Let's Start a New Protocol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Start a New Protocol

How about if we just discuss what someone has posted in a political thread. If someone posts about an "R" screwing up, let's not answer with a story about the opposite "D" messing up, and vice versa. If you want to talk about the opponent, start another thread. There's plenty of hijinks and stupidity being bandied about by both sides.

So, what you want is no comparisons, no contrasts, no historical content... Just a discussion of the current subject limited to that subject as being reported?

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
      How about if we just discuss what someone has posted in a political thread. If someone posts about an "R" screwing up, let's not answer with a story about the opposite "D" messing up, and vice versa. If you want to talk about the opponent, start another thread. There's plenty of hijinks and stupidity being bandied about by both sides.
      If you eliminate red herrings and strawmen... a lot of people will be cut out of most political threads.
      Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Nope. Everyone knows what both sides do. It's not a secret. I just don't understand why people get so defensive about "their" party.

Comment

Nope. Everyone knows what both sides do. It's not a secret. I just don't understand why people get so defensive about "their" party.
          Half the people on the right and 99.9% of those on the left can't argue without red herrings and strawmen...
          Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

I don't have a party. Haven't for over 30 years too.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
              Half the people on the right and 99.9% of those on the left can't argue without red herrings and strawmen...
              Which makes it a cliche'.
              I thought those were supposed to die out, on account of them becoming boring and....

.... yeah, come to hink of it, I really am bored with this Political stuff.

Later!

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                I don't have a party. Haven't for over 30 years too.
                Doesn't have to be D vs R. It also means lib vs con and everyone here knows which way you lean.

Comment

Agreed. We are Americans, lets act like it! We are a great people who believe in helping the poor, being kind toward others, destroying ISIL, enjoying a football game.

The French, Russians, Germans, Saudis, Turks, Brits...would say the same^

If there is a thread about a democrat, talk about the democrat...dont use personal insults toward someone just because you dont like the thread topic. I was personally insulted by a tiny # of posters for merely starting a thread about a Jewish man who posed as an ISIL member.

Its counterproductive to complain about the Republicans in a thread about a democrat. Its counterproductive to complain about the democrats in a thread about a Republican. That being said I think its safe to say that Most ACG posters are totally cool people who are able to post in a thread w/o using unnecessary personal insults toward other posters.

Comment

Excellent idea.

Comment

Doesn't have to be D vs R. It also means lib vs con and everyone here knows which way you lean.
                      I lean hard against Progressive Leftists. That doesn't make me a Conservative however.

Comment

But how do you feel about the actual thread, and not your personal feelings?

THIS, TAG, is one of the major reasons newbies avoid posting, and you're doing it. Maybe you ought to buzz on over to the Five Star forum and rethink your position a little bit, hmmm?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          But how do you feel about the actual thread, and not your personal feelings?

THIS, TAG, is one of the major reasons newbies avoid posting, and you're doing it. Maybe you ought to buzz on over to the Five Star forum and rethink your position a little bit, hmmm?
                          I did respond to the thread early on.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X