Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

British Parliament to debate banning Donald Trump

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • British Parliament to debate banning Donald Trump

    So much for being a respected leader worldwide. Good luck getting Mexico to pay for your wall when one of our biggest allies doesn't even want any part of you.

    "'I think if he came to visit our country he’d unite us all against him,' Cameron said in December."
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...ump/ar-AAgoXMw

    Further proof our place in the world and our dignity would greatly diminish with Trump.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

    The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

  • #2
    A ****ing nonsense. They had to debate it because the petition attracted enough signatories. Having said that, I am sure our government is full of enough censorious clowns that the irony of not allowing Trump in to the country because he said Muslims wouldn't be allowed into the US, will be lost on them.
    Why let this 'dangerous fellow' in so he could speak his ideas and potentially have them defeated in the arena of public debate? Better just ban him? Absurd.

    It boils my ****. I have a right to hear what this arch-troll is saying, even if I disagree with any of it. I don't need the government to protect me from harmful opinions.
    ------
    'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

    If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

    Comment


    • #3
      So much for free speech in England. Seems a big bunch of British subjects think that banning speech they don't like is the right (well in this case, Leftist) thing to do.

      Comment


      • #4
        Like I said before, trump is a trap that shillary let loose on the republican party.

        Sadly some people haven't figured that out yet.

        Comment


        • #5
          Unfortunately for those looking to make a big deal out of this, there is another petition that has received almost no Media coverage and has a broadly similar number of votes.

          https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/107516

          As for those who oppose what Trump said, we might assume this would be all of the UK's millions of Muslims, plus their Islamo-left ideological brethren. These might number perhaps 10 million in total, but would still make them a minority view in the UK.
          Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

          Comment


          • #6
            I don't like Trump but if they are going to ban him for his outlandish views are they going to ban everybody with loopy views,people like the fruitcakes returning from ISIS land?

            It just seems like our guvmint bans anybody that states a dislike for muslims as a matter of course,Geert van Wilders for instance, without banning their equally batsh*t crazy opposite numbers.

            I would personally enjoy watching Trump invoking his yooman rites as a free person and our leaders squirming as a result.

            Comment


            • #7
              If they really debated about banning Trump from the UK, they belong in the loony bin right along with Trump!
              Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by flash View Post
                I don't like Trump but if they are going to ban him for his outlandish views are they going to ban everybody with loopy views,people like the fruitcakes returning from ISIS land?

                It just seems like our guvmint bans anybody that states a dislike for muslims as a matter of course,Geert van Wilders for instance, without banning their equally batsh*t crazy opposite numbers.

                I would personally enjoy watching Trump invoking his yooman rites as a free person and our leaders squirming as a result.
                Saint Theresa will ban anyone and anything 'inflammatory'- by the absurd laws of the land, Trump is probably violating some 'hate speech' laws in the US, though seeing as that's outside jurisdiction, I don't see how it'd count. It's purely political of course - a bunch of Crybullies (it only takes a few thousands, not all of them even need to be int he UK to sign these petitions, I don't think) got upset with what the nasty man said; therefore he has to be removed from ever hurting their fweeelings.

                Vile.
                ------
                'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

                If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                  If they really debated about banning Trump from the UK, they belong in the loony bin right along with Trump!
                  If a YouGov Petition gets enough signatories it gets a response, if it gets enough then again, it'll be debated: https://petition.parliament.uk/#peti...ebated-outcome
                  ------
                  'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

                  If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    This is RT, so you know, take it with however much salt you want, but it popped up as I was looking up the numbers of the anti-trump petition: https://www.rt.com/uk/325206-trump-p...n-ban-britain/

                    The petition to ban trump got over 100,000 signatories. The Change.org petition to bring back Jeremy Clarkson to Top Gear got over a million - just to put it into some perspective.
                    ------
                    'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

                    If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      There's no chance he gets banned, it just shows how disliked he is even by our closest allies.
                      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                      - Benjamin Franklin

                      The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                        There's no chance he gets banned, it just shows how disliked he is even by our closest allies.
                        I think Trump has a way to go to match Obama in that respect. The British despise Obama.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                          I think Trump has a way to go to match Obama in that respect. The British despise Obama.
                          Yeah,it's a mutual thing.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Selous View Post
                            A ****ing nonsense. They had to debate it because the petition attracted enough signatories. Having said that, I am sure our government is full of enough censorious clowns that the irony of not allowing Trump in to the country because he said Muslims wouldn't be allowed into the US, will be lost on them.
                            Why let this 'dangerous fellow' in so he could speak his ideas and potentially have them defeated in the arena of public debate? Better just ban him? Absurd.

                            It boils my ****. I have a right to hear what this arch-troll is saying, even if I disagree with any of it. I don't need the government to protect me from harmful opinions.
                            Well said.
                            A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by flash View Post
                              Yeah,it's a mutual thing.
                              Unfortunately, we're the ones stuck with the whiny little bas....d...

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X