in 1980 unless they made Gerald Ford their man.
                      I kid you not. Okay, so the munchkins had their night, was anyone watching?

Comment

I'm not a Trump fan myself, but I do appreciate the idea that he's not the same old thing. I see him as the result of people being tired of the lack of decent candidates, and for you Democrats if you honestly look at the candidates you have to choose from I don't see how you could be all that happy with your party. For Trump to be leading the GOP race now should mean a slam-dunk for the Democrats in November but you've got nothing to offer other than an old commie and a shrieking witch. At the very least I hope that Trump's performance so far will serve as an indication to both major parties that people are getting tired of the same old do-nothing uninspiring candidates every 4 years and would like to see someone with some backbone for a change. Clinton, Bush, Obama...that's 24 years of substandard Presidents and now that we have another chance to get a new person this is the best we can do? Can anybody really blame Trump supporters for being dissatisfied?

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                          True, I am no fan of Trump and have never liked him, but I could never vote for any democrat on the national level, they scare the hell out of me.
                          I would vote for Jeffery Dahlmar before I voted for a Democrat.

After all, how many people would he eat in four years? Two, three hundred? We lose that many every day in traffic accidents.
                          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve573 View Post
                            I'm not a Trump fan myself, but I do appreciate the idea that he's not the same old thing.
                            That right there is, if Trump wins, the reason he won.

It has been a long time since we had a candidate who didn't stick to the same old script.
                            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                              I would vote for Jeffery Dahlmar before I voted for a Democrat.
                              Modern America summarized in one easy sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                                Modern America summarized in one easy sentence.
                                And what's wrong with that? Its hyperbole to be sure but its not unreasonable. Politics is about everything, your rights, your property, your future, your way of life, everything. Better to go with the evil that at least shares your ideas than the evil who wants to destroy everything you believe in. In that sense people who threaten the republic and it's constitution from within are a greater threat to this country than AQ or IS could ever dream of being. Obama has certainly hurt us far more than they have. It's all enemies foreign and domestic after all and thats exactly what they are. Like I've said before if a Democrat ran for office in Hell I'd at least cast a vote for the Devil.
                                "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X