• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass shooting in Canada

4 dead, 7 wounded.

No info as to motivation or agenda.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/police-c...r-4-shot-dead/
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Stupid kid ...

... having a bad day, sharing his angst with family and members of their northern largely First Nations/Metis community in general. He didn't barricade or off himself, rather he surrendered to the RCMP without much effort, I don't see much forethought or agenda. Gas sniffing is often common among the youth of these very isolated locales, high suicide rate among the youth, dunno if that's the case here; typical high unemployment but La Loche has better community services than most. Given his age "unsafe storage" probably applies somewhere along the line, but firearms are a way of life with these folk. The Feds will apply this to their firearms stats, offer platitudes, probably throw some money at the place, build them another school. That's from practical experience, but I could be completely wrong too.

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
    4 dead, 7 wounded.

No info as to motivation or agenda.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/police-c...r-4-shot-dead/
    Last edited by Marmat; 25 Jan 16, 10:15.
    "I am Groot"
    - Groot

Comment

Interesting insights.

We had a paint-huffing crisis in the 90s and early 2000s, but it seems to have died off. Good thing-its incredibly addicting and debilitating.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Pikangikum ...

Interesting insights.

We had a paint-huffing crisis in the 90s and early 2000s, but it seems to have died off. Good thing-its incredibly addicting and debilitating.
        ... First Nation is our running sore, my former outfit flies in teams on a weekly rotation basis, more if necessary. My partner volunteered, did several "tours" as Supr. for the O/T when we could spare him, when his wife was debilitated with arthritis. He already had northern experience, but that didn't stop him from being overwhelmed at times. He looked like a deer in the headlights when we joked that we were nominating him for the job, permanently!

This is a "clean" version of the place:
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pikangikum_First_Nation

This is from Aboriginal Peoples Television Network:
        http://aptn.ca/news/2015/06/29/pikan...etachment-opp/

Supposed unbiased magazine "day in the life" type article.
        http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/c...-of-the-world/

They bury their kids in the front yard. Interesting place.
        Last edited by Marmat; 25 Jan 16, 11:01.
        "I am Groot"
        - Groot

Comment

Damn. 5000 CFS in a town of 3500?

80% of homes without running water?

I thought I had worked some rough places.

Thanks for the links-that really gives some relevant context.

Comment

If First Nation members are like US Native Americans it's probably a case of "Got drunk and..."

Just fill in the following with whatever act of depraved violence he did.

I know that sounds crass and stereotypical but it literally is the case about 90% of the time with Native Americans and violent capital crimes like murder and rape.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
              If First Nation members are like US Native Americans it's probably a case of "Got drunk and..."

Just fill in the following with whatever act of depraved violence he did.

I know that sounds crass and stereotypical but it literally is the case about 90% of the time with Native Americans and violent capital crimes like murder and rape.
              I would like to call you a bigoted jerk, except for the fact that you're right.

Of course, the same applies to the occupants of any ghetto.

Comment

I would like to call you a bigoted jerk, except for the fact that you're right.

Of course, the same applies to the occupants of any ghetto.
                So when we have to bigoted jerks. Hold hands and give each other happy feelings.
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Very high suicide rate up there.
                  My worst jump story:
                  My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                  As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                  No lie.

~
                  "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                  -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                    So when we have to bigoted jerks. Hold hands and give each other happy feelings.
                    It's not bigotry or racism if its a fact. Claiming it is is dangerous political correctness. Its like saying "More Africa-Americans are in prison per-capita than other groups." or "The vast majority of terrorists are Muslims." That isn't bigoted its a fact.
                    "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

Well, if that's how you want to be about it--

"Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X