Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guantanamo guard: ‘CIA killed prisoners and made it look like suicide’

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...259dab07068f2f

A FORMER Guantanamo Bay guard has spoken for the first time about what he claims was a CIA murder of detainees, covered up as a triple suicide.

Army Staff Sergeant Joseph Hickman was on guard at the Cuban prison camp on the night they died, and calls the official version of events “impossible”.

“They would have had to all three tie their hands and feet together, shove rags down their throats, put a mask over their face, made a noose, hung it from the ceiling on the side of the cellblock, jumped into the noose and hung themselves simultaneously,” the ex-Marine*told Vice News*in an explosive video interview.

“In a cellblock where guards are ordered to check on detainees every four minutes.”
    Does anyone really know what's going on there? Does anyone care?
    "We have no white flag."

Originally posted by GMan88 View Post

I started looking around for other sources for this story. Currently not much coverage - even by Vice News (who did the original interview). Nobody in the news media is making a big deal about this currently.

For those interested, this was the interview the article discusses:

Joseph Hickman, the former Marine making the claim, recently released a book on the subject, so there's a reason he's recently making the rounds with these interviews.

Also, here is the Wikipedia page on the issue: Wikipedia.

Here is an article in Slate from a while ago that is critical of a previous Harper's Weekly article "breaking" the story: Slate.

As for if people care... well, no. No, they don't, and no, they wont.

Comment

Please,gimme a handkerchief,it is soooo sad.
      Poor youthness with a bright future..
      Boooo America,booo !
      That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Well, don't get me wrong. I'm all for "tactical interrogation", but that ip only so long as they got the right guys. I don't like torture, but I'm not complaining for the criminals. It's when the wrong guy gets it that's worrying.
        "We have no white flag."

Comment

I got you Gman , it is ,but I may be wrong, that the guys there ,well, I don't give a damn **** at what may happen to them.
          I didn't believe I could write that but November the 13rd changed the game.
          That rug really tied the room together

Comment

I would suspect any Jail suicides as rule of thumb. A while back Calcasieu Parish built what was then called state of the art jail. It was touted as having all prisoners under constant 24 hour supervision. Several years later there was a horrific double murder committed in Edgerly where a young couple were really messed up. Time passed and the Sheriff Deputies arrested a young man for the deed. He was rumored to be heavy into drugs and even Satanic worship. One weekend this young man was found hanging in the Jail Showers. They found him in time to get him put on life support at a local hospital. He clung to life for a very long time and the Sheriff even tried to have him transferred into the Charity Hospital system. It seems this one guy was eating up the whole Jail medical budget! The Judge told the Sheriff to keep him where he was!

The man finally passed on, but left unsaid was how he was able to bypass the security system and who was supposed to have helped him commit the murders. This was a double Black Eye for this Sheriff.

The story of these suicides does not make sense either.

Pruitt
            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
              I got you Gman , it is ,but I may be wrong, that the guys there ,well, I don't give a damn **** at what may happen to them.
              I didn't believe I could write that but November the 13rd changed the game.
              I understand, seb. Get the right guys, bring them somewhere, you won't hear anything from me.
              "We have no white flag."

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                I would suspect any Jail suicides as rule of thumb. A while back Calcasieu Parish built what was then called state of the art jail. It was touted as having all prisoners under constant 24 hour supervision. Several years later there was a horrific double murder committed in Edgerly where a young couple were really messed up. Time passed and the Sheriff Deputies arrested a young man for the deed. He was rumored to be heavy into drugs and even Satanic worship. One weekend this young man was found hanging in the Jail Showers. They found him in time to get him put on life support at a local hospital. He clung to life for a very long time and the Sheriff even tried to have him transferred into the Charity Hospital system. It seems this one guy was eating up the whole Jail medical budget! The Judge told the Sheriff to keep him where he was!

The man finally passed on, but left unsaid was how he was able to bypass the security system and who was supposed to have helped him commit the murders. This was a double Black Eye for this Sheriff.

The story of these suicides does not make sense either.

Pruitt
                They should've just arrived "in time" to find him dead.
                "We have no white flag."

Comment

First off, the LRS unit (now disbanded) that this guy was in had a history of serious flakiness. Secondly, he wrote a book and he is expecting a return off that commitment/investment. Lastly, during the interview he states that he doesn't have an answer as to what really happened, he has a theory. So the book is based on what he thinks happened, seems a little weak based on what he saw from afar.
                  My worst jump story:
                  My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                  As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                  No lie.

~
                  "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                  -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

I sure don't on both questions.
                    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

What? Detained fundamentalist muslim jihadists committing mass suicide? Who are we to step in the way of their religious freedom?
                      ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                      IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
                        What? Detained fundamentalist muslim jihadists committing mass suicide? Who are we to step in the way of their religious freedom?
                        Exactly, I'm happy for them.
                        My worst jump story:
                        My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                        As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                        No lie.

~
                        "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Well, don't get me wrong. I'm all for "tactical interrogation", but that ip only so long as they got the right guys. I don't like torture, but I'm not complaining for the criminals. It's when the wrong guy gets it that's worrying.
                          There are no wrong guys at Guantanamo, they are all there for the right reasons GMan!
                          Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Does anyone care?
                            About the inmates in GITMO?

I don't.

If the CIA or anyone else is offing them, well...nope, still don't care.
                            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
                              And the really GOOD part is that there are no "72 virgins" for Muslim suicides.

And in response to the formal OP question: Nope...don't care bit.
                              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X