Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carpet bomb ISIS and kill their families?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
    Where exactly did I use the term 'violent savages'?

Less teen angst, more reading comprehension.
    I never said you did say that. Understand that forum discussions are not one on one conversations. So if you were doing more reading yourself you'd understand that the term 'violent' is being thrown around a lot towards Muslims. To which I feel it fair to point out for anyone that feels that way, your mentality which is shared by a lot, is no better than theirs. Your post was merely an example to display the hypocrisy that's often seen here. How can we label all Muslims as violent, when so many Americans are willing to carpet bomb and kill innocent Muslims.

Anyway, that's enough arguing over semantics and avoiding the true issue. I'm not here to break down every post to lower reading levels.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
      I never said you did say that. Understand that forum discussions are not one on one conversations. So if you were doing more reading yourself you'd understand that the term 'violent' is being thrown around a lot towards Muslims. To which I feel it fair to point out for anyone that feels that way, your mentality which is shared by a lot, is no better than theirs. Your post was merely an example to display the hypocrisy that's often seen here. How can we label all Muslims as violent, when so many Americans are willing to carpet bomb and kill innocent Muslims.

Anyway, that's enough arguing over semantics and avoiding the true issue. I'm not here to break down every post to lower reading levels.
      Wow....
      In the other thread, you accuse anyone opposed to mass immigration of undocumented and unverifiable muslims (even temporarily) of being white supremacists.
      Now you say that anyone that drops bombs in a place that the muslims themselves turned into a WAR ZONE is every bit as bad as.... the muslims?
      I thought you said that those were the good guys.
      Or at least, better than white people. They are all innocent, after all.

It doesn't matter if that's the intention, that's the message you are putting out.
      And its funny, but don't you have anything to say about what Putin & the Russians, or even the French, are doing there right now?
      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

You quoted me. I realize that you don't post here much (thankfully), but to help you with the basics, if you quote someone and make a statement, that statement is aimed at the quote.

I understand you're embarrassed to get caught on such a simple and biased error, but its the only way you will learn.

This is a history forum, as you may or not understand, and my post pointed out that the USA has always accepted collateral damage as part of its combat operations.

Please read all posts carefully in the future and think before you post. Hopefully this will help you gain some actual understanding of what is being discussed, and may in time lead to your becoming a useful member of this forum.

In the meantime I'll put you on Ignore, because I do not bother myself with the opinions of the young or the hysterical.
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

And they're the violent savages? You're no better than they are.
          I don't see AJR cutting off people's heads for refusing to worship his God. Also the basis of war is using violence against others to prevent violence against you and your own. When they behead people, burn them alive, shoot up civilians and fly planes into buildings then of xourse were going to kill as many.of them as we can and wed be totally justified in doing so. Just as we were justified in burning cities in WWII or did that make us no better than the people responsible for the Holocaust and Nanking in your mind? Try to see past your dangerous moral equivalency to the context of how and why things happen. You might see the world in a more accurate light.
          "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Libs definitely aren't perfect either, far from it. But, why have the Republicans made it cool to be dumb? It honestly reminds me of how being smart in urban culture is seen as a bad thing. Are republicans the rappers of politics? Play dumb and promote violence? Kill em all if someone pisses you off. Constant tough talk. Lot of parallels.

Why do republicans frown upon candidates that are smarter than they are? I'll never forget the classic phrase that was thrown around a lot during the Bush era. He's a good candidate because "he's someone you could have a beer with." Applying that type of mentality to voting is a huge issue.

While I don't agree with or support Obama, nor do I support anyone on the Democratic ticket. I can at least respect that they're pushing some intellectual candidates. Whereas with republicans the preference tends to lean towards less intellectual and more "ordinary". I mean we went from a woman who thought she was qualified for VP because she could "see Russia from her house" to someone that wants to ban all Muslims. It's ridiculous.
            Careful. It's difficult to bash Republicans for being dumb when you were gullible enough to fall for the "I can see Russia from my house" myth.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/palin/russia.asp
            A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Also much less dangous than people who think they're geniuses but have a highly flawed view of the world. Second degree ignorance, when youre too ignorant to know you're ignorant. Obama being the most popular current example.
              "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

How can we label all Muslims as violent, when so many Americans are willing to carpet bomb and kill innocent Muslims.
                A couple of things you don't understand.

1. No one said all Muslims are violent.

2. Even if we do carpet bomb innocent Muslims, that does nothing to affect the truth of whether or not there are violent Muslims. We can label violent Muslims as violent because it's true. It stays true even if we fight that violence with violence.

A person who just revealed their belief that Saturday Night Live is a credible news source probably shouldn't be acting this arrogant.
                A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipLaos View Post
                  Carpet bomb ISIS (Ted Cruz), kill their families (Donald Trump).

From tonight's debate and before.

Those are currently the top two Republican candidates for U.S. president. Could it come to that? Would the U.S. generals go along with it if so ordered?

Would not be the first time in modern history. Churchill had little problem with it.

Philip
                  Again our political leaders fail to heed the lessons of history. Britain was well on its way to being defeated during the Battle of Britain, until the Luftwaffe switched from military targets to dropping bombs on cities. This gave the RAF a chance to recuperate its strength and ultimately served to stiffen British resolve. George Santayana (16 December 1863 in Madrid, Spain 26 September 1952 in Rome, Italy) was a philosopher, essayist, poet and novelist famously stated:

Progress, far from consisting in change, depends on retentiveness. When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
                  Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
                  Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
                    Again our political leaders fail to heed the lessons of history. Britain was well on its way to being defeated during the Battle of Britain, until the Luftwaffe switched from military targets to dropping bombs on cities. This gave the RAF a chance to recuperate its strength and ultimately served to stiffen British resolve. George Santayana (16 December 1863 in Madrid, Spain 26 September 1952 in Rome, Italy) was a philosopher, essayist, poet and novelist famously stated:
                    Well, we'll have to see how effective the ISIS aircraft production rates get to.

Or perhaps you are confusing strategic bombing with tactical air support...

You don't beat ISIS by reprisal bombing, but you can dry up the sea of support.
                    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Carpet bomb ISIS (Ted Cruz), kill their families (Donald Trump).

From tonight's debate and before.

Those are currently the top two Republican candidates for U.S. president. Could it come to that? Would the U.S. generals go along with it if so ordered?

Would not be the first time in modern history. Churchill had little problem with it.

Philip
                      Churchill, Stalin and FDR were men who did work together to destroy evil.

Churchill did not say bomb their families though, did he? Heck I doubt that even Joe Stalin said kill their familes( Stalin said some things that I suppose I might not like but you know what, he was Uncle Joe!) Churchill, Stalin, FDR and other allied leaders were honorable men who stood up to the slime that the Third Reich was. Today, David Cameron, Abdullah II of Jordan, Barack Obama, and Vladimir Putin are in their ways standing up to the slime that ISIL is. We could see some more unity irt the fight against ISIL but at least there is some unity. No we dont need to use terms like kill their familes, thats an ugly thing to say. What you do is you send in a bunch of tanks and jets to destroy ISIL...its warfare for you. Hardly anyone will complain when ISIL gets defeated, so lets not make a big deal out of something that doesnt really exist.

Remember we are talking about ISIL here, talking about ISIL not the Germans, not Japanese, not the Americans...its ISIL.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                        You quoted me. I realize that you don't post here much (thankfully), but to help you with the basics, if you quote someone and make a statement, that statement is aimed at the quote.

I understand you're embarrassed to get caught on such a simple and biased error, but its the only way you will learn.

This is a history forum, as you may or not understand, and my post pointed out that the USA has always accepted collateral damage as part of its combat operations.

Please read all posts carefully in the future and think before you post. Hopefully this will help you gain some actual understanding of what is being discussed, and may in time lead to your becoming a useful member of this forum.

In the meantime I'll put you on Ignore, because I do not bother myself with the opinions of the young or the hysterical.
                        Doesn't matter who I quote, this is still a group discussion. Anyway I'm not going to act like a teenage school girl and argue over something irrelevant in an attempt to look cool and pompous on the internet. Either way, the point remains, carpet bombing is a violent act that will kill thousands of civilians. Making us no better than they are. More importantly, it won't help our war efforts.

This isn't WW2. We're not at war with a country, this is a different problem that requires different tools to solve. A sentiment constantly echoed by our generals, but I guess you know better because you're an awesome poster on a history forum.

Go start a few businesses before calling me young and dumb.
                        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post

A person who just revealed their belief that Saturday Night Live is a credible news source probably shouldn't be acting this arrogant.
                          wtf are you talking about?

Just noticed your other post. Palin citing her proximity to Russia enhancing her foreign experience is a fact.
                          Last edited by TactiKill J.; 16 Dec 15, 13:57.
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

The reason precision airstrikes cannot surgically remove ISIS from large cities like Raqaa and Mosul is because ISIS fighters/members are mixed in with the civilian population.

If a future President Cruz or President Trump were to order the carpet bombing and total destruction of those cities without regard to massive civilian deaths, that would certainly be declared a war crime.

If such an order were given, would the military command who were given the order be legally justified in refusing to carry out such an order?

Philip
                            Yes ISIL fighters are mixed with the civilian population.... During WW2 the soldiers/fighters of the Third Reich were mixed with civilians. I will say we should of course try to not hit the kids, but the adult civilians who supported the Third Reich and the adult civilians who support ISIL were and are evil people.

The Third Reich and ISIL were and are evil. Good people of the world which includes a ton of Muslims and Christians, are literally dying in the fight against ISIL. It is a beautiful thing when Muslims carry out Jihad against the evil that is ISIL.

Hardly anyone will be upset when ISIL is defeated. There will not be notable calls of human rights abuses when we really step up the fight against ISIL...this will be because the folks in power will not say things like "Kill their families"...
                            Last edited by Taieb el-Okbi; 16 Dec 15, 14:08.

Comment

Either way, the point remains, carpet bombing is a violent act that will kill thousands of civilians.

Making us no better than they are.

More importantly, it won't help our war efforts.
                              1) Irrelevant : enemy civilians can not claim immunity

2)Irrelevant : We ARE better than them :in WWII bombing killed thousands of enemy civilians,and we were still better than the enemy .

3)Wrong : carpet bombing did help our war efforts in WWII,there is no reason why it would not do it today .

Carpet bombing has not as mission to make us better than the enemy,it has as mission to help our war effort .

Comment

Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
                                Britain was well on its way to being defeated during the Battle of Britain, until the Luftwaffe switched from military targets to dropping bombs on cities. This gave the RAF a chance to recuperate its strength and ultimately served to stiffen British resolve. :
                                This is totally wrong : from the first day on of the BoB,the LW was losing .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X