Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of this cartoon?

https://twitter.com/LatuffCartoons/s...662016?lang=en

Average response from people in US to this cartoon is (1) justify #TamirRice murder and (2) support White militias
    I am a right-of-center US citizen/resident, the cartoon is accurate.
    0.00%
    I am a middle-of-the road US citizen/resident, the cartoon is accurate.
    8.00%
    I am a left-of-center US citizen/resident, the cartoon is accurate.
    4.00%
    I am a right-of-center non-US citizen/resident, the cartoon is accurate.
    0.00%
    I am a middle-of-the road non-US citizen/resident, the cartoon is accurate.
    12.00%
    I am a left-of-center non-US citizen/resident, the cartoon is accurate.
    12.00%
    The cartoon is inaccurate.
    20.00%
    The cartoon is mindbogglingly inaccurate.
    44.00%
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Seems based on a lot of presumptions -
    1. That (presumably white) people considered the black boy a thug even after details of his toy gun became clear.
    2. That there is a racist double standard at play without other factors (like intent or political context) being involved
    3. That you can't be a patriot, white and have a gun - you're really a thug.
    ------
    'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

How big was Tamir Rice? Somehow I don't see Rice as being that small. I have a 13 year old grandson that is about 5'2" and he loves playing with toy guns, the more accurate looking the better. He has several airsoft toys. What I don't understand is he has a 22 Rifle and a Shotgun now and he should be moving away from playing with toy guns.

This happened in Cleveland, a major city with major city gang issues. Many gangs have their junior members hold their weapons for them. Youngsters get thrown into the Juvenile system. I can understand some police officers over reacting to this situation. From re-reading the incident, I see the Police Officer over-reacted and should be held accountable. I bet he will be very popular in the showers in an Ohio Penitentiary.

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

I think there should be a simple "The cartoon is accurate" response in the poll.
        ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
        IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

...that uninformed, biased political cartoons that push ignorance will continue for as long as the universe exists.
          The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Since you didn't have an option for the cartoon is evidence of the artist's prejudices more so than anyone else's, I went with mindbogglingly inaccurate.
            Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
              How big was Tamir Rice? Somehow I don't see Rice as being that small.

This happened in Cleveland, a major city with major city gang issues. Many gangs have their junior members hold their weapons for them. Youngsters get thrown into the Juvenile system. I can understand some police officers over reacting to this situation.

Pruitt
              I believe that an average cop would have a real problem with the "real gun, white guy=patriot" if he encountered him in a city park. I would not call that an 'overreaction'.
              Pruitt has a point in that the Rice kid was holding what looked like an actual weapon in a threatening manner. The cop may have been a bit too quick to assess the situation but then again how long should he have taken?
              ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
              IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
                I think there should be a simple "The cartoon is accurate" response in the poll.
                It's not my problem if someone doesn't know if they are a US citizen or not or if they are to the right, left or in the middle politically.
                Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
                  Since you didn't have an option for the cartoon is evidence of the artist's prejudices more so than anyone else's, I went with mindbogglingly inaccurate.
                  I figured that was clearly implied...

Comment

Why is the 'inaccurate' option available regardless of citizenship, but the 'accurate' options ones are based on citizenship?
                    ------
                    'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Looks like we need a poll abut the highly slanted way Doc constructs his polls.
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Selous View Post
                        Why is the 'inaccurate' option available regardless of citizenship, but the 'accurate' options ones are based on citizenship?
                        This is the Doctor - he wants to make a graph.

He's one of the few people who believes there IS a Left in the US.
                        Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

Things are much more complicated than this simple cartoon , but ,hey ,that's a caricature and that's what we expect it to be!
                          That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Originally posted by the ace View Post
                            This is the Doctor - he wants to make a graph.

He's one of the few people who believes there IS a Left in the US.
                            There definitely is a left in the US, whether the Democrat party represent that fully is a separate matter, though it'd be hard to say Sanders isn't Left.
                            ------

Comment

Not sure why, but I was unable to transfer an image of an officer pointing a real gun and a toy gun at the photographer to make the point that it's extraordinarily difficult to tell them apart....especially when someone has removed the orange tip from the toy.
                              Last edited by asterix; 04 Jan 16, 11:23.
                              You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X