Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carpet bomb ISIS and kill their families?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
    Oh BS. More of the "blame the victims" lefitst garbage.

    These people created their own situation, it was a hell-hole of inhumanity before "we" were there, and it's the same now. And it will be in the future unless they solve their problems.
    Exactly.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
      Oh BS. More of the "blame the victims" lefitst garbage.

      These people created their own situation, it was a hell-hole of inhumanity before "we" were there, and it's the same now. And it will be in the future unless they solve their problems.
      It's not a matter of blaming anyone. If our goal is to win this war against radical Islam and terror organizations then it is an important fact we must keep in mind. I'm not saying that our actions should radicalize anyone. I never said that the radicalization was justified either. The reality is, the more innocent lives that are taken the more radicals we'll see. Thus, the tougher and longer the war becomes. Right or wrong, that's the truth and when conducting a war we must operate within the realms of reality.

      So it's not a matter of blaming anyone, it's about proposing the best and most efficient solutions to winning this war convincingly and as quickly as possible. Carpet bombing would do just the opposite.

      I'm also not a leftist.
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
      - Benjamin Franklin

      The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
        No. Gibson asked her what experience she gained from living next to Russia. She didn't cite anything. She just answered a question. All things considered, Gibson came closer to saying her proximity to Russia enhanced her foreign experience than she did. He asked a question that came with the assumption that she learned something and invited her to share what.

        Believing a myth even after it has been disproved is a common occurrence. Social scientists find examples of people having their assumptions disproved and believing them harder. So your recalcitrance is not unheard of. But it puts you in the same category as anti vaxxers. Nuttery.

        Referring to her proximity to Russia: "Explain to me why that enhances your foreign policy credentials"

        "Well it certainly does..."

        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk8moOxzlGQ

        If she doesn't feel that it enhances her credentials then she certainly wouldn't have defended her initial statement with an emphatic, "it certainly does" and then attempt to explain why it does. To people that speak English she clearly indicates that her location has enhanced her foreign policy credentials, but to you I guess not, so take from that whatever you like.

        You can attach whatever sociology terms you want, just bear in mind that the most powerful manipulator of the human psyche is bias. To which I have none towards either party. I have no obligation to mindlessly defend any rep or dem unlike you.
        Last edited by TactiKill J.; 16 Dec 15, 20:29.
        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
        - Benjamin Franklin

        The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
          So it's not a matter of blaming anyone, it's about proposing the best and most efficient solutions to winning this war convincingly and as quickly as possible. Carpet bombing would do just the opposite.
          Whereas I think this administration is assbackwards when it comes to this. In fact, I'd postulate that in the last 30 or so years not just the US but the West in general has really forgotten how to actually fight wars and win "the peace."

          You don't win by coddling your enemy. Being hard on them with mass bombardment, a demonstrated willingness to be ruthless and vicious goes far further to ending things once and for all in a conflict compared to just doing enough to gain a negotiated and temporary peace.

          It is the West's unwillingness to take casualties, unwillingness to create collateral damage, and in general coddle their enemies that causes much of the endless conflict now plaguing the world.

          There is today a large segment of the population in the West that simply wants to be comfortable and unbothered by this sort of thing. They are unwilling to do more than the absolute minimum to keep a lid on this sort of conflict. Obama is clearly one of them.

          The result has been more conflict, not less. More warfare, more revolution, more terrorism, and in general a growing problem for everyone as a result.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            Whereas I think this administration is assbackwards when it comes to this. In fact, I'd postulate that in the last 30 or so years not just the US but the West in general has really forgotten how to actually fight wars and win "the peace."

            You don't win by coddling your enemy. Being hard on them with mass bombardment, a demonstrated willingness to be ruthless and vicious goes far further to ending things once and for all in a conflict compared to just doing enough to gain a negotiated and temporary peace.

            It is the West's unwillingness to take casualties, unwillingness to create collateral damage, and in general coddle their enemies that causes much of the endless conflict now plaguing the world.

            There is today a large segment of the population in the West that simply wants to be comfortable and unbothered by this sort of thing. They are unwilling to do more than the absolute minimum to keep a lid on this sort of conflict. Obama is clearly one of them.

            The result has been more conflict, not less. More warfare, more revolution, more terrorism, and in general a growing problem for everyone as a result.
            I'm in total agreement. You keep the peace by your enemies KNOWING that to pick a fight will lead to their utter devastation. They don't fear us nor have any respect for our military. Why? Because of limp wristed liberal politicians who've got the idea of 'smart power'. You know what really works???
            Credo quia absurdum.


            Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

            Comment


            • #66
              The only way that ISIS can permanently be destroyed is through direct penetration of ground forces combined with more intense air strikes. So far the Arab states have proven to be too weak/unwilling to do so and the local militias are not large enough. So once again it's our problem.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
                Seen from my place ,these guys are the worst ambassadors of the USA I have ever seen.
                Seen from the ME,they are the best sales reps for isis.
                I wish you the best of luck with these looneys .
                And I am in no way a Obama supporter .
                When will you get a real politician with a vision for your country and not a bunch of guys reacting like ados typing twitters ?
                You don't "get it", do you?

                There are no "real politicians" in today's USA. Only media and crowd pleasers.

                Then, when all is settled in and the voting is over..... it all goes back to the buck.

                The sad part of all this is the fact that I have to settle for either the Wicked Witch of the East or Name your own poisonous Republican Nominee. God help us all!!!!

                GG
                "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

                "Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                  . France isn't carpet bombing anyone as far as I know.
                  But we'd like to !!!!!
                  Sadly not enough bombs here
                  That rug really tied the room together

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                    The reality is, the more innocent lives that are taken the more radicals we'll see.

                    Nonsense : Every day ISIS is murdering innocent people in the ME, and this does not cause any negative reaction from the average Muslim,it does not create more radicals .

                    Your knowledge of the ME is limited to what you see on the Obama Broadcasting Corporation (also known as CNN) : human live has not the same value in the ME as in the US .

                    Muslims respect only force ,they have only contempt for those who are afraid to fight .

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by BobTheBarbarian View Post
                      The only way that ISIS can permanently be destroyed is through direct penetration of ground forces combined with more intense air strikes. So far the Arab states have proven to be too weak/unwilling to do so and the local militias are not large enough. So once again it's our problem.
                      I would have agreed, until Russia showed up. It's a slow process, but they have tipped the balance, for now anyway.
                      Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
                        Honestly the only thing immoral about carpet bombing is that it wastes ammunition. It was a tactic made before guided munitions. You can kill more ISIS for less with LGBs.
                        And even more with less restrictive ROE. To some however, less restrictive ROE means carpet bombing.

                        The Russians have no choice but to use unguided munitions. They simply don't have the inventory we do. Actually, we're doing a pretty good job of depleting our inventory as well, with little gain to show for it.
                        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

                        BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

                        BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                          And even more with less restrictive ROE. To some however, less restrictive ROE means carpet bombing.

                          The Russians have no choice but to use unguided munitions. They simply don't have the inventory we do. Actually, we're doing a pretty good job of depleting our inventory as well, with little gain to show for it.
                          I'm sure they have mastered the art of laser guided bombing by now ? It's not exactly new is it ?

                          Edit, just did a quick search:

                          https://www.rt.com/news/317662-russi...t-bombs-syria/
                          High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
                          Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                            This isn't WW2. We're not at war with a country, this is a different problem that requires different tools to solve. A sentiment constantly echoed by our generals, but I guess you know better because you're an awesome poster on a history forum.
                            Which generals, Pentagon yes men?

                            Which generals actually believe bombing empty hills and unoccupied buildings is good policy? Which generals feel that depleting ordnance stocks and wasting airframe hours for little gain is good policy?
                            ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

                            BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

                            BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                              I'm sure they have mastered the art of laser guided bombing by now ? It's not exactly new is it ?

                              Edit, just did a quick search:

                              https://www.rt.com/news/317662-russi...t-bombs-syria/
                              Of course they have. They just don't have the quantity necessary. As such, they are using unguided munitions. Sort of like the US during Desert Storm.

                              http://www.strategypage.com/%5Chtmw%5Chtcbtsp%5Carticles%5C20151117.aspx
                              ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

                              BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

                              BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                                Of course they have. They just don't have the quantity necessary. As such, they are using unguided munitions. Sort of like the US during Desert Storm.

                                http://www.strategypage.com/%5Chtmw%5Chtcbtsp%5Carticles%5C20151117.aspx
                                Ah - didn't know there was a supply problem in guided ammunition, seems strange,

                                thanks.
                                High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
                                Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X