Predictions for 2016 in North America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predictions for 2016 in North America

Selous started a thread in the European sub forum for predictions for 2016.

I would like to start a similar thread for predictions for North America.

What are you're predictions for North America in 2016?
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
    Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

My first prediction, Donald Trump will not get the the Relub!ican nomination.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
    Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
      <-- as they say.

Corporate Candidate A will, or maybe Corporate Candidate B - Massive Troll won't.

Otherwise - war, death, famine, horses eating each other, rivers of blood, days of darkness, safe spaces for college students and the repeal of the first amendment to protect people's feelie-weelies.

We're just one step ahead in some cases, and one step behind in others, than NA - but at least we can be secure in the knowledge that 2016 will be a continuation of the decline of western civilization. Sorry, I mean, a 'progression'.

It's -current year-, after all.

------
      'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

Oil prices will range between $5 and $100 per barrel in 2016 unless they go lower or higher.

Dear Leader Chairman Maobama will not be reelected again in November.

Donald Trump won't be the GOP nominee.

The current El Niño may or not be followed by a La Niña.
        Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

I sincerely hope that your prediction is correct.
          Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Selous View Post
            but at least we can be secure in the knowledge that 2016 will be a continuation of the decline of western civilization. Sorry, I mean, a 'progression'.
            My prediction is that people will continue to predict the 'decline of......(fill in the blank)' as they have been doing for millennia. Like a stopped clock, some of them will eventually be right, but not this year.
            Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by BF69 View Post
              My prediction is that people will continue to predict the 'decline of......(fill in the blank)' as they have been doing for millennia. Like a stopped clock, some of them will eventually be right, but not this year.
              Don't take my dreams away, they'll keep me warm after 'The Happening'
              ------
              'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

No he won't, Ted Cruz will, and then he'll go on to win the general.
                A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

An Economic crisis, as has been the case every time we have had a new President come into the office for the last 40 years.
                  This one could be nasty.

Trump will be assassinated and Obama will use this as an excuse to declare a national emergency, and cling to power for years.
                  "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                    An Economic crisis, as has been the case every time we have had a new President come into the office for the last 40 years.
                    This one could be nasty.
                    Like the last one you predicted....in 2012. Still waiting for that one. Just keep predicting one every year Exo. You'll be right eventually.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...conomic+crisis

Oh, and the last crisis started before the new President even got elected, so the 'correlation = causation' thing isn't doing so well.

Trump will be assassinated and Obama will use this as an excuse to declare a national emergency, and cling to power for years.
                    At this point it really is difficult to tell if you are joking. Safest to assume you are serious.
                    Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Like the last one you predicted....in 2012. Still waiting for that one. Just keep predicting one every year Exo. You'll be right eventually.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...conomic+crisis

Oh, and the last crisis started before the new President even got elected, so the 'correlation = causation' thing isn't doing so well.
                      Um, DUH.
                      That's the point, its called an Election year, they don't get into office until January of the NEXT year.
                      Look it up; from Carter to Reagan, to Bush, to Clinton ("its the economy, stupid), from Clinton to Bush, it is always a bad year for the economy and it hits from 1-12 months before the election day. Its like clockwork, so there is nothing even remotely oracular about it, its a fact.
                      2008 just happened to be the worst of the lot, and since we never really recovered this next one will be brutal.

EDIT-
                      Oh, I see, my "when they get in" threw you an easy one. That was to differentiate between election cycles when there is no change of office, such as 1984, 1996 and 2004.

At this point it really is difficult to tell if you are joking. Safest to assume you are serious.
                      I'll start a thread on one or both the next time someone like Lodestunt starts a thread here telling us who to vote for.
                      Just to be mean.
                      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

The election will dominate the political scene, obviously. If we are to look at polls and bookmakers odds, Clinton will walk it, possibly in a race against Rubio, who is second favourite. My predictions is that it will be a very close election. It's not the safe consensus prediction, but I think the US is ready for someone like Trump and he wins a bitterly fought campaign. If there is another Islamic terror attack before the election, I would move Trump to a clear favourite.

The US economy performs strongly, especially relative to other nations, meaning immigration continues to increase.

Ferguson style rioting becomes more common, with a lower threshold for things kicking off.

Though with an eye on Russia, China and Iran, radical Islam in its various havens, Libya, Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq continues to be the main military preoccupation. Whoever is president, there is a reluctance to commit troops beyond trainers and special forces.
                        Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

Comment

The economy will grow weaker.
                          The rich will get richer; all others will become poorer, especially the middle class.
                          Our national debt will increase.
                          Government will continue to be weak and ineffective.
                          Terrorism will continue to be the driving force in our world.
                          Racism and domestic violence will get worse.
                          We will continue to fight meaningless wars in foreign countries.
                          America will continue its downward spiral towards revolution/civil war.
                          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Selous View Post
                            <-- as they say.

Corporate Candidate A will, or maybe Corporate Candidate B - Massive Troll won't.

Otherwise - war, death, famine, horses eating each other, rivers of blood, days of darkness, safe spaces for college students and the repeal of the first amendment to protect people's feelie-weelies.

We're just one step ahead in some cases, and one step behind in others, than NA - but at least we can be secure in the knowledge that 2016 will be a continuation of the decline of western civilization. Sorry, I mean, a 'progression'.

G]

Selous, you need to move to the U.S. You can become a first class preper. Stock pile ammo, spam and water treatment kits. Wait out the Apocalypse in style in your custom shelter!

Comment

Selous, you need to move to the U.S. You can become a first class preper. Stock pile ammo, spam and water treatment kits. Wait out the Apocalypse in style in your custom shelter!
                              Ha! Where do I sign? I have my mess tins and water purification tablets ready.
                              ------

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X