No announcement yet.

Stolen Valor Conviction Overturned

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lying is free speech. Well the Hag must be relieved!

Comment

Is it illegal to lie on a resume?

Comment

Originally posted by McMax View Post
        Reviled is not spelled "relieved"...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
          I think I'll go for a more complete "Elvis rhinestone" look myself...

I'll make sure to include at least a few "back" medals too!
          Geez, did these guys get a medal every time they took a dump? Must be nice to be able to award yourself medals.

The guy on the right looks like he got a number of "most times able to kiss Fearless Leader's Read End within an hour" awards.

I wonder how those two guys way down on the left feel that they haven't been awarded enough crap medals they need to use their pants for space?

Comment

Clampers wear gewgaws as a mockery of such, But these clowns have outdone the worst of us...
            Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Actually, only the two guys at the microphone "earned" the medals. The others standing there are wearing the rest of those two's medals!
              I'm going to buy some black robes and declare myself a judge...then I will overturn this and retire.
              Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
              Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Originally posted by McMax View Post
                Ask any politician.
                Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                  Is it illegal to lie on a resume?
                  I guess you could call it fraud, but most employers reserve the right to terminate your employment if you've lied or misrepresented yourself during the application process. It's cheaper and ties up less manpower to can you, and send you on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
                    I guess you could call it fraud, but most employers reserve the right to terminate your employment if you've lied or misrepresented yourself during the application process. It's cheaper and ties up less manpower to can you, and send you on your way.
                    Apparently, they will no longer be able to do that, since the employee can no claim he was exercising his "First Amendment right to free speech".

We live in an upside down world. I wonder how soon we will be convicted of telling the truth if it hurts someone's feelings?
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Apparently, they will no longer be able to do that, since the employee can no claim he was exercising his "First Amendment right to free speech".

We live in an upside down world. I wonder how soon we will be convicted of telling the truth if it hurts someone's feelings?
                      True story MM! I was harassed by a LEO this weekend because I was following the law. He didn't like the law, and tried to buffalo me. I cited the law, he admitted I was correct, and then continuing lecturing me about what he thought the law should be. The man got upset and just couldn't deal with the actual law. If he could of, I think he would cited me knowing the actual law.

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
                        I was speaking more from a legality question. An employer can always find an excuse to justify firing someone, and lying is certainly grounds for it.

But can the state punish you for lying on a resume to a third party?

Comment

I was speaking more from a legality question. An employer can always find an excuse to justify firing someone, and lying is certainly grounds for it.

No. But I think you can be prosecuted if your resume was for a government job because they seem to have a "under penalty of perjury" clause in their job applications.
                          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

In some cases yes. If you misrepresent your qualifications or licensing for many jobs the state could come after you. Practicing medicine without license, unlicensed contracting, that sort of thing.

So, if you lied to an employer like above, that employer could fire you and the state could come after you as well.

Comment

As of right now, I am Gen. Patton,

Comment

I think I'll go for a more complete "Elvis rhinestone" look myself...

I'll make sure to include at least a few "back" medals too!
                                It seems that the guy third from the right has particularly valiant genitals.

Great photo!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X