Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does ISIS have an Air Force?

What would a 'no fly zone' do to ISIS?

Hillary Clinton, the front-runner for the Democratic presidential nomination, told ABC’s “This Week” that the U.S. is "not winning" the fight against ISIS and it's "too soon to say that we are doing everything we need to do."

While Clinton has been supportive of Obama's foreign policy, given that she served as his secretary of state, she also has called for a more robust approach to defeating ISIS, including setting up a no-fly zone.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...l?intcmp=hpbt1
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

A no fly zone serves only one purpose - to prevent the Syrian air force from not only attacking ISIS/Islamist rebels, but even being able to monitor their movements.

Comment

I don't know, but they haven't got much to worry about...

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
        A no fly zone serves only one purpose - to prevent the Syrian air force from not only attacking ISIS/Islamist rebels, but even being able to monitor their movements.
        Hi

Would it not also stop the Syrian AF from attacking anti-Assad forces (which aren't IS orientated)?

Regards

Andy
        "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." Churchill

"I'm no reactionary.Christ on the Mountain! I'm as idealistic as Hell" Eisenhower

Comment

Originally posted by Andy H View Post
          Hi
          Would it not also stop the Syrian AF from attacking anti-Assad forces (which aren't IS orientated)?
          Regards
          Andy
          Of course. Which is why Clinton brings it up. A no-fly zone has nothing to do with ISIS. It has everything to do with facilitating the removal of Assad. Which means even now Clinton remains fixated at removing Assad as the goal and not eliminating ISIS. As for the Anti-Assad forces, the majority are Jihadists and Islamists. The FSA ceased being a major element after it was defeated at the battle of Homs about two years ago. Since then, the majority of FSA members in northern and central Syria have joined the Islamist al-Sham, al-Nusra and Jaish al-Islam factions who wish to establish Shariah law in Syria. Why shouldn't they be bombed? They've thrown suspected homosexuals from rooftops, whipped people publicly, have forbidden women to wear makeup, have desecrated Christian places of worship and threatened to kill all the Alawites.

Comment

"No-Fly Zone" is another one of those words that has been abused to the point that it's lost all meaning. Originally it made sense as it was a literal zone in Iraq in which aircraft were not allowed. Since then it was expanded to mean more and more in the Balkans and Libya so that now it is basically a PC term for bombing campaign.

The strange thing is that it doesn't make any sense anymore. We're already bombing Iraq and Syria, if anemically, so I'm not sure what she wants there. Also at this point a NFZ has pretty much been off the table since Russia got involved. They're working directly with the Syrian military and would likely defy any NFZ that was set up. Nobody wants to get into a shooting match with the VVS and so there can be no NFV.
            "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
              "No-Fly Zone" is another one of those words that has been abused to the point that it's lost all meaning. Originally it made sense as it was a literal zone in Iraq in which aircraft were not allowed. Since then it was expanded to mean more and more in the Balkans and Libya so that now it is basically a PC term for bombing campaign.

The strange thing is that it doesn't make any sense anymore. We're already bombing Iraq and Syria, if anemically, so I'm not sure what she wants there. Also at this point a NFZ has pretty much been off the table since Russia got involved. They're working directly with the Syrian military and would likely defy any NFZ that was set up. Nobody wants to get into a shooting match with the VVS and so there can be no NFV.
              What has been brought up time and again is not so much a NFZ over all of Syria, but just in the north, near the Turkish border. Now, I'll leave this to others to surmise why Clinton would want a NFZ over northern Syria, along the Turkish border...

Comment

Does ISIS have an Air Force? Answer: Not yet
                http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/12...base-in-libya/
                Too Much To Do Too Little Time

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X