No announcement yet.

Afflunza kid back in trouble.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why haven't the vampires, err Lawyers sucked every dollar out of the parents? If I was a ambulance chaser I'd be all over this case...

A minor drunk driving a car bought by his parents...

Why the parents weren't charged with neglect is a mystery to me as well...
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
      Why haven't the vampires, err Lawyers sucked every dollar out of the parents? If I was a ambulance chaser I'd be all over this case...

A minor drunk driving a car bought by his parents...

Why the parents weren't charged with neglect is a mystery to me as well...
      There's no neglect. The kid had a class C license. He doesn't have to own the car to drive it, so long as he is covered by insurance or bond.

As to legal fees, they won the case when they barred the motion to try him as an adult. Texas' juvie courts are very weak.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
        It's like that here also.
        My question is, what is a adult crime? I'm 65 years old, I have never committed murder or rape or drug violations. Apparently I'm a juvenile.
        I see a 15 year old kid commit a murder and the argument is he committed an adult crime he should be charged as an adult.
        So what is a juvenile crime? Do crimes indicate maturity?
        I think it's simple, you are either 18 or your ain't.
        But that's just me, I get it that a juvenile would be released earlier, maybe that needs to change.
        Actually in Texas its 17.

Generally it has to do with the severity of the crime. A prime example that comes to mind is the 15 year old that beat his infant half-sister to death with a hammer. The idea is that sort of kid could not be effectively and safely contained within a juvie facility.

Repeat offenders for heavy felonies work likewise.

You've got a growing number of highly violent teens who are seriously challenging the system.
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
          There's no neglect. The kid had a class C license. He doesn't have to own the car to drive it, so long as he is covered by insurance or bond.

As to legal fees, they won the case when they barred the motion to try him as an adult. Texas' juvie courts are very weak.
          I'm one of those people covered by a bond. It's saved me quite a bit of money. I'm still responsible for the damage that I cause or get. I'm a slow paranoid driver because of that...

There's a shite load of deer that want to leap into my windshield out here... So I go low and slow.

I insured my kid because kids are stupid. They just make bad decisions because they don't have the experience to make good ones...

But back to the subject a 15 year old with access to booze and driving while drunk is not good parenting. If I was on a jury I'd hit the parents with the maximum penalties that I could get...

That kid killed four people.
          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

I'm one of those people covered by a bond. It's saved me quite a bit of money. I'm still responsible for the damage that I cause or get. I'm a slow paranoid driver because of that...

There's a shite load of deer that want to leap into my windshield out here... So I go low and slow.

I insured my kid because kids are stupid. They just make bad decisions because they don't have the experience to make good ones...

But back to the subject a 15 year old with access to booze and driving while drunk is not good parenting. If I was on a jury I'd hit the parents with the maximum penalties that I could get...

To be able to charge the parents the prosecutor would have to establish that they provided him with the alcohol without supervision on the night in question, which was not the case in this situation.

As far as the car, he was a legal driver. No issues there.

Bad parents, yes. Criminally liable, no.

Comment

15 isn't a age that can drive. Maybe in texas, but not out here.

Can't even get a permit at that age. You guys are seriously f'd up if you let children drive at that age....

We allow a learners permit at 16 that allow driving with a adult out here...

I was thinking about moving out there but you guys are flipping insane...
              Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

15 isn't a age that can drive. Maybe in texas, but not out here.

Can't even get a permit at that age. You guys are seriously f'd up if you let children drive at that age....

We allow a learners permit at 16 that allow driving with a adult out here...

I was thinking about moving out there but you guys are flipping insane...
                He was 16 at the time of the incident, and you can get a full DL at 16, which he had. Drinking as drunk as he was, his age was pretty immaterial.

Every state has different standards.

Comment

Someone who killed 4 people should get 400 lashes and 40 years of prison .

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                    Someone who killed 4 people should get 400 lashes and 40 years of prison .
                    I opt for "shot" but that works too. Drunk driving is a crime that warrants no mercy. It is a premeditated act that kills thousands of people and can be scientifically determined beyond all shadow of doubt. Therefore the maximum example should be made of them. Run the blood alcohol level. Double check. If drunk, line up against a wall and shoot.
                    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Drivers kill more people than guns. That's a fact.

Motor vehicle traffic deaths

• Number of deaths: 33,804
                      • Deaths per 100,000 population: 10.7

All firearm deaths

• Number of deaths: 33,636
                      • Deaths per 100,000 population: 10.6

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/injury.htm

Now that some of the shootings are justified should skew the tally even more...

Just saying...
                      Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

All firearm deaths

Just saying...
                        Life is terminal, always has been, always will be.
                        Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                        Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                          He was 16 at the time of the incident, and you can get a full DL at 16, which he had. Drinking as drunk as he was, his age was pretty immaterial.

Every state has different standards.
                          No probational conditions for minors in Texas?
                          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

All firearm deaths

Just saying...
                            Stupid augment if there has ever been one. Pure BS!

How many motor vehicles are in the US? How many guns in the US?

How many deaths were caused by accident? Whistle that one
                            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                              No probational conditions for minors in Texas?
                              Yeah, until they're 18 there are a raft of conditions, and they are easy to suspend.

And just being arrested for DWI puts anyone's DL on probation, with a mandatory suspension if they are found guilty.

Comment

Lawyers suck...'til you need one.
                                "Justice Is Blind", it's services and those that provide them aren't, and their eyesight improves when the commas and decimal points are in the right places.
                                There's always the Public Defender's Office and The Pro Bono Lotto.
                                Youthful Exuberance Is No Match For Old Age And Treachery.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X