Obama declares war on gun owners.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama declares war on gun owners.

This is it, the gauntlet has been thrown down, this is the year that will decide if we keep our gun rights or loose them forever.
    President Barack Obama, in a New Year's address, made fighting gun violence a resolution for 2016, calling it a major piece of "unfinished business" in his time at the White House.

As he marks the start of his final year in the White House, Obama expressed regret at the little progress made in the past seven years towards remedying America's gun "epidemic."

"My New Year's resolution is to move forward on our unfinished business as much as I can," he said. "That's especially true for one piece of unfinished business, that's our epidemic of gun violence."

The US leader announced he would meet with Attorney General Loretta Lynch on Monday, his first day back at work after the New Year's break, "to discuss our options" in reducing the deaths and injuries caused by firearms.
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...5ou?li=BBnb7Kz
    Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
    Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Ending the war on drugs would significantly reduce gun violence, but of course that will never happen. Hopefully there's not enough time for him to get anything through.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

There is not much that he can do in this length of time that wouldn't violate our Constitution or withstand a SCOTUS decision if he tries to do it via the back door and he knows it, however that doesn't mean he won't try, but I know this much for sure, we will not lose our gun rights unless the 2nd amendment is repealed and he does not have the power to do that.
      Obama just doesn't worry me that much anymore, he is all about words and not much action.
      Last edited by Trung Si; 01 Jan 16, 17:13.
      Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
        There is not much that he can do in this length of time that wouldn't violate our Constitution or withstand a SCOTUS decision if he tries to do it via the back door and he knows it, however that doesn't mean he won't try, but I know tis much for sure, we will not lose our gun rights unless the 2nd amendment is repealed and he does not have the power to do that.
        Obama just doesn't worry me that much anymore, he is all about words and not much action.
        He will start it, Hillary will finish it.
        Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.

Comment

Nothing what so ever will happen along the lines of us keeping our gun rights or losing them.
          “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
          “To talk of many things:
          Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
          Of cabbages—and kings—
          And why the sea is boiling hot—
          And whether pigs have wings.”
          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
            Nothing what so ever will happen along the lines of us keeping our gun rights or losing them.
            I agree!

Comment

Agreed. He's an extremely lame duck with little political capital left, even in his own party if the refugee issue is any indication. Add to that the fact that the American people have proven to be strongly on the side of gun rights in recent years and it looks to me like Obama is merely raging against the wind. There's nothing he can really do here.
              "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Let him try. Anything he does will violate the 2nd Amendment, and he's got no backing now to enforce it. The backlash will be tremendous. Think his legacy as POTUS is a failure so far? Just wait till he think he has the balls to do anything serious.

He'll just end up becoming guns salesman of the year again, and I won't be able to find the ammo I want.
                The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

I'm still selling the hand loading equipment that I hold. I've got no further use of them. I've got the books and all the other associated equipment. Plus I've got more ammo than Carter has pills... The ammo will require a background check, Meh so will the reloading kit. (I don't want to supply bad people with any tools or equipment...)
                  Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
                    Agreed. He's an extremely lame duck with little political capital left, even in his own party if the refugee issue is any indication. Add to that the fact that the American people have proven to be strongly on the side of gun rights in recent years and it looks to me like Obama is merely raging against the wind. There's nothing he can really do here.
                    He will probably do a couple of lame things which will be meaningless for legal gun owners just so he can say that he made good on his promise and take a victory lap.

Comment

Hillary has also said this is her priority, she has come right out and said she wants take on the NRA.

Comment

He's been thumping his chest over this for as long as he has been office, but the results are a net loss for the gun control Nazis.

Gun rights are largely immune to executive orders, and Congress (which the GOP holds) is not inclined towards anti-gun measures.

All he is going to do is alienate himself from Dem Congressmen who are have to run in 2016 and do not want to have to fight on that issue.

Sandy Hook proved to be a watershed-instead of being a rallying cry for gun control Nazis, it sparked a relaxation of state restrictions and a spur to gun ownership. Since then the Feds have reached an all-time high on gun purchase background checks, 183,000 in a single day.

And that 183,000 does not include the private sales, which many experts claim are 50% or more of gun transactions in the USA. Millions of firearms have been purchased since Bobo took office.

Meanwhile, the ATF database on firearms crashed at least once, and as many as three million records have been permanently lost.

This is the nimrod who, on his first day in office, vowed to close GITMO forthwith. Seven years later its still in existence.

Bobo is a talker, not a doer.
                        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                          The ammo will require a background check, Meh so will the reloading kit. (I don't want to supply bad people with any tools or equipment...)
                          Geez, even the democrats don't require that...

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                            He'll just end up becoming guns salesman of the year again, and I won't be able to find the ammo I want.
                            It's been busy enough the last two months. We don't need another scare. Last year, we sold over a thousand more guns than the year before. That's a 20+% gain. We've been able to get enough product so far, but who knows how long that will last.
                            Last edited by johns624; 01 Jan 16, 19:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                              Hillary has also said this is her priority, she has come right out and said she wants take on the NRA.
                              Good luck with that, maybe she should ask Lodestar for some help , the NRA was around 76 years before she was born and will be around and still go strong in this country long after her and I pass away!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X