No announcement yet.

Judge rejects Obama's executive privilege claim over Fast and Furious records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judge rejects Obama's executive privilege claim over Fast and Furious records

From one of President Obama's appointees:

"There is no need to balance the need against the impact that the revelation of any record could have on candor in future executive decision making, since any harm that might flow from the public revelation of the deliberations at issue here has already been self-inflicted," Jackson wrote. "The Department itself has already publicly revealed the sum and substance of the very material it is now seeking to withhold. Since any harm that would flow from the disclosures sought here would be merely incremental, the records must be produced."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...#ixzz3xn8CnwyY

Third world corruption by a third world president. What would you expect?

Comment

Bobo would really like to have his final days scandal-free.

Fat chance.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

It hurts to be lame duck president. He's not feeling the love any more.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

There's a reason he's so desperate to secure his legacy - he's seeing it all unravel in front of him.

About all he will be known for in the future will be the novelty of his race and a half-intact healthcare plan.

Comment

And the mess he leaves his successor to clean up. He'll be in good company with James Buchanan and Jimmy Carter.
            "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

‘Fast & Furious’ rifle capable of taking down helicopter found in 'El Chapo' cache

Out of the roughly 2,000 weapons sold through Fast and Furious, 34 were .50-caliber rifles that can take down a helicopter, according to officials.
              http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...s-program.html
              TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
                And the mess he leaves his successor to clean up. He'll be in good company with James Buchanan and Jimmy Carter.
                Oh, come on now... James Buchanan was much worse than Obama... Obama hasn't started a civil war despite some trying...

Obama's more on par with Millard Fillmore, Andrew Johnson, Franklin Pierce, (three idiots on domestic policy that really wound up the nation and hurt progress for decades after leaving office) Woodrow Wilson (very close parallel there), or Warren Harding (corruption and incompetence).

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                  Oh, come on now... James Buchanan was much worse than Obama... Obama hasn't started a civil war despite some trying...

Obama's more on par with Millard Fillmore, Andrew Johnson, Franklin Pierce, (three idiots on domestic policy that really wound up the nation and hurt progress for decades after leaving office) Woodrow Wilson (very close parallel there), or Warren Harding (corruption and incompetence).
                  I don't know about that, bobo basically gave the mullahs in iran the funds to get nukes. It may not start WW3 but giving religious nut jobs the capability to nuke Israel will definitely start the ball rolling. Do you really think they won't respond in kind?

Do you really think Israeli subs are all innocent? I'd be willing to wager some cash that they've got functional nuke tipped cruse missiles.
                  Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                    I don't know about that, bobo basically gave the mullahs in iran the funds to get nukes. It may not start WW3 but giving religious nut jobs the capability to nuke Israel will definitely start the ball rolling. Do you really think they won't respond in kind?

Do you really think Israeli subs are all innocent? I'd be willing to wager some cash that they've got functional nuke tipped cruse missiles.
                    The nukes will happen with or without these funds.

The Iranians have other, more important things to spend that money on. Mainly, improving their conventional forces and increased funding of their proxies.
                    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post

The Iranians have other, more important things to spend that money on. Mainly, improving their conventional forces and increased funding of their proxies.
                      I wouldn't be so certain on that.
                      Pakistan has nukes and since that Sunni nation has them, the major Shia nation desires same, for "balance".

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                        I wouldn't be so certain on that.
                        Pakistan has nukes and since that Sunni nation has them, the major Shia nation desires same, for "balance".
                        Like I said, the nukes will happen.

Iran needs to improve it's conventional forces. Russia needs to sell hardware. If the cost of Russian equipment could be lowered with more orders, then the Russians can afford more themselves.

Also, Hezbollah will most definitely benefit from this.
                        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

^ But the nukes might happen sooner if some of these funds are directed that way. AND, if "something" else doesn't happen to delay or stop development.

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post

I happen to agree, they will eventually get nukes without the influx of the new cash, but the cash will sure help the regime to improve their economy and ease tensions with their disgruntled public and cementing the longevity of their regime besides what Gixxer mentioned.
                            Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Obama's executive order on illegals are also in jeopardy. SCOTUS will be ruling on it this summer.

In the meantime, Obama is considering issuing yet another executive order to force companies doing business with the federal government to reveal their political spending. WTF?
                              "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X