Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carpet bomb ISIS and kill their families?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
    Again our political leaders fail to heed the lessons of history. Britain was well on its way to being defeated during the Battle of Britain, until the Luftwaffe switched from military targets to dropping bombs on cities. This gave the RAF a chance to recuperate its strength and ultimately served to stiffen British resolve.
    We're not talking about terror bombing and intentionally targeting civilians for its own sake. What we're talking about is going after IS targets relentlessly no matter what might be located near them. That would hardly give IS a chance to regeoup. If you want to use the WWII comparison it's more accurate to compare it to Allied area bombing of militarily valuable regions. A big part of it is the embarrassingly low sortie rate were running too. Desert Storm's air campaign averaged more than 1,000 sorties a day. The current campaign averages about 6. All we nees is a real air campain thats not handicapped by IS's use of human shields and isn't a feel good sham.

Speaking of human shields if you stop letting them affect you in the short run the enemy will stop using them in the long run. If they don't stop attacks they have no value and only serve to alienate the locals who are being used as shields. Thus IS stops the practice or loses support for no gain.
    "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
      Wow....
      In the other thread, you accuse anyone opposed to mass immigration of undocumented and unverifiable muslims (even temporarily) of being white supremacists.
      I didn't. But at this point you don't even understand your own side anymore.

What was said is that a ban on all Muslims, temporary or not, is bigoted. Everything is not black and white which is what you people fail to understand. I'm not in favor of mass immigration of undocumented Muslims either, or anyone for that matter. I would like to see stricter checks of anyone coming from Syria. However, that does not require a complete ban of all Muslims to accomplish that.

Now you say that anyone that drops bombs in a place that the muslims themselves turned into a WAR ZONE is every bit as bad as.... the muslims?
      We played a large part in turning Syria into a war zone. Carpet bombing in Syria will kill innocents in mass. Muslims kill innocents for their cause, if we turn around and do the same for ours, there's no difference. Both are unacceptable. Again, it's not even the right solution to winning the war. All it will accomplish is ensuring that we're in an endless war as more Muslims become radicalized due to our recklessness.

I thought you said that those were the good guys.
      Or at least, better than white people. They are all innocent, after all.
      You're trying to extrapolate from context that you're failing to comprehend.

It doesn't matter if that's the intention, that's the message you are putting out.
      And its funny, but don't you have anything to say about what Putin & the Russians, or even the French, are doing there right now?
      Do you even know what Russia is doing over there? Their main goal is to keep Assad in power. France isn't carpet bombing anyone as far as I know.
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipLaos View Post
        Carpet bomb ISIS (Ted Cruz), kill their families (Donald Trump).

From tonight's debate and before.

Those are currently the top two Republican candidates for U.S. president. Could it come to that? Would the U.S. generals go along with it if so ordered?

Would not be the first time in modern history. Churchill had little problem with it.

Philip
        Honestly, the only thing ISIS understands is force. Want to stop them? Put the boots on the ground. Take away their control of occupied territories.

ISIS and other terrorist organizations will never go away completely, but we can try to deny them access to resources. The only way in my opinion to accomplish that is by going into Middle East and stay there for good.
        Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
          This is totally wrong : from the first day on of the BoB,the LW was losing .
          Shhhh! What do you think this is, a history forum?
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
            1) Irrelevant : enemy civilians can not claim immunity

2)Irrelevant : We ARE better than them :in WWII bombing killed thousands of enemy civilians,and we were still better than the enemy .

3)Wrong : carpet bombing did help our war efforts in WWII,there is no reason why it would not do it today .

Carpet bombing has not as mission to make us better than the enemy,it has as mission to help our war effort .
            I don't know where this we keeps coming from. But, so many American generals disagree with you. What do you know that they don't?
            "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
            - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
              Please. Post the names of all those tried and what they were held for.
              I gave examples, if you want a full list, look it up yourself. I'm not your secretary.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                I gave examples, if you want a full list, look it up yourself. I'm not your secretary.
                Actually you didn't give a single example to the question that was asked.
                - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                  I said Syria, you haven't given me a single name of a person arrested in Syria. The Obama administration has killed more high ranking terror leaders than Bush has. There will always be POW's, which is no different than any other war throughout our history. However, they are more significant here, given the intelligence they can bring.
                  You are simply making a fallacy of division out of an accent fallacy. That is, you limit the argument to Syria. Syria isn't the whole story nor does it show how the administration has acted for nearly 7 years now. I expanded my argument to cover activities over that entire period to show a pattern of behavior.

As for "killing more high ranking terror leaders" we'll have to take the administration's word on that since most of those were done by air strikes without on the ground confirmation. I take anything this administration claims with a bag of salt.

Comment

I didn't. But at this point you don't even understand your own side anymore.
                    Incorrect.
                    I am refusing to accept your highly prejudiced and ludicrous definition of myself and all of those people that happen to be on my side.

What was said is that a ban on all Muslims, temporary or not, is bigoted. Everything is not black and white which is what you people fail to understand. I'm not in favor of mass immigration of undocumented Muslims either, or anyone for that matter. I would like to see stricter checks of anyone coming from Syria. However, that does not require a complete ban of all Muslims to accomplish that.
                    Yes, it does, and its not bigoted.
                    The couple that were responsible for the San Bernadino massacre were both vetted in much more serious ways with better background material than what is available for anyone coming from war-torn Syria.

WHY is it so much more important to you to make Muslims feel nicer about us (as if that was a worthy goal) than it is to keep Americans from being slaughtered by fanatical madmen?

We played a large part in turning Syria into a war zone...
                    Stop right there.
                    I didn't do anything to make Syria what it is today.
                    Why should I, as an innocent, be subjected to terrorism because of the actions of my political leadership?
                    Heh heh, how's that for a flip?

And in fact, I was one of the many who stood against Obama's insane push to place US ground forces in direct involvement is overthrowing Assad the year before last.

Were you?

You're trying to extrapolate from context that you're failing to comprehend.
                    Yeah, and I did it deliberately.
                    How's your reflection look now, hmmm?

Do you even know what Russia is doing over there? Their main goal is to keep Assad in power. France isn't carpet bombing anyone as far as I know.
                    THen who is?
                    Are you saying the whole OP is a false premise?
                    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

What was said is that a ban on all Muslims, temporary or not, is bigoted. Everything is not black and white which is what you people fail to understand.

You people? What do you mean by "you people"? That's a pretty bigoted statement from someone preaching about bigotry.

We played a large part in turning Syria into a war zone. Carpet bombing in Syria will kill innocents in mass. Muslims kill innocents for their cause, if we turn around and do the same for ours, there's no difference. Both are unacceptable.
                      Apparently you don't realize the difference between targeting civilians and collateral damage.

All it will accomplish is ensuring that we're in an endless war as more Muslims become radicalized due to our recklessness.

All we need to accomplish that is a cartoon.
                      ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

wtf are you talking about?

Just noticed your other post. Palin citing her proximity to Russia enhancing her foreign experience is a fact.
                        No. Gibson asked her what experience she gained from living next to Russia. She didn't cite anything. She just answered a question. All things considered, Gibson came closer to saying her proximity to Russia enhanced her foreign experience than she did. He asked a question that came with the assumption that she learned something and invited her to share what.

Believing a myth even after it has been disproved is a common occurrence. Social scientists find examples of people having their assumptions disproved and believing them harder. So your recalcitrance is not unheard of. But it puts you in the same category as anti vaxxers. Nuttery.
                        A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                          Apparently you don't realize the difference between targeting civilians and collateral damage.
                          I didn't say we would target civilians and I obviously understand the intent. However, it still leads to the same end result regardless, too many innocent lives lost.

You're ok with that. I'm not. Our generals are not. Nothing more really needs to be said about any of this.
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I didn't say we would target civilians and I obviously understand the intent. However, it still leads to the same end result regardless, too many innocent lives lost.

You're ok with that. I'm not. Our generals are not. Nothing more really needs to be said about any of this.
                            Honestly the only thing immoral about carpet bombing is that it wastes ammunition. It was a tactic made before guided munitions. You can kill more ISIS for less with LGBs.
                            A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

If I was the guy in charge I'd use chemical EMP bombs and shut down their infrastructure. No cars, no trucks, no internet, ect. Return them the 14th century. Repeat as necessary...

For details read this.

http://www.fas.org/sgp/othergov/doe/...s/00326620.pdf
                              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

All it will accomplish is ensuring that we're in an endless war as more Muslims become radicalized due to our recklessness.
                                Oh BS. More of the "blame the victims" lefitst garbage.

These people created their own situation, it was a hell-hole of inhumanity before "we" were there, and it's the same now. And it will be in the future unless they solve their problems.
                                The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X