Democrats Introduce Bill To Help Purchase New Firearms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democrats Introduce Bill To Help Purchase New Firearms

Well, the title is a little misleading but somewhat true. It seems that Rep Donald Payne Jr (D-NJ) has introduced a national gun buyback program that would pay 25% more than the far market value of the firearm. The catch is the money would be in the form of a debt card that could not be used to purchase "more guns and ammunition".

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-gun-buybacks/

Well let see if my firearm had a fair market value of $400 they would give me $500. So, now I take the $500 debit card and use it to purchase my groceries, gasoline, and whatever I usually spend my income on. Now I have a $500 excess in my monthly income. I go down and by myself the same firearm at my friendly firearms dealer and use whats left over for some ammunition. Sounds like a plan to me. Aren't those Democrats smart and nice. They get one firearm off the street and improve my favorite firearm manufacture revenue. It's a win win, except for the taxpayers. But what the heck it's not all coming out of my pocket.

Wonder if the incidents of break-in's would go up?
    Too Much To Do Too Little Time

All they need to add is a "no questions asked" policy to this. That is, if the gun is stolen, or whatever, they give you the debt card for its value and you walk away...

That way criminals would have a new scam for themselves. Steal guns and ammo to turn them in for real money they can buy "stuff" with and best of all, they don't get in trouble for doing it unless caught in the act of the theft...

Comment

One of my guys is a gun dealer and gunsmith on the side. Whenever buy back programs rear heir heads he takes the clapped out receivers and burnt-out barrels he has lying about, slaps together a construct, and does the 'buyback'.

I've heard of guys who buy the evidence disposal weapons we deactivate and then sell as scrap, and turn those in.
      Last edited by Arnold J Rimmer; 18 Dec 15, 22:21.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by FTCS View Post
        Well, the title is a little misleading but somewhat true. It seems that Rep Donald Payne Jr (D-NJ) has introduced a national gun buyback program that would pay 25% more than the far market value of the firearm. The catch is the money would be in the form of a debt card that could not be used to purchase "more guns and ammunition".

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-gun-buybacks/

Well let see if my firearm had a fair market value of $400 they would give me $500. So, now I take the $500 debit card and use it to purchase my groceries, gasoline, and whatever I usually spend my income on. Now I have a $500 excess in my monthly income. I go down and by myself the same firearm at my friendly firearms dealer and use whats left over for some ammunition. Sounds like a plan to me. Aren't those Democrats smart and nice. They get one firearm off the street and improve my favorite firearm manufacture revenue. It's a win win, except for the taxpayers. But what the heck it's not all coming out of my pocket.

Wonder if the incidents of break-in's would go up?
        The Vatican pulled something similar when Protestants used the printing press to mass produce Bibles. The Protestants cranked out extra Bibles to turn over to the authorities and used the proceeds to finance their printing operations.

Suckers. It wouldn't take much to outwit this program.
        A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
          Suckers. It wouldn't take much to outwit this program.
          Most Democrats are out of their league against Pop Warner.......nevermind the JV
          Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
            Most Democrats are out of their league against Pop Warner.......nevermind the JV
            Well, the real problem is that Democrats think you can solve any problem with more government and more spending...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X