PC Police At It Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
    You're confusing MEMORIALIZING a person and forgetting history. SIlly arguement. I'm quite sure they'll not forget the Civil War. Quite important to the area.
    No it's not silly at all, in these cases lately it looks to me like it's "Out of Sight, Out of Mind".
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by At ease View Post
      Just for the record, I believe in the Creator God.

1. I believe that the world/universe/man was created in the timeframe and manner set out in the Book of Genesis, and have no problem accepting what was written.

2. I believe that denying history by removing monuments, outlawing flags etc, is wrong - regardless of the subject.

Dynamiting Auschwitz, for example, would not undo the Holocaust.

If you want to reduce the mental status of everyone who believes in the Creation to that of psychiatric institution inmates then go ahead.

But I am reasonably certain that my contributions to this forum over the last six years, inter alia, would suggest that people such as myself are capable of rational thought and expression.

Not everyone necessarily feels the need to go along with the tide of popular opinion.

Disagreement with what a lot of people here(and elsewhere) say, certainly.

Intellectually dishonest and/or intellectually deficient, certainly not.

Not in my case, anyway.
      I've gone from evolutionist to creationist to independent. Never could get into the evolutionists petulant whining over creationists even after becoming an equal opportunity skeptic. They're too full of themselves.
      Last edited by Pirateship1982; 19 Dec 15, 16:18.
      A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post

The Confederacy was the most colossal instance of mass-treason this nation has ever endured, and there were a lot of dummies that thought it was a good thing. They existed on the same land you and I walk around on today, and once in a while people need to be reminded of that.
        Maybe then, they will think of the cost, the destruction, and HOPEFULLY stop thinking of another Civil War as a reasonable thing to do, or at least stop taking it so lightly.
        Because, IMHO, we are close today, real close.

Are y'all seeing my point yet, or do I have to spell it out in Latin?
        And in an ironic twist, by your own posts, should another round of Civil War kick off, you'll be on the side of the Confederacy.....

After all, you're angry at the establishment for what you see as a destruction of traditions and the original form of governance as previously established before the current form of governance and its ancillaries.

Until the war decided the question, the question of Secession had never been tested or tried. There were two opinions, and until they were resolved, there was no 'ruling'. With no language Binding the Several States together In Perpetuity with NO POSSIBILITY of division, there was no Treason in Secession.

The Several States that formed the Confederacy felt that the United States no longer represented their interests, and indeed that it sought to impose what they felt to be tyranny upon them. Therefore they left. What difference is there between that, and those that today believe that the Progressive Leftists taking full control of the government could be cause to overthrow said government and replace it, because said government would be in violation of the Constitution and their interests?
        Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
          And in an ironic twist, by your own posts, should another round of Civil War kick off, you'll be on the side of the Confederacy.....

After all, you're angry at the establishment for what you see as a destruction of traditions and the original form of governance as previously established before the current form of governance and its ancillaries. ...
          Sure, but I am not advocating or even taking very seriously any current efforts to break away.
          I believe that Progressive policy will lead to the downfall and collapse of the US, and it will happen too swiftly for any secession movement to even organize itself to the point where it could function. A destabilized US will find itself under massive assault by invaders from every point on the compass, and the more Radical among us will be fighting for the continued existence of the nation, against foreign enemies and a massive 5th column within the US at the same time.
          We won't have the luxury of what you are talking about, only Alaska and Hawaii have anything near to what it would take, and they would be the first to be occupied, by Russia and China respectively.

And if I had been around in 1860, I would not have chosen the side who's points of disagreement with the rest of the US was a refusal to grow past slavery, and the upper-class's greater sympathy with the European aristocracy than with the Republic itself.
          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
            No, taking down a memorial to a single person is not denying they existed. That is NOT the function of a memorial. Otherwise we'd have to have a memorial for every of ANY historical interest at all.
            I think you may have hit on the exact problem: Its not one statue, or one street name. Efforts across the country to remove all statues, street names, and school names is polarizing. Many people feel empowered, but just as many people feel like their heritage and history is being erased. If we really wanted to effect change, we'd have some honest conversations.

I wish President Lincoln could some how chime in with his two cents. I can't think of an ACW figure more committed to preserving the Union than him.

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
              I think you may have hit on the exact problem: Its not one statue, or one street name. Efforts across the country to remove all statues, street names, and school names is polarizing. Many people feel empowered, but just as many people feel like their heritage and history is being erased. If we really wanted to effect change, we'd have some honest conversations.

I wish President Lincoln could some how chime in with his two cents. I can't think of an ACW figure more committed to preserving the Union than him.
              Welcome back, my long lost love.....
              Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                Welcome back, my long lost love.....
                Thanks for the warm welcome! Its good to be back!

Comment

Working...
                X