Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cruz or Rubio - for possible Republican Primary Voters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by lakechampainer View Post
      Just another reason for me to like Cruz.
      If people like McCain oppose him, he must be good.
      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
        Can't rep you, too soon!
        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

From CNN - Trump intensifies "birther" attacks on Cruz

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2.../race-to-2016/

Comment

From CNN - Trump intensifies "birther" attacks on Cruz

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2.../race-to-2016/
            Trump is a buffoon. He has an excuse.for being totally ignorant of the facts and the law.
            Birth Abroad to One Citizen and One Alien Parent in Wedlock

A child born abroad to one U.S. citizen parent and one alien parent acquires U.S. citizenship at birth under Section 301(g) of the INA provided the U.S. citizen parent was physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for the time period required by the law applicable at the time of the child's birth.

[...]

For birth between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986, a period of ten years, five after the age of fourteen, is required for physical presence in the United States or one of its outlying possessions to transmit U.S. citizenship to the child.
            http://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HT...-Chapter3.html

Last edited by The Doctor; 12 Jan 16, 06:05.
            Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
              The modern version of Captain Queeg...

If crackpots and buffoons are opposed to Ted.Cruz, he's the ideal candidate...
              Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuebor View Post
                What the anti-immigrant Right does not understand is that to win the White House a candidate NEEDS a hefty portion of the Hispanic vote (i.e. about 35 to 40 percent). Neither Trump no Cruz will get anything like that number. Rubio, on the other hand, scares the **** out of the Democrats.

Tuebor

This is something I have been trying to explain to my fellow conservatives but many of them are stuck in 1980 and think that the White working class/Whites without a college diploma/Southern & Midwestern Whites are the key to victory. Non-Hispanic Whites overall are down to 69% of the population and only about 60% of the voting electorate.

I keep saying it over and over: DEMOGRAPHICS but people just say "oh they won't show up since Obama isent running" or "Oh we can just cancel them out by appealing to the White working class". Their delusions are going to give us President Hillary Clinton and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer.

It's a known and confirmed fact that the two GOP contenders who scare Hillary's campaign staffers the most are Marco Rubio and (to a lesser extent) Jeb Bush. You don't need to be Einstein to figure out why this is.

Comment

IMO Bush was DOA. Two Bush's were enough for the American people.

Comment

As was one Clinton. That's part of the reason her apparent popularity depresses me so much. Regardless of what you think of her policies she's not much more than a dynastic successor to Bill.
                    "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post

This is something I have been trying to explain to my fellow conservatives but many of them are stuck in 1980 and think that the White working class/Whites without a college diploma/Southern & Midwestern Whites are the key to victory. Non-Hispanic Whites overall are down to 69% of the population and only about 60% of the voting electorate.

I keep saying it over and over: DEMOGRAPHICS but people just say "oh they won't show up since Obama isent running" or "Oh we can just cancel them out by appealing to the White working class". Their delusions are going to give us President Hillary Clinton and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer.

It's a known and confirmed fact that the two GOP contenders who scare Hillary's campaign staffers the most are Marco Rubio and (to a lesser extent) Jeb Bush. You don't need to be Einstein to figure out why this is.
                      The GOP needs non-white voters. They aren't attracting them. That so many conservatives cannot understand that fact - or are stuck blaming non-white voters rather than looking at their own policies - is THE greatest hurdle facing the Republicans in the future.

This coming election will be a good marker of how the GOPs (somewhat limited) attempts to change their party's perception amongst non-whites is faring, but considering the appeal of Trump's message, I won't count on any surprises.

The GOP has a ways to go to attract non-white voters. It has the foundation for it, if it can take some risks and not hold itself back to losing political philosophy about demographics.

Comment

To me Marco Rubio is the second coming of Reagan in way.

Comment

Sorry, it is much in dispute. The way I was taught in school was you had to be born in the US to be President. Now there are these new interpretations since people have axes to grind. Words mean something. The Constitution is clear.
                          I'm sure by now you have had it explained to you in painstaking detail how you are wrong, what you were taught in school is wrong, and your understanding of the constitution is lacking. No where in the Constitution does it say that you have to be born in the US to be eligible for the Presidency. The Naturalization Act of 1790 further clarifies what it means to be a natural born citizen. His mother was a US citizen who gave birth to him in Canada. That makes him both a natural US and Canadian Citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by Naffenea View Post
                            I'm sure by now you have had it explained to you in painstaking detail how you are wrong, what you were taught in school is wrong, and your understanding of the constitution is lacking. No where in the Constitution does it say that you have to be born in the US to be eligible for the Presidency. The Naturalization Act of 1790 further clarifies what it means to be a natural born citizen. His mother was a US citizen who gave birth to him in Canada. That makes him both a natural US and Canadian Citizen.
                            The Naturalization Act of 1790 is irrelevant.
                            The Constitution is the Highest law in the land - period.

Funny that I am wrong, as is the leading candidate, as are millions of others. But, thankfully, armchair general remains a bastion of knowledge. I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                              The GOP needs non-white voters. They aren't attracting them. That so many conservatives cannot understand that fact - or are stuck blaming non-white voters rather than looking at their own policies - is THE greatest hurdle facing the Republicans in the future.

This coming election will be a good marker of how the GOPs (somewhat limited) attempts to change their party's perception amongst non-whites is faring, but considering the appeal of Trump's message, I won't count on any surprises.

The GOP has a ways to go to attract non-white voters. It has the foundation for it, if it can take some risks and not hold itself back to losing political philosophy about demographics.
                              They also have to stop pandering to the Religious Right. The Democrats understand that they just need to give the gay population some lip service, with occasional action. Why? Who is the gay population going to vote for? Cruz. Never.

In the same way, the GOP can tone it down on divisive social issues and still retain the Religious Right. Who are they going to vote for? Clinton or Sanders. Never. A small shift towards the center would reap huge dividends in votes.

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                                The Presidents place of birth was never in doubt, HI, USA.

The Birther 'movement' moved beyond the born in Kenya point, way beyond.

The claimed he was not a NBC because his father was not a citizen. So that would apply to Sen Rubio and Sen Cruz, yet we don't hear anything about that right now, not a bit. Guess why?

So Sen Cruz fails two birther test and Sen Rubio fails one.

Because it didn't start until after Obama won the Dem nomination. We currently haven't reached that phase of the campaign yet.
                                "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X