"A Charlie Brown Christmas" Censored

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "A Charlie Brown Christmas" Censored

Will there ever be an end to the lunacy of PC'ism and "minority rule"? ONE objection? From someone totally free to NOT ATTEND?!!

Where is the representation in America for those of faith? Where is their "freedom of religion", especially when they are the majority?

Are atheists and agnostics the only sane people left in America? Because WE DON"T CARE ABOUT THIS NONSENSE. I like Charlie Brown, as do millions and millions of other Americans, and I see no way presenting this causes some mystical harm to the fabric of our nation.

There are some days when this anti-Christmas nonsense is enough to make you deck somebody’s halls.
    The latest yuletide lunacy comes from Johnson County, Kentucky where the school district has censored an elementary school presentation of “A Charlie Brown Christmas.”
    The district also ordered other schools to remove all religious references from their upcoming Christmas productions.
    At one school, “Silent Night” was replaced with a Christmas version of the “Whip/Nae Nae” song.
    Yes, good readers — apparently that is a real thing.
    “How do you go from ‘Silent Night’ to the ‘Whip/Nae Nae,’” one distraught grandmother asked me. “We’re not at all happy about it.”
    Teachers at W.R. Castle Elementary School were directed to remove the moving scene where Linus shares the true meaning of Christmas by reading from the Gospel of Luke.
    Superintendent Tom Salyer confirmed to me that the entire passage was excised from the program after the district received a single complaint.
    “We’re not reading that, sir,” Salyer told me. “It disappoints men that we have to do this.”
    The superintendent, who said he is a church-going man, said he was simply following the advice of school district attorneys.
    He posted this message on the district’s website:
    “In accordance with federal laws, our programs will follow appropriate regulations. The U.S. Supreme Court and the 6th Circuit are very clear that public school staff may not endorse any religion when acting in their official capacities and during school activities. However, our district is fully committed to promote the spirit of giving and concern for our fellow citizens that help define the Christmas holiday. With core values such as service, integrity, leadership, and commitment, our staff and students will continue to proudly represent our district as recently demonstrated by our many student successes.”
    Allow me to cut through the bureaucratic malarky and interpret the superintendent’s message through the language of Charlie Brown:
    “WAH, WAH WAH, WAH, WAH WAH, WAH.
    http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/...?intcmp=hphz05

Sadly there are other joyless souls working away in other parts of the western world to take away the Christ from Christmas.
    War is less costly than servitude

Comment

While your statement is correct, it isn't relevant to this particle post, which concerns politics and political correctness and public fear of minorities in America.

How can America, a nation founded on the principle of majority rule, be terrified and dominated by small minorities, in this case a minority of one?

Comment

This is OK?
        http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/1...liday-concert/

The Regime's mandate from the Department of Education, there will be no mention of any religion, except for Islam, in the public schools.

It's being quietly implemented, one individual school district at a time.
        “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

I see a certain poster didn't read their own link. It's says nothing about what he's so fond of rambling on about. At least he's moved on from hoodrats...
          PS I know he has me on ignore but I just can't help pointing out his idiocies...

Comment

Two unforgiveable sins at once. First they replace Silent Night with a non Christmas song. Then they choose the nae nae song to be the replacement.

Burn them!
            A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
              This is OK?
              http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/1...liday-concert/

The Regime's mandate from the Department of Education, there will be no mention of any religion, except for Islam, in the public schools.

It's being quietly implemented, one individual school district at a time.
              Yes, it is, and its' - once again - rule by minority using extortionary tactics. Where are the Constitutional rights of all the pother 300 million Americans?

Where is the required proof that staging Charlie Brown's Christmas causes provable harm to anyone?

What happened to law and order in America?

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
                Two unforgiveable sins at once. First they replace Silent Night with a non Christmas song. Then they choose the nae nae song to be the replacement.

Burn them!
                Maybe the Christian citizens need to blockade the Baptist church this idiot belongs to. See how they like being pushed around.

We've not only lost our sanity, but our common sense as well.

Comment

Don't one dare mention Christ in the public school. But, this finally backfired at another, once the public found out, to the point that they have closed down the school today.

Media outlets report that a Riverheads High School teacher last week asked students to complete an assignment that included practicing calligraphy and writing a Muslim statement of faith. Students weren't asked to translate the statement or recite it.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...12-17-18-45-59
                  “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

How can America, a nation founded on the principle of majority rule, be terrified and dominated by small minorities, in this case a minority of one?
                    This is how: "...said he was simply following the advice of school district attorneys."

The US used be a country based on the "Rule of Law" but is now one of the "Tyranny of Lawyers."

The Superintendent needed to find his stones and stand up to the lawyers and the complainers; that is the only way this silliness will stop.
                    Blackcloud6

Refighting World War II - One hex at a time!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcloud6 View Post
                      This is how: "...said he was simply following the advice of school district attorneys."

The US used be a country based on the "Rule of Law" but is now one of the "Tyranny of Lawyers."

The Superintendent needed to find his stones and stand up to the lawyers and the complainers; that is the only way this silliness will stop.
                      I guess now we know what the phrase "Rule of Law" actually means.

Comment

Does the first amendment apply here?
                        “Someone who doesn’t know is less stupid than someone who wrongly think he knows."

Comment

A quick google search about schools and religious symbols turned this up from 5 years ago: http://www.khou.com/story/news/2014/07/11/11315088/

In this story the kid was wearing a necklace that looked like rosary beads and a cross, and it was confiscated and the kid was banned from wearing it. If a Muslim student wore a head dress, can't that be banned for the same reasons? I am not religious at all but fair is fair, and I don't understand the logic of prohibiting Christian symbols while allowing symbols of other religions to be worn without penalty.
                          If anything schools are more inclined to ban Christian or even American patriotic symbols than they were at that time. In fact here's another example from a couple of months ago: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2392168

I suspect that there's no way on earth any school administrator would even dream about applying the same standards to a Muslim or any other religion.

Comment

No I think the Jews are safe targets for them too. Only non-mainstream American cultures have to be "protected" by the PC types. If you're white, male, heterosexual, Christian or Jewish you're fair game.
                            "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

These people have no joy, no wonder they don't like christmas.
                              We hunt the hunters

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X