Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HMS Jr. View Post
    Lawyers suck...'til you need one.
    "Justice Is Blind", it's services and those that provide them aren't, and their eyesight improves when the commas and decimal points are in the right places.
    There's always the Public Defender's Office and The Pro Bono Lotto.
    Liars... err, lawyers, suck even when you need one. They want far too much in most cases for their services, which amount to filling out paperwork / forms for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
      Stupid augment if there has ever been one. Pure BS!
      Nope. It just illustrates the left's selective outrage.

How many motor vehicles are in the US? How many guns in the US?
      Per capita is probably close to being equal.

How many deaths were caused by accident?
      Funny that. You are more likely to die in a car accident than by accidental or purposeful discharge of a firearm.

Cars are just that much more dangerous.
      A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        Liars... err, lawyers, suck even when you need one. They want far too much in most cases for their services, which amount to filling out paperwork / forms for the most part.
        "Rank, doth hath it's privileges".

The alternative is representing yourself, or not requiring representation at all. Best bet, and less expensive.

Stay healthy, too. If you think lawyers are expensive, try out the more esoteric of medical specializations, hospital fees, etc.

Life ain't cheap. If you want it cheaper, try living on an Indian Reservation and go with tribal counsels and medicine men.
        Youthful Exuberance Is No Match For Old Age And Treachery.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
          But the difference between winning and losing is in the details.

I've seen good and bad attorneys in action, and the difference is akin to night and day.

Much as it galls me to have to admit it, but the last line of defense for civil liberties in this country are trial lawyers.

When you see the awesome might of the State leveled at one man (and it can truly be an awesome force), and all that stands between him and disaster is a lawyer.

Casey Anthony is a prime point: one young, green attorney went to the wall for her, and while I'm confident she was guilty, he saw that she got a fair trial.

It much like surgeons. The best make the most, and if you're smart you don't pinch pennies when your life is on the line. You can use a Sears shyster if you're in a spat with your neighbor over property lines, but if you're looking at prison, better to be bankrupt and free than heading into the showers at Huntsville on a Saturday night.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
            But the difference between winning and losing is in the details.

I've seen good and bad attorneys in action, and the difference is akin to night and day.

Much as it galls me to have to admit it, but the last line of defense for civil liberties in this country are trial lawyers.

When you see the awesome might of the State leveled at one man (and it can truly be an awesome force), and all that stands between him and disaster is a lawyer.

Casey Anthony is a prime point: one young, green attorney went to the wall for her, and while I'm confident she was guilty, he saw that she got a fair trial.

It much like surgeons. The best make the most, and if you're smart you don't pinch pennies when your life is on the line. You can use a Sears shyster if you're in a spat with your neighbor over property lines, but if you're looking at prison, better to be bankrupt and free than heading into the showers at Huntsville on a Saturday night.
            Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Working...
            X