Possibly November could see Trump vs Sanders battle for the American soul

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibly November could see Trump vs Sanders battle for the American soul

Possibly, just possibly November could see Trump vs Sanders and a battle for the American soul.

Interesting times..... as they say in China (or is that New Zealand? I always get those two mixed up)

Two 'outsiders'.
    Trump actually is a real outsider, Sanders can easily get away with posing as a 'maverick' (the general public just loves that kind of 'maverick' BS, just check out any movie about 'the little guy' or 'loner' battling almost any institution/organisation/ or movement, including ones he or she is part of).

Two 'visions' for America
    Sanders has one. Trump can easily get away with posing as ........(well you know how it goes).

Sanders reminds me of Carter and McGovern.
    Trump, as I said is an American Berlusconi.

Godamm!! I'm so interested I may even apply to become a citizen, just so I can vote!!!

Remember you read it here first.

More life tips form lodestar:

PREVENT bees and butterflies stealing your pollen by enclosing each flower head in a plastic bag securely fastened around the stem with a clothes pin.

DISAPPOINT wasps this summer by smearing cold tea on your ears instead of honey.

Regards lodestar

Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by lodestar View Post
      Possibly, just possibly November could see Trump vs Sanders and a battle for the American soul.

Interesting times..... as they say in China (or is that New Zealand? I always get those two mixed up)

Two 'outsiders'.
      Trump actually is a real outsider, Sanders can easily get away with posing as a 'maverick' (the general public just loves that kind of 'maverick' BS, just check out any movie about 'the little guy' or 'loner' battling almost any institution/organisation/ or movement, including ones he or she is part of).

Two 'visions' for America
      Sanders has one. Trump can easily get away with posing as ........(well you know how it goes).

Sanders reminds me of Carter and McGovern.
      Trump, as I said is an American Berlusconi.

Godamm!! I'm so interested I may even apply to become a citizen, just so I can vote!!!

Remember you read it here first.

More life tips form lodestar:

PREVENT bees and butterflies stealing your pollen by enclosing each flower head in a plastic bag securely fastened around the stem with a clothes pin.

DISAPPOINT wasps this summer by smearing cold tea on your ears instead of honey.

Regards lodestar
      You might not be able to vote in the US election, but surely lodestar's endorsement of a particular candidate would sway most of the Americans here on ACG to vote for one of those two. Perhaps lodestar could be persuaded to condescend to tell them his preference?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post
        You might not be able to vote in the US election, but surely lodestar's endorsement of a particular candidate would sway most of the Americans here on ACG to vote for one of those two. Perhaps lodestar could be persuaded to condescend to tell them his preference?
        Why would a troll's endorsement mean anything?
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Lodestar is right...these are, and will continue to be, interesting times. While the world continues to tear itself apart, we continue to watch the political circus...every act an animal act except for an unhealthy overdose of clowns.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

It would be a case of

Versus

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Lodestar is right...these are, and will continue to be, interesting times. While the world continues to tear itself apart, we continue to watch the political circus
              Good for you....I nearly always am, if I may say so myself (which of course I just did!).

Just wish ole Arnie J R would relax a bit, get that chip off his epauleted shoulder and stop calling every thread-starter I post a trolling exercise.
              Surely they're perfectly legitimate questions in a time of political turmoil in the US?

Sheesh....maybe he can define trolling as he sees it?

Good discussions on my WWII forum thread-starters for the most part so far.
              Definitely gonna use some as examples if I ever get these blamed tutes topics off the ground (target date 2053).
              Would love to help run (troll?) some on US politics if I could

Regards lodestar

Comment

lodestar lays it on the line....good for him!

lodestar is, in simple American political landscape terms an unabashed, unrepentant, unapologetic and blatantly liberal New England/East Coast Democrat elitist .
                lodestar endorses anyone who is a liberal elitist. Ergo he is a Sanders, Clinton lapdog.
                However.....he greatly admires Trump's outrageousness and showmanship.

Who's with lodestar???

Three cheers for lodestar

When I was young and teachers or other adults asked about my hopes and dreams for the future I always replied:
                “When I grow up I want to be a compelling narrative.”
                Regards lodestar

Comment

Trump and Sanders and the siren call of the outsider loner

Originally posted by lodestar View Post
                  Now where was I?

Oh yeah ....Right as usual.

For good or bad American politics are now in a state of total confusion.

The people long for a saviour to sort things out and make it 'all better'.

I await in the wings.

Regards lodestar

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                    It would be a case of

Versus

Darn karl has a good beard. Thats a beard i could trust.
                    you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

He recommended the veal...

Comment

I wonder who the Libertarian Party is running?

Pruitt
                        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                          I wonder who the Libertarian Party is running?

Pruitt
                          Nobody who can win.

Comment

Nobody wins between Trump and Sanders, either!

Pruitt
                            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                              Nobody wins between Trump and Sanders, either!

Pruitt
                              Political machines matter, not individuals. Look at Bobo: loathes the 2nd amendment, but gun control has lost ground during his two terms.

All that matters in a Prez is how well he plays with the party. And Trump is on board with GOP leadership.

Trump isn't my first choice, but it would be nice to have a Prez who understands business.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X