Oregon militia harassing local authorities and citizens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon militia harassing local authorities and citizens

Intimidation tactics are being used by these outsiders...

HARNEY COUNTY, Oregon -- Harney County Sheriff Dave Ward released a statement Monday calling out "militia members" for harassing and intimidating law enforcement.

The Harney County Sheriff's Office has received "continual" reports of officers being followed home, people sitting in cars outside their homes or following them and their families around the community.

"While not direct physical threats, these activities are clearly designed to try to intimidate," the statement said.

The sheriff asked people to report any harassment or intimidating tactics and to take measures to be safe.

http://www.officer.com/news/12157335...aw-enforcement
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

This is what happens when you don't enforce the law. You get these loose cannons who think they are above it.

I know that there's many standards of the 'law'. Corrupt judges, politicians, and LE. are part of the problem. On the other side are those who buy them.

Stuck in the middle are the rest of us...
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

So far, that Sheriff is the only source of such stories, I heard about it on the radio today.
      And right after that, there were stories about the locals that are enjoying the boom in business. The coffee shops can't stay stocked, the motels are all full.... full of the usual alphabet soup;
      FBI, ATF, CNN, NBC, CBS.
      NSA maybe, but they are not advertising.
      But all in all they are turning the off-season into a hell of a boom time.

Funny that none of the above made any mention of any of this at all, that it was the Sheriff himself that had to break the story.
      Curious, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
        So far, that Sheriff is the only source of such stories, I heard about it on the radio today.
        And right after that, there were stories about the locals that are enjoying the boom in business. The coffee shops can't stay stocked, the motels are all full.... full of the usual alphabet soup;
        FBI, ATF, CNN, NBC, CBS.

Funny that none of the above made any mention of any of this at all, that it was the Sheriff himself that had to break the story.
        Curious, isn't it?
        All two coffee shops?
        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
          FBI, ATF, CNN, NBC, CBS.

Curious, isn't it?
          It is curious.

Also, the tactic isn't something new, it's pretty commonly used by gang members and the cartel to intimidate cops. There were some incidents last year of subjects following cops home, including some gun battles.

In my agency one of our cops had his house broken into by some people that he had arrested in the past, took weeks to run them down and get his stuff back.
          Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Did the schools open up on the 11th? I heard about a girl crying about not being able to get back to school after the Christmas Break as they postponed schools opening for a week because of the possible danger.

Obviously this militia thing is a disruption to the normal life of the community, and is disturbing the peace.
            Homo homini lupus

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
              All two coffee shops?
              Do they have that many?

Harney County is the largest county in Oregon and the ninth largest in the United States.[16] It covers about 10,000 square miles (26,000 km2) but has a total population of only about 7,600.
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

"Get OFF my LAWN..."

Perhaps the sheriff and those law enforcement personnel who feel harassed and unsafe should stalk those folks who don't belong in their community. A little tit for tat. Maybe do some license plate look-ups and see what turns up. I'm of the opinion that at least some of these armed thugs from other jurisdictions have wants or warrants pending.
                ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                  It is curious.

Also, the tactic isn't something new, it's pretty commonly used by gang members and the cartel to intimidate cops. There were some incidents last year of subjects following cops home, including some gun battles.

In my agency one of our cops had his house broken into by some people that he had arrested in the past, took weeks to run them down and get his stuff back.
                  In Montana a few years ago a group called The Freemen were taking out bogus liens against homes and property owned by police, DAs, judges, and local elected officials. they formed their own local governments (not duly elected) and issued warrants, seizure orders, and such things.

It created terrible turmoil for a considerable length of time. Texas and a lot of other states have since enacted laws protecting citizens from these tactics.

But every agency experiences with sort of thing. Its why most officers carry off-duty: because people hold grudges.
                  Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
                    Perhaps the sheriff and those law enforcement personnel who feel harassed and unsafe should stalk those folks who don't belong in their community. A little tit for tat. Maybe do some license plate look-ups and see what turns up. I'm of the opinion that at least some of these armed thugs from other jurisdictions have wants or warrants pending.
                    Exactly, if they are not doing that already.
                    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
                      Oh no question about it, these guys need to pack up and go home. If not they should be cleared out by law enforcement ... with National Guard support if necessary.

Alot of these clowns are emboldened because they were allowed to get away with pointing guns at cops and threatening a revolution during the Bundy Ranch standoff. It's my understanding that LE is taking a very soft approach to this to avoid riling up tensions and creating another Waco/Ruby Ridge/Montana Freemen situation but that's just going to embolden them even further than they already are. In fact, just yesterday there were reports of these 'occupiers' trying to incite a fight with BLM LE Rangers.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
                        Oh no question about it, these guys need to pack up and go home. If not they should be cleared out by law enforcement ... with National Guard support if necessary.
                        No, that's exactly what they are looking for, what is needed is for the media to leave ( which won't happen, but it should) with no one to perform for would end the performance and end this thing.
                        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
                          As Trung Si pointed out, that is exactly what these nimrods want. They want bloodshed so they can be seen as martyrs, to stir up more potential Timothy McVeighs.

Remember the statute of limitations: once warrants are issued, the clock stops. These goobers don't realize it, but payback is riding a slow horse. Long after the TV cameras go on to other sensations they'll be facing serious time.
                          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                            Do they have that many?

Harney County is the largest county in Oregon and the ninth largest in the United States.[16] It covers about 10,000 square miles (26,000 km2) but has a total population of only about 7,600.
                            The population has dropped 3 % in the past few years, the largest employer is the state prison in Ontario and a few truck stops, a few bait and beer stores, feed and grain supply dealers and two car lots.

Comment

Raul Labrador's editorial about the situation was published in the Idaho Statesman today,
                              Here is a link to it,
                              http://www.idahostatesman.com/opinio...e54377815.html

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X