Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carpet bomb ISIS and kill their families?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpet bomb ISIS and kill their families?

Carpet bomb ISIS (Ted Cruz), kill their families (Donald Trump).

From tonight's debate and before.

Those are currently the top two Republican candidates for U.S. president. Could it come to that? Would the U.S. generals go along with it if so ordered?

Would not be the first time in modern history. Churchill had little problem with it.

Philip
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

What makes them better than the Germans, the Japanese, the Koreans and the Vietnamese?
    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Silly Philip. Were you not paying attention? Cruz said no civilians would get hurt or die under his 'carpet bombings.' He would only target ISIS people.

Yes folks, Cruz will be the one to introduce to the world of military strategy Precision Carpet Bombing!
      ´
      “You need to help people. I know it's not very Republican to say but you need to help people.” DONALD TRUMP, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathanrex1 View Post
        Silly Philip. Were you not paying attention? Cruz said no civilians would get hurt or die under his 'carpet bombings.' He would only target ISIS people.

Yes folks, Cruz will be the one to introduce to the world of military strategy Precision Carpet Bombing!
        He did say that, didn't he?

So easy to produce statements like "I will bomb the s**t out of them" and look real tough. Harder to get into the details when pressed.

Philip
        "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

Comment

It's a shame that this is what our Presidential races have come down to. It's embarrassing, but the Republicans have to play to the southern voter with one tooth who only sees the world as linear black and white matters. But no, neither of them would act on either if elected into office. They're just saying what they have to in order to gain in the polls.
          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
          - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
            It's embarrassing, but the Republicans have to play to the southern voter with one tooth who only sees the world as linear black and white matters.
            Which is better than northern liberals who see everything in fifty shades of grey.

Isn't stereotyping fun?
            Last edited by Martok; 15 Dec 15, 23:40.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
              It's a shame that this is what our Presidential races have come down to. It's embarrassing, but the Republicans have to play to the southern voter with one tooth who only sees the world as linear black and white matters. But no, neither of them would act on either if elected into office. They're just saying what they have to in order to gain in the polls.
              Cruz is an intelligent man playing to the 'average dole.' His elite lawyer background still shines through.

The real scary ones are Carson and Trump. I'm still surprised Carson hasn't left the race yet when this debate once again proves he knows nothing about anything that exists outside of America's borders. God, I feel sorry for him, seeing himself making an idiot of himself just to sell a few more books.

Trump is similar to Carson in regards to being ignorant, but hides it behind his narcissistic bravado. I mean in response to a question about America's Nuclear Triad System he made the following statements:

"Nuclear, the power, the devastation, it's very important to me"

"Nuclear changes the whole ballgame"

"The power is so massive"

He sounds like a 13 year old talking without any coherence or intelligence on the matter. Rubio was the one who had to answer the question in an adult manor.

I'm just glad Jeb! Bush managed to kick his ass a few times. I did not expect that.
              ´
              “You need to help people. I know it's not very Republican to say but you need to help people.” DONALD TRUMP, 2016

Comment

Seen from my place ,these guys are the worst ambassadors of the USA I have ever seen.
                Seen from the ME,they are the best sales reps for isis.
                I wish you the best of luck with these looneys .
                And I am in no way a Obama supporter .
                When will you get a real politician with a vision for your country and not a bunch of guys reacting like ados typing twitters ?
                That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Works for me...

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipLaos View Post
                    He did say that, didn't he?

So easy to produce statements like "I will bomb the s**t out of them" and look real tough. Harder to get into the details when pressed.

Philip
                    Yes, like when Carson, Christie and everyone but Rand said they would establish no-fly zones in Syria and shoot down Russian and Syrian aircraft without any major conflict brewing as a result. It's silly, yet scary how they think.
                    ´

Comment

Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
                      Seen from my place ,these guys are the worst ambassadors of the USA I have ever seen.
                      Seen from the ME,they are the best sales reps for isis.
                      I wish you the best of luck with these looneys .
                      And I am in no way a Obama supporter .
                      When will you get a real politician with a vision for your country and not a bunch of guys reacting like ados typing twitters ?
                      Yeah I don't see any problems here. The amazed reaction to a rather conventional military solution says more about those reacting than it does the candidates. God help us if we'd been this soft when the USSR, Nazi Germany ot Imperial Japan had existed.

Nothing about IS is new. Sherman, von Clausewitz, Washington, Ceasar, none of them would be surprised by a threat like them and they'd all propose similar solutions. Most of them even carried them out at one point or another. As for the military going along with it. That order would be like Christmas morning in the Pentagon. Never mistake the administration's "we are the world" double speak for the attitude of anyone but the political sycophants in the military.
                      "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
                        Which is better than northern liberals who see everything in fifty shades of grey.
                        Libs definitely aren't perfect either, far from it. But, why have the Republicans made it cool to be dumb? It honestly reminds me of how being smart in urban culture is seen as a bad thing. Are republicans the rappers of politics? Play dumb and promote violence? Kill em all if someone pisses you off. Constant tough talk. Lot of parallels.

Why do republicans frown upon candidates that are smarter than they are? I'll never forget the classic phrase that was thrown around a lot during the Bush era. He's a good candidate because "he's someone you could have a beer with." Applying that type of mentality to voting is a huge issue.

While I don't agree with or support Obama, nor do I support anyone on the Democratic ticket. I can at least respect that they're pushing some intellectual candidates. Whereas with republicans the preference tends to lean towards less intellectual and more "ordinary". I mean we went from a woman who thought she was qualified for VP because she could "see Russia from her house" to someone that wants to ban all Muslims. It's ridiculous.
                        Last edited by TactiKill J.; 16 Dec 15, 00:04.
                        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
                          Yeah I don't see any problems here. The amazed reaction to a rather conventional military solution says more about those reacting than it does the candidates. God help us if we'd been this soft when the USSR, Nazi Germany ot Imperial Japan had existed.

Nothing about IS is new. Sherman, von Clausewitz, Washington, Ceasar, none of them would be surprised by a threat like them and they'd all propose similar solutions. Most of them even carried them out at one point or another. As for the military going along with it. That order would be like Christmas morning in the Pentagon. Never mistake the administration's "we are the world" double speak for the attitude of anyone but the political sycophants in the military.
                          Soft is being willing to throw away our liberties for safety. Soft is fearing every Muslim in the world.
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

My view is the "They bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun..."

That is, we should be using unbridled force on ISIS. They fire from a building, any building including a mosque, and we flatten it. We spray the ruins with napalm.

If we intend to fight ISIS as a war, then we should, like the Russians, be willing to use massive and excessive force to win.

The idea that somehow the military is a super police force and that the enemy are nothing more than common criminals who need to be arrested and brought to trial is nothing short of insane. Yet, that is pretty much the Obama administration's view of how to conduct war.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                              Yet, that is pretty much the Obama administration's view of how to conduct war.
                              Really? Who have they arrested in Syria?
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X