Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had to choose, President Hillary Clinton or President Trump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you had to choose, President Hillary Clinton or President Trump?

I hope it doesn't down come to a Clinton versus Trump race in November2016! But if it did.....?

It looks like Mrs. Clinton is going to get the Democratic parties nomination baring some major upheaval on the Democrats side.

On the Republican side the nomination is still very much in play. Mr. Trump has a big leadthat is true. But it must be remembered that there are 57 (a slight exageration) other people running for the nomination. At this time it is breaking down to a Trump, versus Cruz and then every body else.

I expect after the first couple of primaries and caucuses the race narrow down to Trump versus Cruz and one or two of the more mainstream candidates. Thats when the real race will begin.

If it came down to a Hillary Clinton versus Donald Trump it would be interesting if nothing else.

I see their depth and breadth of support as being polar opposites:

I've heard Mrs. Clinton's support as being "A mile wide but an inch deep". She has a broad base of support. But other than the crowd that are VERY EXCITED at the prospect of having the first woman president, few seem enthusiastic about her. It is kind of sad when Bernie Sanders is seen as more exciting than you. Say what you will about her husband Bill Clinton. He was a great politician, very good at kissing babies, shaking hands and connecting with an audience. Mrs. Clinton is just not in the same league as a politician.

Donald Trump on the other hand has supporters that seem to support him no matter what. He makes a statement that the media see as being very controversial. A big deal is made about what ever statement in papers on the radio and on t.v. The pundits expect to see Trumps poll numbers drop. Instead his numbers remain solid or even increase! Mr. Trumps supporters back him and it would take a lot to get them to turn against him.

In the event it is Hillary Clinton versus Trump on November 8th 2016 how would you vote?

I will lay my cards on the table. I see Mr. Trump as a badly flawed candidate and human being. But I see the same in Mrs. Clinton. I think many of Mr. Trump's policies are wrong for the country, but Clinton would be much worse. So if it came to it I would hold my nose and vote for Trump.

My vote is: "I would vote for Mr. Trump, he is the better of two truly awful choices"
    I would vote for Mrs. Clinton
    22.41%
    I would gladly vote for Mr. Trump
    10.34%
    I would vote for Mr. Trump, he is not my first choice, but he is not so bad
    10.34%
    I would vote for Mr. Trump, he is the better of two truly awful choices
    34.48%
    I can't take it, I will not vote at all
    6.90%
    I would vote third party
    15.52%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by 17thfabn; 26 Dec 15, 16:06.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
    Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Yeah I don't like trump either. I think he'd be a disaster for our nation. But shillary is even worse. If trump did pledge to have her tried for her many transgressions then I'd head towards his camp...

But then again I think bobo should share a cell with her for the next 50 years...
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Anybody by Shrillary. We don't need an incompetent, evil, vindictive, version of Richard Nixon in the White House... EVER!

Trump may be a loon but he's a reasonably successful loon versus the never did anything of significance other than screw up Shrillary.

Comment

The Benghazi Bimbo?
        Please, the only reason she will get any votes as all is to vote against Trump. And if Trump picks a female running mate, any one at all, there goes half of that.

Comment

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
          I hope it doesn't down come to a Clinton versus Trump race in November2016! So if it came to it I would hold my nose and vote for Trump.
          Unfortunately so would I.
          Under no circumstance could I bring myself to vote for HRC!
          Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

I may not vote but suppose I could:

Trump I consider as a very dangerous clown.
            I think that there are more talented people in the US than another member of the Clinton family.
            I'd vote third party.
            BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Sennef View Post
              I may not vote but suppose I could:

Trump I consider as a very dangerous clown.
              I think that there are more talented people in the US than another member of the Clinton family.
              I'd vote third party.
              Dude, that was how we ended up with the first Clinton..........
              Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post

Please, the only reason she will get any votes as all is to vote against Trump. And if Trump picks a female running mate, any one at all, there goes half of that.
                I think any Democrat candidate starts with about 40% of the vote. There are the hard core liberals. Feminists that feel that any Republican woman is not a "true woman". Minority groups that overwhelmingly have voted Democratic. The union democrat that disagrees with the Democratic party on every issue EXCEPT union issues and will always vote for the Democrat.

Even Carter in 1980, Mondale in 1984 and Dukakis in 1988 all got over 40% of the vote.
                "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
                Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

If it comes down to a choice between those two Iíll vote for the best man for the job.
                  Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Trump is probably not really a conservative, but Hillary is probably completely corrupt.

I am not sure that Trump is trustworthy, but I know that Hillary is not.
                    She seems far too willing to be bought.
                    I only hope that the influence peddling organization known as the "Clinton Foundation" is exposed for what it really is.

If she is elected, expect that the "Foundation" will start to rake in billions more than it did when she was SoS.
                    Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                      Dude, that was how we ended up with the first Clinton..........
                      Exactly, I still haven't forgiven the people (including some of my friends) that voted for Ross Perot.
                      Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

I'm 56 and have voted in every presidential election since I've been 18. This may be the first one that I'll sit out.

Comment

The Democrats have long figured out that all you need is to have the EC covered. Sadly, it won't matter who gets nominated for the Republicans, he or she will lose to Hillary Clinton in electoral votes.

“Someone who doesn’t know is less stupid than someone who wrongly think he knows."

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                            Exactly, I still haven't forgiven the people (including some of my friends) that voted for Ross Perot.
                            I'm sorry.............I liked Perot.........

Comment

3rd Party

tRump or Clint on

I'd have to rethink my American citizenship.

tRump is a narcissists with a capital N. Loud and boorish that Europeans are already laughing at the thought of him as POTUS.

Clint ton has had contact with many heads of state so is no stranger there. Other than that I cannot see much else to recommend her. Much rather have her husband instead. I still think he was better than the two that have followed.
                              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X