DOW Meltdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
    I drive an old Porsche with no emissions sticker. I'm not a hippy, just looking at this from a business perspective. We need to find a way to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. I think that starts with more oil drilling and the government leading the way to make RE more viable as well. It's too early to completely write-off RE right now.
    Good luck with that, the best solution Obama has for you is to keep the tire pressure at the daily allowances.

Alternative energy to oil is about 25 years away.
    My worst jump story:
    My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
    As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
    No lie.

~
    "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
    -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
      Yep, that ethanol move drove the price of grain products up which in turn set off the arab spring and produced isis. But hey they believe that there's too many people so why not get them to revolt and start wars...

Progressive isn't it?
      An acre of U.S. corn yields about 7,110 pounds of corn for processing into 328 gallons of ethanol. But planting, growing and harvesting that much corn requires about 140 gallons of fossil fuels and costs $347 per acre, according to Pimentel's analysis.

AND.........they send that damn corn to California to be processed into ethanol. Never mind that we have been in a drought for years and it takes 1700 gallons of water to make one gallon of ethanol.

Time to take the crack away from the greenies.
      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
        An acre of U.S. corn yields about 7,110 pounds of corn for processing into 328 gallons of ethanol. But planting, growing and harvesting that much corn requires about 140 gallons of fossil fuels and costs $347 per acre, according to Pimentel's analysis.

AND.........they send that damn corn to California to be processed into ethanol. Never mind that we have been in a drought for years and it takes 1700 gallons of water to make one gallon of ethanol.

Time to take the crack away from the greenies.
        Long past time to play whack-a-mole on Greenies. I can handle stupid. I can't handle deliberate, intended, and repeated stupid like they shove down our throats.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
          Half-right. The Saudis are out to regain market share. The Saudis won't do anything to intentionally drive the price up until they have killed the US shale plays... which won't die.

Low prices will persist for quite some time, unless something unexpected happens.

Contrary to conventional thinking, low oil prices are driving our economy down this time. Over the last 8 years, oil & gas was just about the only growth industry in the US.
          Aren't US shale plays mostly on state & privately owned lands instead of federal lands? So Obama can't easily shut down the shale production.

Unfortunately, he's also hell bent on destroying the coal and gas industries. Just recently Obama administration placed a moratorium on the mining in Powder River Basin. That will hurt the coal industry as well many coal-powered plants are shutting down all over the country.

If I didn't know better, I'd think Obama and Saudis are working in secret to knock out the US energy companies, which is kind of ironic since Obama insisted on weaning the US off dependence on the foreign oil. Obama has poured billions of dollars into alternate energy solutions, all to little practical benefit, and yet, he refuses to see this for what it is -- an onerous and expensive burden for ordinary consumers to handle.

But with new technologies and widening the depth of oil discovery studies, I'd think it's going to be hard for Saudis to drive the fracking and boom in US shale production out of business permanently. If there is one thing to take away from this turn of events, it's that oil is really cheap and plenteous.

If OPEC didn't exist and we allowed the markets to play out naturally, I don't think we'd be in this position right now. I believe someday down the road, Saudis will turn out to be major losers.

What do you say?
          Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

If there is one thing to take away from this turn of events, it's that oil is really cheap and plenteous.
            Don't forget it's also renewable, something we didn't know 50 years ago and something that the ilk of Gore and Obama never learned about not taking science seriously in school.

Even the most basic source shows that the "fossil fuel" concept is now just completely wrong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abioge...troleum_origin

The change lies in discovery of things like what the bottom of our seas and oceans are really like, plate tectonics, and other scientific discoveries that didn't exist 50 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
              Knowing this I can't understand why so many people are against investing in alternative energies.
              I have already!
              pot-belly stoves, some timber, and cabinets filled with Candles and lamp oil.

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
              Yup. They are every bit the enemy the Persians are.

MORE so, never doubt it.
              The difference is, the Saudi man on the street is even MORE of a crack-brained fanatic than the ruling class... instead of the other way around.
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
                Aren't US shale plays mostly on state & privately owned lands instead of federal lands? So Obama can't easily shut down the shale production.
                The Saudis are trying to shut the shale plays down. Most of them are uneconomic below $50/bbl.

Originally posted by Cheetah
                Unfortunately, he's also hell bent on destroying the coal and gas industries. Just recently Obama administration placed a moratorium on the mining in Powder River Basin. That will hurt the coal industry as well many coal-powered plants are shutting down all over the country.
                He's already killed coal.

If I didn't know better, I'd think Obama and Saudis are working in secret to knock out the US energy companies, which is kind of ironic since Obama insisted on weaning the US off dependence on the foreign oil. Obama has poured billions of dollars into alternate energy solutions, all to little practical benefit, and yet, he refuses to see this for what it is -- an onerous and expensive burden for ordinary consumers to handle.
                The differences between Maobama and the Saudis, are that the Saudis are competent and not Marxists..

But with new technologies and widening the depth of oil discovery studies, I'd think it's going to be hard for Saudis to drive the fracking and boom in US shale production out of business permanently. If there is one thing to take away from this turn of events, it's that oil is really cheap and plenteous.
                The market will have to rebalance. This means that US oil companies will have.to "shrink to grow." US oil production and proved reserves will drop over the next few years, companies will be in survival mode and M&A will be the only way to grow.

Dejavu all over again.

If OPEC didn't exist and we allowed the markets to play out naturally, I don't think we'd be in this position right now. I believe someday down the road, Saudis will turn out to be major losers.
                OPEC may already be dead. The Saudis don't need them.

What do you say?
                I say, "buy low, sell high."
                Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

I see the price of oil dropping due to the world economy, including the US, slowing down. Fossil fuel drives the engine of the economy. If the economy is weak there is less need for fossil fuel. In addition falling oil prices will be reflected in your 401k as a loos.
                  Too Much To Do Too Little Time

Comment

Originally posted by FTCS View Post
                    I see the price of oil dropping due to the world economy, including the US, slowing down. Fossil fuel drives the engine of the economy. If the economy is weak there is less need for fossil fuel. In addition falling oil prices will be reflected in your 401k as a loos.
                    Check what has happened to stocks the past two weeks. That has exactly happened as the Obama Regime desperately tries to prop up the oversold stock market house of cards.

It is a rigged game that is heading for a crash big time. The big players have left some time ago. The little investors are going to get it even worse then they did in 1929. It will just take longer then normal given the Government propping up going on which has failed in China's stock market.
                    “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Yeah, Warren Buffet got out of the stock market...

Comment

Originally Posted by The Doctor
                        Half-right. The Saudis are out to regain market share. The Saudis won't do anything to intentionally drive the price up until they have killed the US shale plays... which won't die.

Low prices will persist for quite some time, unless something unexpected happens.

Contrary to conventional thinking, low oil prices are driving our economy down this time. Over the last 8 years, oil & gas was just about the only growth industry in the US.
                        So says the guy who gets his big paycheck and bonuses from an oil company.

Big Oil made it difficult for a lot of people to afford transportation and drove up prices of everything including food and basic necessities with their insatiable greed for record profits, and was especially tough on people on fixed incomes - retirees like myself, the elderly and those with median-to-low-to-poverty-level incomes. That's fact, not oil company propaganda.

Keep a record for us, Doc - we want to know every single oil company in America that folds and goes under. Then we want you to compare that with every single American and every single business who folded and went under while oil prices were way up.

Big Oil is going to start closing refineries and artificially driving up the price of fuels just as soon as they think they can get away with it, and we all know it. So forgive us if we don't shed any tears for you.
                        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

The economics are what they are...
                          The head of the U.S. Energy Information Administration said in January said that low oil prices provided a "tremendous positive impact" on the American economy.
                          But fresh economic data is confounding that projection. The U.S. economy expanded at a meager rate of just 0.2 percent in the first three months of 2015, and that figure could be revised lower, according to the Wall Street Journal. The poor performance can be attributed, at least in part, to low oil prices.

That is because the U.S. is not just a major oil importer, but also a massive oil producer. The fall in oil prices has inflicted widespread damage on oil-producing states like Texas, Alaska, North Dakota, and Louisiana. If not for severe cutbacks in capital investment on behalf of American oil companies and other related sectors, U.S. GDP would have been 0.75 percentage points higher.

The billions of dollars in slashed investment ripples through all sorts of industrial activity – from manufacturing and heavy equipment, to financial services, commercial real estate and even housing.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...nomy/27146111/
                          Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                            Good luck with that, the best solution Obama has for you is to keep the tire pressure at the daily allowances.

Alternative energy to oil is about 25 years away.
                            Coal in enormous quantities is already with us and always has been.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Coal in enormous quantities is already with us and always has been.
                              And is being made inaccessible...http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...nounced-friday

Comment

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X