Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas GOP DA investigating PPP organ sale video clears Planned Parenthood and....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas GOP DA investigating PPP organ sale video clears Planned Parenthood and....

Indicts the video makers on Felony Charges with a possible sentence of 20 years....

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...ed-6782865.php

A Harris County grand jury investigating allegations that a Planned Parenthood clinic in Houston illegally sold the tissue of aborted fetuses has cleared the organization of wrongdoing and instead indicted two anti-abortion activists behind the undercover videos that sparked the probe.
    "We were called upon to investigate allegations of criminal conduct by Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast," said Anderson, a Republican. "As I stated at the outset of this investigation, we must go where the evidence leads us. All the evidence uncovered in the course of this investigation was presented to the grand jury. I respect their decision on this difficult case."
    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

I imagine we will soon have a large influx of yabbits.

"Yeah, but..."

Comment

I'm not surprised. To the American left Abortion is a sacrament, its promotion and defense a divine calling. Its zealots are fanatical as any to be found in radical Islam, and the blasphemous will be persecuted.

And spare me the crap argument about how Devon Anderson is a Republican. The composition of the Grand Jury itself is currently unknown and Anderson has no choice but to accept the indictment. Planned Parenthood is still under investigation.

This indictment was politically motivated.

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
        I'm not surprised. To the American left Abortion is a sacrament, its promotion and defense a divine calling. Its zealots are fanatical as any to be found in radical Islam, and the blasphemous will be persecuted.

And spare me the crap argument about how Devon Anderson is a Republican. The composition of the Grand Jury itself is currently unknown and Anderson has no choice but to accept the indictment. Planned Parenthood is still under investigation.

If the DA did NOT present evidence to indict the video makers the GJ would not indict.

Prove that last statement.
        “To talk of many things:
        Of cabbages—and kings—
        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
          I imagine we will soon have a large influx of yabbits.

"Yeah, but..."
          You win the prize... more will follow.
          “To talk of many things:
          Of cabbages—and kings—
          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

The Texas Governor selected this DA to investigate.....
            “To talk of many things:
            Of cabbages—and kings—
            ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

By the way, you're sounding the same as the Michele Brown supporters.....
              “To talk of many things:
              Of cabbages—and kings—
              ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Grand jury indicts leader behind Planned Parenthood videos

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — A Houston grand jury investigating undercover footage of Planned Parenthood found no wrongdoing Monday by the abortion provider and instead indicted anti-abortion activists involved in making the videos that provoked outrage among Republican leaders nationwide.

David Daleiden, founder of the Center for Medical Progress, was indicted on a felony charge of tampering with a governmental record and a misdemeanor count related to purchasing human organs. Another activist, Sandra Merritt, was also indicted on a charge of tampering with a governmental record. It's the first time anyone in the group has been charged criminally since the videos started surfacing last year.
                AP - Full Article

It seems like we will have to wait till tonight or tomorrow to see the details.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                  AP - Full Article

It seems like we will have to wait till tonight or tomorrow to see the details.
                  Scuttle But has it as they used Faked Driver licensed to prove their identity to PPP reps.
                  “To talk of many things:
                  Of cabbages—and kings—
                  ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                    If the DA did NOT present evidence to indict the video makers the GJ would not indict.
                    And if the sun didn't set it wouldn't rise. Any more brilliant observations?

Prove that last statement.
                    It is always about politics. Abbot sensed the mood of the electorate. Perhaps he appointed Anderson for just such a potential eventuality. From KKOB dot com:

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said state officials were continuing to investigate the Texas Planned Parenthood, however.

“The Health and Human Service Commission’s Inspector General and the Attorney General’s office have an ongoing investigation into Planned Parenthood’s actions,” Abbott said in a statement. “Nothing about today’s announcement in Harris County impacts the state’s ongoing investigation. The State of Texas will continue to protect life, and I will continue to support legislation prohibiting the sale or transfer of fetal tissue.”

This is hardly over.

Comment

And if the sun didn't set it wouldn't rise. Any more brilliant observations?

It is always about politics. Abbot sensed the mood of the electorate. Perhaps he appointed Anderson for just such a potential eventuality. From KKOB dot com:

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said state officials were continuing to investigate the Texas Planned Parenthood, however.

“The Health and Human Service Commission’s Inspector General and the Attorney General’s office have an ongoing investigation into Planned Parenthood’s actions,” Abbott said in a statement. “Nothing about today’s announcement in Harris County impacts the state’s ongoing investigation. The State of Texas will continue to protect life, and I will continue to support legislation prohibiting the sale or transfer of fetal tissue.”

This is hardly over.
                      I'm sure that a State agency can poor over an organization's paperwork for months and months and can and will come up with admin violations. Which when done Gov Abbot will announce from on high. But in the end no law will have been broken, except by the video makers.

Normally Conservatives would be gnashing their teach when a state goes after a private group with the full force of it's agencies and legal authority.... just not always.
                      “To talk of many things:
                      Of cabbages—and kings—
                      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

By the way, you're sounding the same as the Michele Brown supporters.....
                        Michele Brown:

Chief Executive Officer, Economic Development Authority.

Wasn't aware she had supporters.

Comment

Michele Brown:

Chief Executive Officer, Economic Development Authority.

Wasn't aware she had supporters.
                          Yup, that is the one.... deflection noted.
                          “To talk of many things:
                          Of cabbages—and kings—
                          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Too funny. Expect this thread to die quickly.
                            Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Well...

One thing the indictments can't change is that the videos are for real. They showed abortion in its most disgusting practice in which the practitioners never regarded aborted babies as human.

They murdered babies in cold blood, and that is enough for me.

As for indictments themselves, I don't think they will amount to anything.

For one thing, knowingly or intentionally offering the organs is a misdemeanor, and to get a conviction, they would have to show that the indicted party had the intent to sell the organs. Obviously they never went through the sale and all that was based on deception.

However, the most serious charge is tampering with government records. I don't know what that might be, but I think that has to do something with setting up a fake company in order to persuade the PP to discuss the sale of organs.

In all, if this should go to the trial, I believe the CMP can prove that all of this was for journalistic reasons, as part of their reporting activities. Going undercover and exposing the targeted party to the truth is not illegal. CMP did not profit from their undercover reporting, other than simply releasing the videos without financial motivations.

One more thing...the Governor can pardon the CMP of any wrongdoing. He can do that without damaging his political career as Texas is heavily conservative and the majority of Texans disavow abortion. The indictments took place in Houston, a bastion of liberals, and the grand jury is obviously made up of Houston residents, so I doubt this will lead to anywhere. Moreover, one of DA prosecutors is a member of the board of a local PP. CMP can point this out as well.

The indictments were politically motivated, so there's no question on that one.
                              Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X