Us Air Force Authorizes Weapons On And Off Base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Us Air Force Authorizes Weapons On And Off Base

A review of active shooter cases by the Air Force has confirmed what gun rights advocates have long been saying: Firearms in the hands of good guys are often the best bet for stopping massacres.
    The military branch earlier this month sent out a letter to its base commanders around the nation reminding them that they can authorize subordinates to carry guns, even while off-duty and out of uniform. It also established three programs to help ensure that armed service members are in a position to protect their bases.
    "None of these programs gives the installation commander authorizations they didn't already have the authorization to do," Maj. Keith Quick, the Air Force Security Forces Integrated Defense action officer, said in a statement according to Military.com. "We are now formalizing it and telling them how they can use these types of programs more effectively."
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/01/25...ft-5-dead.html

Now if only the Army would follow suit in a more uniform way.
    "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Wait... Your saying you want to follow the AF example???
      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

I know I'm shocked too but hey even a broken clock is right twice a day.
        "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
          I know I'm shocked too but hey even a broken clock is right twice a day.
          Not if it's running on military time...
          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Now THERE is a real surprise! The Air Force? Well, all I can say is more power to ya. It's about time!

GG
            "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

Base commanders have had the authority to do it for a while. I drill on an Air Force base, and I'm not holding my breath. It would be huge if I could just secure a firearm in my personal vehicle. Its about an hour door to door, and I don't always go straight home.

Hopefully, the chatter I've heard is wrong, but it went around the lines that no base CO would ever do it because they were more likely to have an accident occur on their base than see it save lives.

Comment

My thoughts are that base commanders should immediately authorize senior NCOs and Field Grade Officers to carry sidearms on base both on and off duty. Start with those that have proven at least to some degree that they're responsible, and we'll work our way down. Not to mention that those personnel qualify on sidearms as a matter of course for the year, and that shows that they have a modicum of training in the proper use of sidearms.

Or we can revert to the age old practice that was used on ship, where arms were only issued to sailors when necessary.......Let the Marines carry weapons on base and we'll protect the rest of you.
                Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X