No announcement yet.

Former Toronto Chief leading the Trudeau government's pot legalization project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Toronto Chief leading the Trudeau government's pot legalization project

MP Bill Blair says legal pot could be sold in liquor stores

Former Toronto police chief is now leading the Trudeau government's marijuana legalization project.

From the Toronto Star:

"OTTAWA—MP Bill Blair, the former Toronto police chief now leading the Trudeau government’s marijuana legalization project, says provincial liquor stores may be the most reasonable place from which to control legal cannabis sales because of the ability to restrict youth access to the drug.

Blair, as parliamentary secretary to Justice Minister Jody Wilson-Raybould, has been asked to craft the government’s policy, working with a three-member cabinet team and a federal-provincial-territorial task force that hasn’t yet been struck, the justice minister’s office said.

Blair defended the Liberal plan from a public safety perspective on Friday while acknowledging that the government has “some work to do” to address public concerns."

Full story at:
    http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2...on-reform.html

Funny? I think so, because back in the day up here, Drug Squad types were all for de-criminalizing simple pot possession (note, that doesn't mean legalizing, or for the purpose of), so it could be dealt with by an out of court option, streamlining the courts. Traffic types were dead set against it because of the lack of roadside and office testing devices, blood required for a charge/conviction. I worked for Julian Fantino, the guy Blair replaced; Blair was clearly ... a drug guy.
    "I am Groot"
    - Groot

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X