Racial profiling to find potential terrorists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racial profiling to find potential terrorists

I haven't seen much lately about racial profiling, either for or against.

But in the light of the San Bernadino, Paris and the ISIS bombing of the Russian airliner, surely it makes more sense than ever. All these attacks were carried out by Muslims so, while we know not all Muslims are terrorists, surely it makes sense to carry out, for example, more stringent checks into Muslim baggage handlers at airports, etc. than other staff.

Such measures could of course eventually lead to extreme stuff like compulsory visual identification of Muslims (like with the Jews in Nazi Germany) or even selective internment (like the internment of American Japanese during World War II).

Personally, I thought the internment of Japanese Americans at that time was sensible (some of them would surely have been sympathizers of the Japanese war effort and been spies and saboteurs), but in my previous postings here, I am clearly alone in this view.

Most think those internments were an outrageous violation of those people's civil rights. Recently, the internments have been apologized for by the US government.

Whatever. I think the idea of being politically correct and not using racial/religious profiling may be going out of the window in light of recent Islamist atrocities.

Would be a good thing in my view.

Philip
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

And we put a distinctive symbol on their clothes?
    Nah,already done.
    Lets paint them in pink ?
    Nah,too "porky"..
    That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
      And we put a distinctive symbol on their clothes?
      Nah,already done.
      Lets paint them in pink ?
      Nah,too "porky"..
      Exactly so, and an individual's ethnic origins don't necessarily indicate religious beliefs.
      "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
      Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Indeed!
        These Arabs suck deadly !

Comment

Given the number of white British men who go to certain foreign countries to abuse child prostitutes we should have regular check ups on every white British man who goes to work in certain countries.

Whatever. I think the idea of being politically correct and not using racial/religious profiling may be going out of the window in light of recent British perverts atrocities.
          "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
          G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
          Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

This is the problem with the idiotic aversion to profiling...
            Neighbors are speaking out about the Muslim husband and wife who killed 14 people at a San Bernardino office Wednesday.

Those who lived around the couple in Redlands, California, say there was unusual activity in the garage late at night and packages kept arriving within a short period of time.

According to one man, a female neighbor saw what was going on and declined to call police because she didn't want to "profile" the Muslim couple.

"She was kinda suspicious and wanted to report it. But she didn't want to profile," said Aaron Elswick.

[...]

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/12/0...cious-activity
            Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipLaos View Post

But in the light of the San Bernadino, Paris and the ISIS bombing of the Russian airliner, surely it makes more sense than ever. All these attacks were carried out by Muslims so, while we know not all Muslims are terrorists, surely it makes sense to carry out, for example, more stringent checks into Muslim baggage handlers at airports, etc. than other staff.

Such measures could of course eventually lead to extreme stuff like compulsory visual identification of Muslims (like with the Jews in Nazi Germany) or even selective internment (like the internment of American Japanese during World War II).

Personally, I thought the internment of Japanese Americans at that time was sensible (some of them would surely have been sympathizers of the Japanese war effort and been spies and saboteurs), but in my previous postings here, I am clearly alone in this view.

Most think those internments were an outrageous violation of those people's civil rights. Recently, the internments have been apologized for by the US government.

Whatever. I think the idea of being politically correct and not using racial/religious profiling may be going out of the window in light of recent Islamist atrocities.

Philip
              Obv your an incredibly amazing person and I sincerely mean this. I look at your travels to Asia with the utmost respect.

Do you think I'm being politically correct when I say that Islam is peaceful and ISIL ought to be destroyed.. Many of us humans have the view that Islam is peaceful. We want to vocally support the Muslims and Christians of Iraq whom are tolerate of each other... and there is nothing wrong with this view.. Bringing up the fact that tolerate Muslims and Christians are working to fight against the intolerant Muslims of ISIL does not for example deserve an adhom attack. I tell you what partner, those folks who support ISIL are the lowest of humanity, those heroic Muslims who fight ISIL are heroes to the world.

In the USA far more people die each year from from cigarettes when compared to terrorism/mass shootings. The terrorism/mass shootings in the USA are not always committed by Muslims, Muslim terror attacks rarely occur in the USA. Muslim terror attacks mostly occur against the brave and united Christians and Muslims of for example Iraq. ISIL hates, literally hates unity between Muslims and Christians..ISIL has destroyed both Muslim and Christian monuments that have stood proudly in countries like Iraq and Syria for hundreds of years. The interments of Germans an Japanese of WW2 by the USA is not the same as the idea of discriminating against Muslims. Were not at war with all Muslims or Islam...we are at war with white Americans, Black Americans, White and Black Euros, Arabs, Kurds....whom have joined ISIL. We are at war with ISIL.

Comment

The people who die from cigarettes - is that, ultimately, their choice?

The people who died in San Bernadino, ultimately, was that their choice or that of someone motivated by hate?

This is your all-time apples and oranges ridiculous comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Taieb el-Okbi View Post
                  Obv your an incredibly amazing person and I sincerely mean this. I look at your travels to Asia with the utmost respect.

Do you think I'm being politically correct when I say that Islam is peaceful and ISIL ought to be destroyed.. Many of us humans have the view that Islam is peaceful. We want to vocally support the Muslims and Christians of Iraq whom are tolerate of each other... and there is nothing wrong with this view.. Bringing up the fact that tolerate Muslims and Christians are working to fight against the intolerant Muslims of ISIL does not for example deserve an adhom attack. I tell you what partner, those folks who support ISIL are the lowest of humanity, those heroic Muslims who fight ISIL are heroes to the world.

In the USA far more people die each year from from cigarettes when compared to terrorism/mass shootings. The terrorism/mass shootings in the USA are not always committed by Muslims, Muslim terror attacks rarely occur in the USA. Muslim terror attacks mostly occur against the brave and united Christians and Muslims of for example Iraq. ISIL hates, literally hates unity between Muslims and Christians..ISIL has destroyed both Muslim and Christian monuments that have stood proudly in countries like Iraq and Syria for hundreds of years. The interments of Germans an Japanese of WW2 by the USA is not the same as the idea of discriminating against Muslims. Were not at war with all Muslims or Islam...we are at war with white Americans, Black Americans, White and Black Euros, Arabs, Kurds....whom have joined ISIL. We are at war with ISIL.
                  But the crucial question is what those non-humans think. I guess this incessant trolling balances out the incessant trolling from the other end of the political spectrum.
                  "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
                  G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
                  Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post
                    Exactly so, and an individual's ethnic origins don't necessarily indicate religious beliefs.
                    But they are a strong indicator that must be taken into consideration.
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Mr El Okbi ,are you living in a parallel universe ?
                      Are your neighbors mainly small ,from various colors ,rather looking like teddy bears ?
                      Bingo !
                      The care bear cloud !

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipLaos View Post

Philip
                        The internment of Japanese Americans was lawful,approved by Scotus .There was no violation of civil rights (if such thing existed in 1941;I suspect it was invented 20 years later).

Comment

How do you catch all of the white extremist with racial profiling? Do they get away?
                          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                          - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                            How do you catch all of the white extremist with racial profiling? Do they get away?
                            What, both of them?
                            This fanatical fixation with a Chimera is blinding you to the reality of ..... jeez, just look at my Sig.
                            And try and wake up and smell the fresh blood.

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                            This is the problem with the idiotic aversion to profiling...
                            Neighbors are speaking out about the Muslim husband and wife who killed 14 people at a San Bernardino office Wednesday.

Those who lived around the couple in Redlands, California, say there was unusual activity in the garage late at night and packages kept arriving within a short period of time.

According to one man, a female neighbor saw what was going on and declined to call police because she didn't want to "profile" the Muslim couple.

"She was kinda suspicious and wanted to report it. But she didn't want to profile," said Aaron Elswick.

[...]

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/12/0...cious-activity
                            Yes, thank you!

And for the rest of you-- DUH!

How many more people must die as sacrifices on your altar of Political Correctness?!?

Yeah, I know, every singe one of us, if that's what it takes to keep you all feeling good about yourselves and your high moral tone, your social superiority and your own emotional stability.
                            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                              What, both of them?
                              This fanatical fixation with a Chimera is blinding you to the reality of ..... jeez, just look at my Sig.
                              And try and wake up and smell the fresh blood.

Yes, thank you!

And for the rest of you-- DUH!

How many more people must die as sacrifices on your altar of Political Correctness?!?

Yeah, I know, every singe one of us, if that's what it takes to keep you all feeling good about yourselves and your high moral tone, your social superiority and your own emotional stability.
                              Give this man some rep!!!!!
                              ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X