Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whiteness History Month:

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Whiteness History Month:

    Campus Reform - Portland Community College to devote an entire month to 'whiteness'-shaming.

    http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=7174

    The WHM site makes clear that the project is not a "celebratory endeavor" like heritage months, but is rather "an effort to change our campus climate" by "[challenging] the master narrative of race and racism through an exploration of the social construction of whiteness." ("Challenging the master narrative," PCC explains, "is a strategy within higher education that promotes multicultural education and equity.")
    [RELATED: Portland State course aims to 'make whiteness strange']
    http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=6862

    Wow... talk about the "two minutes of hate" becoming a lifetime commitment!

  • #2
    This will probably just make things worse.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      This will probably just make things worse.
      When you get right down to it, what other true purpose be for something like this?

      Comment


      • #4
        I miss the Old Left. There was something romantic and populist about throwing a brick through the window of a rich banker or burning a mean mining boss in effigy.

        Comment


        • #5
          I don't really even understand how something like this happens. I mean communism and all those stuff were corrupt to the bone, but you're clearly just insane.
          Wisdom is personal

          Comment


          • #6
            seriously?

            OK ...let me get this straight..."Whiteness" studies, not "White" studies...right? What a crock of crap. I think these 'professors' need to look to some other means of making a living. Rabble rousing, riot fomenting, placard making, demonstration practicing...something up that alley.
            Instead of dissecting the perceived "white" way of life, I think that more time should be spent on courses like "How to get along in a civilized society" or "Learning to live by the laws that govern us all" or "How to get a successful job so I can get off welfare" or "This is MY country, how can I help it be more successful?" or "The optimism of multiracial communities".
            Anybody?
            ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
            IN MARE IN COELO

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
              When you get right down to it, what other true purpose be for something like this?
              Same as the "true purpose" of having a Black History month? I believe "raising cultural awareness" is the current PC phrase.

              We're going to need an Asian and a Latino month, too, followed by a German month, Polish month, Irish month, Russian month....etc...etc...
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

              Comment


              • #8
                I think they should rename the course, "How to become a Nazi..."

                Portland State University isn’t the only university offering classes in whiteness. The University of Alabama-Birmingham, for example, is offering a course titled “Whiteness Studies” this fall, which “seeks to uncover and de-center the fiction of whiteness.”
                Retitle that course selection "Zionist Studies" which "seeks to uncover and decenter the fiction of Zionism."

                It amounts to the same thing. A racist bigot is teaching students how to be racist bigots... What better to start someone on a lifetime of being a good little Nazi?

                This snippet shows the instructor, professor or academic would be a misnomer, is illiterate on history.

                Not only does the concept of whiteness allow those who are "socially deemed white" to accrue benefits, the page asserts, but those benefits "are accrued at the expense of people of color, namely in how people of color are systemically and prejudicially denied equal access to those material benefits."
                It can be demonstrated that it takes several generations, and often as many as 5 to 8, for a family or group to move significantly up socially. Even then it doesn't always happen. Improvement in social and economic status doesn't occur overnight.
                It can also be argued that the social welfare state tends to slow or stop such social growth in populations that become heavily dependent on it. What this 'tard at this community college is trying to push is that the current status quo has always been and always will be unless a combination of "reeducation" (mostly by propaganda and indoctrination) and enforced racism and bigotry is put in place to take those perceived as being in control socially and economically right now off their perch.

                It is simply ignorant, myopic, bigoted, racism on this idiot instructor's part, nothing more.
                Last edited by T. A. Gardner; 25 Jan 16, 15:55.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Campus Reform - Portland Community College to devote an entire month to 'whiteness'-shaming....by "[challenging] the master narrative of race and racism through an exploration of the social construction of whiteness." ("Challenging the master narrative," PCC explains, "is a strategy within higher education that promotes multicultural education and equity.")
                  Probably known in those parts as "PC College"....
                  {}

                  "Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
                    OK ...let me get this straight..."Whiteness" studies, not "White" studies...right? What a crock of crap. I think these 'professors' need to look to some other means of making a living. Rabble rousing, riot fomenting, placard making, demonstration practicing...something up that alley.
                    Instead of dissecting the perceived "white" way of life, I think that more time should be spent on courses like "How to get along in a civilized society" or "Learning to live by the laws that govern us all" or "How to get a successful job so I can get off welfare" or "This is MY country, how can I help it be more successful?" or "The optimism of multiracial communities".
                    Anybody?
                    I like it. Perhaps we could add:

                    "What It Means To Be An American"

                    "Opportunity Knocks, But You Have To Get Off Your A$$ And Answer The Door"

                    "How Not To Be A Cultural Douche"

                    "If You Have A Hyphen In Your Race You Probably Have A Stick Up Your A$$"

                    "The Energy You Spent Demonstrating Could Have Gotten You A Job"

                    "Nobody Owes You Jack"

                    "How To Speak Like An Educated American"

                    "Black Women Are Full American Citizens, Too"

                    "How To Dress After Being Released From Prison"

                    How To Present Yourself At An Interview"

                    "Verbs, Nouns And Pronouns - Not Just For White People"


                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Aren't people like this completely blind to the fact that the racist subtext and racial analysis cuts both ways. If you want to indulge an analysis that supposedly points to something uniquely "evil" about white domination and make skin colour in itself as the centre point of your understanding, then aren't you equally talking about a weakness in "non-whites"? How did "white people" conquer is inescapably also about what allowed non-white people to be conquered.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
                        OK ...let me get this straight..."Whiteness" studies, not "White" studies...right? What a crock of crap. I think these 'professors' need to look to some other means of making a living. Rabble rousing, riot fomenting, placard making, demonstration practicing...something up that alley.
                        Instead of dissecting the perceived "white" way of life, I think that more time should be spent on courses like "How to get along in a civilized society" or "Learning to live by the laws that govern us all" or "How to get a successful job so I can get off welfare" or "This is MY country, how can I help it be more successful?" or "The optimism of multiracial communities".
                        Anybody?

                        In modern America, that makes you the racist.....
                        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

                        BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

                        BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I swear your crazy left is more crazy than ours. Didn't think it possible.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            I like it. Perhaps we could add:

                            "What It Means To Be An American"

                            "Opportunity Knocks, But You Have To Get Off Your A$$ And Answer The Door"

                            "How Not To Be A Cultural Douche"

                            "If You Have A Hyphen In Your Race You Probably Have A Stick Up Your A$$"

                            "The Energy You Spent Demonstrating Could Have Gotten You A Job"

                            "Nobody Owes You Jack"

                            "How To Speak Like An Educated American"

                            "Black Women Are Full American Citizens, Too"

                            "How To Dress After Being Released From Prison"

                            How To Present Yourself At An Interview"

                            "Verbs, Nouns And Pronouns - Not Just For White People"


                            MM, we used to teach all that starting in junior high...it was called "Civics" and is no longer part of the public school curriculum...
                            ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                            IN MARE IN COELO

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by lynelhutz View Post
                              Aren't people like this completely blind to the fact that the racist subtext and racial analysis cuts both ways. If you want to indulge an analysis that supposedly points to something uniquely "evil" about white domination and make skin colour in itself as the centre point of your understanding, then aren't you equally talking about a weakness in "non-whites"? How did "white people" conquer is inescapably also about what allowed non-white people to be conquered.
                              It's the inherent racism in almost any race-based system.

                              There was a great protest devised by college students a while ago to protest affirmative action. It was a simple bake-sale, where cookies were sold for $1 a piece.

                              If you were a white male.

                              If you were a white female, it was $.90. Hispanic? $.70. Black? $.60. Black female? $.50.

                              Funnily enough, people got really upset that they were being treated differently, offended that their race and sex were being used as justification for treating them differently. It still remains one of my favorite send-ups of the affirmative action idea - that people of certain races are inherently inferior that they need the boost to be able to compete.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X