Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. Intel to Obama: ISIS Is Not Contained

As I have been saying:

A new report stands in stark contrast to earlier White House assurances that ISIS had been ‘contained.’ And it is already spurring changes in how the U.S. grapples with ISIS.

A new U.S. intelligence report on ISIS, commissioned by the White House, predicts that the self-proclaimed Islamic State will spread worldwide and grow in numbers, unless it suffers a significant loss of territory on the battlefield in Iraq and Syria, U.S. officials told The Daily Beast.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...contained.html
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
    unless it suffers a significant loss of territory on the battlefield in Iraq and Syria
    With sustained, systematic and organized air support, along with a closing of the Turkish border, the Syria and Iraqi armies along with the Kurds should be able to deal with ISIS on the ground. There's no reason why either Western or Russian troops should be introduced into the ground fighting. In fact, the introduction of Western and Russian troops would likely only complicate things. Same with Turkish troops.

EDIT: I might add that the same people who usually talk about a NFZ in northern Syria, usually avoid the suggestion of sealing the Turkish border. I wonder why...
    Last edited by Skoblin; 07 Dec 15, 10:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
      With sustained, systematic and organized air support, along with a closing of the Turkish border, the Syria and Iraqi armies along with the Kurds should be able to deal with ISIS on the ground. There's no reason why either Western or Russian troops should be introduced into the ground fighting. In fact, the introduction of Western and Russian troops would likely only complicate things. Same with Turkish troops.
      Because the Syrian and Iraqi armies have been doing so well up to this point?
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
        Because the Syrian and Iraqi armies have been doing so well up to this point?
        Since the Syrians have been receiving Russian air support - and the number of aircraft is not all that great - they have been able to start pushing both ISIS and the Jihadists/Islamists back. Some four dozen towns and villages reclaimed in the past month or so.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
            With sustained, systematic and organized air support,
            Good point but for that to happen you need boots on the ground. Without JTACs there won't be anything systematic or organized.
            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X