Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cruz or Rubio - for possible Republican Primary Voters.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruz or Rubio - for possible Republican Primary Voters.

Cruz or Rubio? - for possible Republican Primary voters.
    Cruz
    41.94%
    Rubio
    35.48%
    Other Republican Candidate
    19.35%
    Other
    3.23%

I don't think I can vote for either Rubio or Cruz, although Cruz made more sense in the debate the other evening. Trump is still my main man, even though I don't agree with ALL of his policies, he has enough liberal beliefs that I can MAYBE see a no harm, no foul thing happening if he won the General Election. But I also think that a Democrat can beat him.
    Homo homini lupus

Comment

My reaction isn't based on policy issues, but Rubio comes across to me as someone who can be a leader, someone who can maybe unify Americans. We surely need this after Obama. Rubio's history from an immigrant family should help him come up with some middle ground solution on immigration/illegal status) (meaning really Hispanic) which we surely need.

Edit- In Massachusetts, I am independent and can vote in any (one) primary. I vote in either the Democratic or Republican, depending on circumstances. In this case it's seems clear that Hillary is the Democrat, so I will vote Republican.

Comment

Cruz - Born in Canada - I don't see under what theory he is running for President. I guess ultimately it is for the Congress to decide when it counts the electoral votes in January 2017. I can also see that the people in charge of elections in each state (Secretary of State in Massachusetts) could refuse to put such a person on a primary ballot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Cruz

excerpt

Ted Cruz was born on December 22, 1970,[3][4] in the city of Calgary, Alberta, Canada, to parents Eleanor Elizabeth (Darragh) Wilson and Rafael Bienvenido Cruz.[5][6][7] At the time of his birth, Cruz' parents were working in the oil business as owners of a seismic-data processing firm for oil drilling.[6][8][9][10][11] Cruz has said, “I’m the son of two mathematicians/computer programmers.”[12]

excerpt

Since Cruz was born in Canada, commentators for the Austin American-Statesman[128] and the Los Angeles Times[129] speculated about Cruz's legal status as a natural-born citizen. Because he was a U.S. citizen at birth (his mother was a U.S. citizen who lived in the U.S. for more than 10 years as outlined by the Nationality Act of 1940), many commentators believe Cruz is eligible to serve as President of the United States.[5][25][130][131] Despite many legal experts opinions to the contrary, conservative legal activist Larry Klayman, Orly Taitz, one of the leading proponents of the "birther" movement during Obama's presidency, Joseph Farah of World Net Daily, and Donald Trump, have stated that Cruz is not a natural born citizen and thus not eligible to run for president.[132] Two lawyers, Neal Katyal and Paul Clement, who both represented presidents from both parties at the Supreme Court, wrote in the Harvard Law Review that Cruz meets the constitutional standard to run.[133][134]

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wikipedia article on natural-born citizen clause

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natura...citizen_clause
        Last edited by lakechampainer; 19 Dec 15, 11:00.

Comment

Sen Cruz is a Natural Born Citizen. When he was born he was a citizen, no action needed to make him a citizen. Only two types of Citizens , Natural, i.e. at birth, or Naturalized.

The people listed in the OP second paragraph are birther idiots. Plain and simple. Of course I find it very interesting that the websites that pushed the birther stuff against the President are very quite about the TWO GOP candidates that fail to meet the requirements they demanded for the President

As far as the GOP primary I plan to vote in it and will vote for Sen Cruz. I want the candidate that will defy any attempt to label them as not conservative enough to be the candidate.
          Last edited by Combat Engineer; 19 Dec 15, 13:18.
          “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
          “To talk of many things:
          Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
          Of cabbages—and kings—
          And why the sea is boiling hot—
          And whether pigs have wings.”
          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
            Sen Cruz is a Natural Born Citizen. When he was born he was a citizen, no action needed to make him a citizen. Only two types of Citizens , Natural, i.e. at birth, or Naturalized.

The people listed in the OP second paragraph are birther idiots. Plain and simple. Of course I find it very interesting that the websites that pushed the birther stuff against the President are very quite about the TWO GOP candidates that fail to meet the requirements they demanded for the President

As far as the GOP primary I plan to vote in it and will vote for Sen Cruz. I want the candidate that will defy any attempt to label as not conservative enough to be the candidate.
            Certainly a valid viewpoint. However, I think there is a distinction to made between President Obama and Senator Cruz: Senator Cruz admits he was born in Canada/it is not in dispute.

Comment

Originally posted by lakechampainer View Post
              Certainly a valid viewpoint. However, I think there is a distinction to made between President Obama and Senator Cruz: Senator Cruz admits he was born in Canada/it is not in dispute.
              The Presidents place of birth was never in doubt, HI, USA.

The Birther 'movement' moved beyond the born in Kenya point, way beyond.

The claimed he was not a NBC because his father was not a citizen. So that would apply to Sen Rubio and Sen Cruz, yet we don't hear anything about that right now, not a bit. Guess why?

So Sen Cruz fails two birther test and Sen Rubio fails one.
              “To talk of many things:
              Of cabbages—and kings—
              ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Cruz or Rubio? - for possible Republican Primary voters.
                The people taking the poll are Republicans?

Might want to check that
                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                  The people taking the poll are Republicans?

Might want to check that
                  Not the issue. Any one eligibile to vote in a GOP primary should respond. Missouri has an open primary, only primary I'm interested in is the GOP one so I plan to vote in it for Sen Cruz.
                  “To talk of many things:
                  Of cabbages—and kings—
                  ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

As far as the GOP primary I plan to vote in it and will vote for Sen Cruz. I want the candidate that will defy any attempt to label as not conservative enough to be the candidate.
                    +1!
                    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Other. Rand Paul. I personally don't feel Cruz or Rubio bring anything substantive to the table. With Trump, we'll have someone extremely dangerous for our constitution and borderline tyrannical in office. Being willing to kill the family members of his enemies and shut down the internet for young people reeks more of a dictator than President. He obviously cares nothing for the first amendment.

Personally, I'd rather not see this country adopt the same policies as North Korea so there's no way I could support him.

Comment

Cruz is who I think, though not who I'd support.

Comment

Not an American but I'm a huge Cruz supporter. I think Rubio has been bought by the establishment and will continue the Corporatist policies that both the Dems & much of the GOP favor. Cruz & Paul are the only true free market Capitalists in the race.
                          A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

It's not a viewpoint. It is a cold hard fact. Ted Cruz is a natural born citizen.
                            Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

The Presidents place of birth was never in doubt, HI, USA.

The Birther 'movement' moved beyond the born in Kenya point, way beyond.

The claimed he was not a NBC because his father was not a citizen. So that would apply to Sen Rubio and Sen Cruz, yet we don't hear anything about that right now, not a bit. Guess why?

So Sen Cruz fails two birther test and Sen Rubio fails one.
                              Everyone knows Maobama was born in Manchuria...
                              Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X