Everybody hates Ted Cruz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
    I think Dan Quall, and Sara Pallen hurt their ticket.
    But, when a Progressive like Obama picks an utter re....d for a running mate in Joe Biden it doesn't hurt him in the least...

I guess when you're on the Left utter stupidity is acceptable...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      Wait... I thought everybody hates Trump. Now they all hate Cruz too...?
      I'd like cruz over trump, but anyone other than shillary. I'll hold my nose and vote...

And I've never missed a single chance to vote. It's a civic duty.

Being a informed voter is even more important. (Just wish the voting wasn't rigged...)

Comment

But, when a Progressive like Obama picks an utter re....d for a running mate in Joe Biden it doesn't hurt him in the least...

I guess when you're on the Left utter stupidity is acceptable...

There does seem to be a different standard. It helps when your party has ABC. NBC. CBS MSNBC backing you.

For example Dan Quayle misspells potato and he is a idiot. Obama says he visited all 57 states and he is just tired.
        "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
        Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Wait... I thought everybody hates Trump. Now they all hate Cruz too...?
          I haven't heard any real people say they dislike Senator Cruz. I've heard plenty of people, conservatives moderates and liberal, who don't like Trump.

I've heard that some polls rank Cruz high as everyones second choice. For instance if your 1st choice drops out you could vote for Cruz.
          "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
          Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuebor View Post
            Fiorina brings nothing to the table electoral wise. Rubio/Bush in Florida or Kasich from Ohio. The latter is the real prize.

However Cruz is not much liked beyond the conservative Right so his chances of winning the general election are slim.

Tuebor
            Having principles and standards and sticking to them, without compromise ... ???

How out of date can one be in 21st century Amerikan politics?
            TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Screw the "deal making" and "compromise"; if that is what you want, then support the "Trump"s, etc. ...

Comes a time one has to stand on Principles and Standards and not Compromise, "make deals" ... which is mostly why we have seen our National Debt double during the past several years of the current Clown of POTUS we are stuck with ...

At least Cruz is likely not to double the Debt during his term(s), nor bow down to foreign national leaders, make a mockery of the USA, etc. ...

I'm with Thomas Sowell here, EXCERPT:
              Home Commentary Do Emotions Trump Facts?
              Do Emotions Trump Facts?

Thomas Sowell January 22, 2016 at 11:25 am 21 Commentary, Lead Stories
              Share!

Those of us who like to believe that human beings are rational can sometimes have a hard time trying to explain what is going on in politics. It is still a puzzle to me how millions of patriotic Americans could have voted in 2008 for a man who for 20 years — TWENTY YEARS — was a follower of a preacher who poured out his hatred for America in the most gross gutter terms.
              Today’s big puzzle is how so many otherwise rational people have become enamored of Donald Trump, projecting onto him virtues and principles that he clearly does not have, and ignoring gross defects that are all too blatant.

There was a time when someone who publicly mocked a handicapped man would have told us all we needed to know about his character, and his political fling would have been over. But that was before we became a society where common decency is optional.

Yet there are even a few people with strong conservative principles who have lined up with this man, whose history has demonstrated no principles at all, other than an ability to make self-serving deals, and who has shown what Thorstein Veblen once called “a versatility of convictions.”
              With the Iowa caucuses coming up, it is easy to understand why Iowa governor Terry Branstad is slamming Trump’s chief rival, Senator Ted Cruz, who has opposed massive government subsidies to ethanol, which have dumped tons of taxpayer money on Iowa for growing corn. Iowa’s Senator Charles Grassley has come right out and said that is why he opposes Senator Cruz.

Former Senator Bob Dole, an establishment Republican if ever there was one, has joined the attacks on Ted Cruz, on grounds that Senator Cruz is disliked by other politicians.

When Senator Dole was active, he was liked by both Democrats and Republicans. He joined the long list of likable Republican candidates for president that the Republican establishment chose– and that the voters roundly rejected.

With both establishment Republicans and anti-establishment Republicans now taking sides with Donald Trump, it is hard to see what principle– if any– is behind his support.

Some may see Trump’s success in business as a sign that he can manage the economy. But the great economist David Ricardo, two centuries ago, pointed out that business success did not mean that someone understands economic issues facing a nation.

Trump boasts that he can make deals, among his many other boasts. But is a deal-maker what this country needs at this crucial time? Is not one of the biggest criticisms of today’s Congressional Republicans that they have made all too many deals with Democrats, betraying the principles on which they ran for office?

Bipartisan deals — so beloved by media pundits — have produced some of the great disasters in American history.
              Contrary to the widespread view that the Great Depression of the 1930s was caused by the stock market crash of 1929, unemployment never reached double digits in any of the 12 months that followed the stock market crash in October, 1929.

Unemployment was 6.3 percent in June 1930 when a Democratic Congress and a Republican president made a bipartisan deal that produced the Smoot-Hawley tariffs. Within 6 months, unemployment hit double digits — and stayed in double digits throughout the entire decade of the 1930s.
              You want deals? There was never a more politically successful deal than that which Neville Chamberlain made in Munich in 1938. He was hailed as a hero, not only by his own party but even by opposition parties, when he returned with a deal that Chamberlain said meant “peace for our time.” But, just one year later, the biggest, bloodiest and most ghastly war in history began.

If deal-making is your standard, didn’t Barack Obama just make a deal with Iran — one that may have bigger and worse consequences than Chamberlain’s deal?

What kind of deals would Donald Trump make? He has already praised the Supreme Court’s decision in “Kelo v. City of New London” which said that the government can seize private property to turn it over to another private party.

That kind of decision is good for an operator like Donald Trump. Doubtless other decisions that he would make as president would also be good for Donald Trump, even if for nobody else.
              http://www.gopusa.com/?p=4384?omhide=true

When you haven't any "skin in the game" any "Deal" is a good deal ...

Comment

The Establishment's Irrational Fear of Ted Cruz

EXCERPT:
                The establishment has long held Cruz in contempt but didn’t believe he had any realistic chance of securing the GOP nomination. Now, with his campaign success, he’s scaring their pants off. Former Republican presidential candidate Bob Dole has issued apocalyptic warnings against nominating Cruz, and I’ve just received an email that Sen. Orrin Hatch prefers Trump over Cruz as well.

Earlier this week, it was New York Times pretend-conservative columnist David Brooks who suggested a Republican conspiracy against Cruz and Trump in favor of any other GOP candidate. “Very few presidents are so terrible,” he wrote, “that they genuinely endanger their own nation, but Trump and Cruz would go there and beyond.” Setting aside this mindless conflation of Cruz and Trump, do you believe we should be taking advice about potentially bad presidents from a guy who drooled over candidate Barack Obama because of his trousers?
                Ted Cruz, on the other hand, has been a thorn in the establishment’s side since he came on the scene. Insiders are astounded that he has actually refused to abandon his campaign promises and his commitment to Reagan conservatism, despite overwhelming pressure and derision from the party and its power brokers.

They have concluded that Cruz must be driven by egomania and not principle. Who but a stubborn, opportunistic loner could resist the temptation to rub elbows with the power brokers once elected? Only oddballs honor their constituents and grassroots conservative causes above those of the ruling class. Only charlatans continue to articulate conservative ideas with passionate optimism and idealism once in office. Only zealots evince an abiding dedication to Reagan conservative principles beyond what’s necessary to get them elected. Only grandstanders would truly stand up to President Obama’s reckless budget demands instead of throwing in the towel of surrender before the fight has even begun.
                As I see it, there are two major differences between Republican supporters and opponents of Cruz. One is that his supporters are more consistently conservative on every category of issues. The fight, in other words, is not just about strategy, as the establishment insists, but also involves policy.

The second is that Cruz’s supporters believe he is a man of integrity. Many of his detractors contend he is a phony, but I think their real fear is that he is not. He will not change his positions for expedience — though many are working overtime to convince us otherwise.

The establishment, then, either believes or wants to fool us into believing that it opposes Cruz because he is a poseur, a saboteur of good government — a man who impedes the cause of conservatism by his unwavering commitment to it. Only by compromise and pragmatism, they argue, can we really advance conservative principles.

The truth, however, is that they are not as committed to conservative principles as they say they are and don’t regard the current problems confronting our nation with the same degree of urgency as mainstream conservatives. They also place a high value on process — on bipartisanship and collegiality for their own sake — even over advancing a conservative agenda. Not long ago I read that one establishment icon said he didn’t think a Hillary presidency would be that bad. Seriously?

We finally have a candidate who is committed to conservative principles across the board, a man who reveres the Constitution and America, as founded, who acutely understands the destruction President Obama has wrought, and who we can rely on to fulfill his promise to do everything in his power, if elected, to reverse this disastrous course and restore us on a path to recovery.
                http://www.gopusa.com/the-establishm...z/?omhide=true

Cruz is one candidate whom believes that playing the "good-ole-boy-get along-make-deals" game in play for decades is what is wrong in DC and why our nation is in the mess it is. The path of Conservative principles is the best plan to get us out of the decline.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X