Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Less and less Mexican marijuana

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Less and less Mexican marijuana

    http://www.latimes.com/world/mexico-...230-story.html

    Apparently it is no longer profitable for the farmers in Mexico to grow weed, or rather it's more profitable to grow something else. Also the legal market in USA has about double to 3 billion USD during 2013-2014 alone.

    Any "war on drugs" apologists left here to comment?
    Wisdom is personal

  • #2
    Originally posted by Karri View Post
    http://www.latimes.com/world/mexico-...230-story.html

    Apparently it is no longer profitable for the farmers in Mexico to grow weed, or rather it's more profitable to grow something else. Also the legal market in USA has about double to 3 billion USD during 2013-2014 alone.

    Any "war on drugs" apologists left here to comment?
    Depends on what the 'something else' is.......if it's Coca or Poppies then you're not really solving anything, it just moved from one drug to another.
    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

    Comment


    • #3
      Less and less Mexican marijuana

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
        Quiero un Taco!
        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Karri View Post
          http://www.latimes.com/world/mexico-...230-story.html

          Apparently it is no longer profitable for the farmers in Mexico to grow weed, or rather it's more profitable to grow something else. Also the legal market in USA has about double to 3 billion USD during 2013-2014 alone.

          Any "war on drugs" apologists left here to comment?
          Actually, Mexicans are sent here in teams to grow illegal marijuana in wilderness areas and state parks.

          Comment


          • #6
            Of course they can't compete with the Mexicans and Americans growing it in the US now that some places have made it all but totally legal to do...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
              Of course they can't compete with the Mexicans and Americans growing it in the US now that some places have made it all but totally legal to do...
              I'm curious how much of the legal marijuana is taken out of state from places such as Colorado?

              While working, I've seen plenty of homes that grow their own marijuana using grow lights. Every thing from one or two plants for personal use up to whole houses full!
              "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
              Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

              Comment


              • #8
                Nobody wants that ditch weed anyway........
                ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

                BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

                BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
                  I'm curious how much of the legal marijuana is taken out of state from places such as Colorado?

                  While working, I've seen plenty of homes that grow their own marijuana using grow lights. Every thing from one or two plants for personal use up to whole houses full!
                  In Colorado you can have six plants for personal use. One fellow has his six...and they're eight feet tall!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                    Nobody wants that ditch weed anyway........
                    The old ditch weed grows wild all through out the Midwest, and probably the rest of the U.S. It was pretty weak stuff. With the modern breeding the marijuana is much stronger today.
                    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
                    Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                      Depends on what the 'something else' is.......if it's Coca or Poppies then you're not really solving anything, it just moved from one drug to another.
                      Legalizing doesn't solve problems anyway. Drugs weren't prohibited because Mexicans were making money, they were prohibited for causing social problems. Legalize them and the problem remains regardless of Mexican drug profitability. So this doesn't really score any points for pro drug advocates. Potheads are still potheads. If pro drug advocates want to show that a drug using society is functional they need to demonstrate that legalization either doesn't increase or decreases drug addiction. Because the problem is that people are addicted to drugs, not that Mexicans were making them.
                      A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        That story comes up every year or so, gets debunked, goes away.
                        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Came in expecting Draco jokes. Left disappointed.
                          Divine Mercy Sunday: 4/21/2020 (https://www.thedivinemercy.org/message) The Miracle of Lanciano: Jesus' Real Presence (https://web.archive.org/web/20060831...fcontents.html)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            If you live within 300 miles of the Mexican border your county is being flooded with cheap highly potent meth which is more more profitable for the drug cartels than pot ever was.
                            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
                              Legalizing doesn't solve problems anyway. Drugs weren't prohibited because Mexicans were making money, they were prohibited for causing social problems. Legalize them and the problem remains regardless of Mexican drug profitability. So this doesn't really score any points for pro drug advocates. Potheads are still potheads. If pro drug advocates want to show that a drug using society is functional they need to demonstrate that legalization either doesn't increase or decreases drug addiction. Because the problem is that people are addicted to drugs, not that Mexicans were making them.
                              Then why not make Alcohol and Tobacco illegal too? They're effect on society has been much more costly and deadly than Cannabis.
                              ´
                              “You need to help people. I know it's not very Republican to say but you need to help people.” DONALD TRUMP, 2016

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X