Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the White House purposefully manipulating intelligence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the White House purposefully manipulating intelligence?

http://video.foxnews.com/v/463443117...d=930909819001

Is this true? Or are these guys taking things out of context? If it is true then Obama and co are basically committing treason.
    "A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant

After Benghazi do you really have to ask?
    My worst jump story:
    My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
    As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
    No lie.

~
    "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
    -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Not really, but to the extent these guys are talking about? Denying intelligence agents access to the bin laden documents?
      "A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

Yes.

For instance take this in. Since September, roughly the last 90 days, ISIS etc., have done the following bigger things:

Afghanistan: 300 allied guerillas / terrorists to ISIS attacked government facilities throughout Nangarhar provence. The attacks were coordinated and at least 34 people killed.

Algeria: A French national there for mountain climbing was kidnapped and beheaded on Sept 24.

Bangladesh: An Italian priest was killed on Nov 19. Two Baha'i faith clerics were wounded earlier in the month.

Cameroon: 4 dead at a mosque when a 14 year old girl suicide bombed it. Boko Haram claimed responsibility and is allied with ISIS.

Chad: 3 killed Nov 9 in a suicide bombing targeting a public well.

Egypt: Downing of a Russian airliner killing 224 on Oct 31. There have also been numerous attacks and car bombing in this period throughout Egypt.
        On July 19 an Egyptian naval vessel took a missile hit.

France: 130 dead on Nov 13. 17 dead in January at Charlie Hebdo.

Gaza/ Israel: Rocket attacks continue.

Lebanon: 44 killed 200 injured Nov 12 in two suicide bombings in Beirut.

Libya: ISIS is claiming they have over 3,000 fighters in the country. Several guards at oil fields have been killed.

Kuwait: 27 dead by suicide bomber at a mosque.

Nigeria: 49 killed Nov 18 - 19 in marketplace attacks in Kano and Yola.

Saudi Arabia: 15 killed in an attack on a mosque.

Tunisia: Suicide attacker hit the presidential guard bus last Tuesday.

Turkey: Two suicide bombings on Oct 10 killing over 100 people.

Yet, Obama has called ISIS "the JV league" in this period. His joint news conference with French President Hollande showed his tepid and carefully worded to avoid any commitment answers to everything.

Obama is either delusional, or grossly ignorant to the point of malfeasance on Islamic terrorism. I'd bet he's not even really paying attention to intelligence briefings if he attends them at all.

Comment

I'm just thankful that we are below his radar horizon. I can imagine that he considers us more of a threat than jihadis that actually want to hurt people.

Please oh please, don't make a mistake with your next vote. It's a vote for our grandchildren... I'll let you think on that subject.
          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
            After Benghazi do you really have to ask?
            I would go back to post 9/11 when we started a war over non-existent WMD's with the wrong country in the first place.

I'm pretty sure the real truth about current events would surprise us.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
              Yes.

For instance take this in. Since September, roughly the last 90 days, ISIS etc., have done the following bigger things:

Afghanistan: 300 allied guerillas / terrorists to ISIS attacked government facilities throughout Nangarhar provence. The attacks were coordinated and at least 34 people killed.

Algeria: A French national there for mountain climbing was kidnapped and beheaded on Sept 24.

Bangladesh: An Italian priest was killed on Nov 19. Two Baha'i faith clerics were wounded earlier in the month.

Cameroon: 4 dead at a mosque when a 14 year old girl suicide bombed it. Boko Haram claimed responsibility and is allied with ISIS.

Chad: 3 killed Nov 9 in a suicide bombing targeting a public well.

Egypt: Downing of a Russian airliner killing 224 on Oct 31. There have also been numerous attacks and car bombing in this period throughout Egypt.
              On July 19 an Egyptian naval vessel took a missile hit.

France: 130 dead on Nov 13. 17 dead in January at Charlie Hebdo.

Gaza/ Israel: Rocket attacks continue.

Lebanon: 44 killed 200 injured Nov 12 in two suicide bombings in Beirut.

Libya: ISIS is claiming they have over 3,000 fighters in the country. Several guards at oil fields have been killed.

Kuwait: 27 dead by suicide bomber at a mosque.

Nigeria: 49 killed Nov 18 - 19 in marketplace attacks in Kano and Yola.

Saudi Arabia: 15 killed in an attack on a mosque.

Tunisia: Suicide attacker hit the presidential guard bus last Tuesday.

Turkey: Two suicide bombings on Oct 10 killing over 100 people.

Yet, Obama has called ISIS "the JV league" in this period. His joint news conference with French President Hollande showed his tepid and carefully worded to avoid any commitment answers to everything.

Obama is either delusional, or grossly ignorant to the point of malfeasance on Islamic terrorism. I'd bet he's not even really paying attention to intelligence briefings if he attends them at all.
              Those types of attacks occurred during the Presidency of GWB. Also the world is a violent place, American and Colombian drug dealers can be more violent then ISIL members. If you think Obama is grossly ignorant just because of rightfully refusing to call ISIL as Islamic terrorists, then GWB was grossly ignorant for not calling AQ "Islamic terrorists or Islamic radicals". The USA is winning the war on terror IMO,war on terror as in warfare with terror groups like AQ and ISIL. We are better then AQ/ISIL and we are winning due to the fact that we have better weapons and far more land compared to the terrorists. While ISIL does have control of huge chunks of Iraq and Syria as well as having small tidbits of influence throughout other countries like Lebanon, USA, UK and Egypt..... ISIL is nothing compared to the empire that the Third reich built. In fact during the led up to WW2 you could find tens of thousands of Americans cheering for the Third Reich...thats not happening here in the USA wrt ISIL. ISIL is rejected by practically all Muslims of the world, there have been some Americans who have joined ISIL but the # of quite low.

Comment

Originally posted by Taieb el-Okbi View Post
                Those types of attacks occurred during the Presidency of GWB. Also the world is a violent place, American and Colombian drug dealers can be more violent then ISIL members. If you think Obama is grossly ignorant just because of rightfully refusing to call ISIL as Islamic terrorists, then GWB was grossly ignorant for not calling AQ "Islamic terrorists or Islamic radicals". The USA is winning the war on terror IMO,war on terror as in warfare with terror groups like AQ and ISIL. We are better then AQ/ISIL and we are winning due to the fact that we have better weapons and far more land compared to the terrorists. While ISIL does have control of huge chunks of Iraq and Syria as well as having small tidbits of influence throughout other countries like Lebanon, USA, UK and Egypt..... ISIL is nothing compared to the empire that the Third reich built. In fact during the led up to WW2 you could find tens of thousands of Americans cheering for the Third Reich...thats not happening here in the USA wrt ISIL. ISIL is rejected by practically all Muslims of the world, there have been some Americans who have joined ISIL but the # of quite low.
                And all of that is related to the OP, how?
                Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

The intelligence services have always produced information with a spin on it.
                  The people in the field and those monitoring sources give raw data to the agencies who then "clean" or edit it, even before the Chief of Staff or the President sees it.
                  Many presidents have dismissed any data that did not support thier agenda, sending it back to the agencies with the message, don't give us anything that doesn't support my agenda, Cheney, Sec. Of State McNamara, LBJ, Sec, of State Rumsfeld, and Clinton, they all do it. They may even see raw data, but they are not going to present anything to committees or the Commander and Chief that doesn't further the agenda.
                  Last edited by Urban hermit; 30 Nov 15, 11:13.
                  Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by jonny87kz View Post
                    ...Is this true?...
                    Do you consider Fox News to be a credible news source?

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                      And all of that is related to the OP, how?
                      an intended diversion, meant to side-step any and all possible criticism of messiah Obama, our Hussein.

But speaking of Data manipulation, what is really topical now is this Global Whining stuff. That matters because of the Paris conference on Global taxation to benefit the UN, and Globalist control of everyone's lives.

Comment

Originally posted by III Corps View Post
                        Let me guess. You didn't watch the video and listen to their debate. Instead you dismissed it out of hand because it's from "faux".

Comment

Originally posted by III Corps View Post

So, the fact that Fox reported on something allows you to dismiss the facts contained in the report?
                          Are you aware that this shows your prejudices, not those you believe exist at Fox.

Fox isn't relevant to the actual story unless you are trying to change the subject. Please note that CNN has also reported on the story.

A top U.S. intelligence official confirmed that the Pentagon's inspector general is investigating complaints that senior officials manipulated intelligence reports to create a more optimistic narrative on the fight against ISIS.
                          http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/11/politi...ion/index.html
                          Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Taieb el-Okbi View Post
                            But, Bush didn't draw "lines in the sand" then run from actually doing something when they were crossed, he didn't say Gorebal Warming was the greatest threat facing the US, he didn't call Saddam or Al Quieda "the JV," or dozens of other waffles, deflections, or outright ignorance of foreign affairs like Obama has either.

As for the comparisons, they are more red herrings than valid ones. The US as a nation has been involved with problems in the Middle East since its formation. The Barbary war was the first one the US fought. There several hundred American citizens, mostly sailors, were enslaved, ships taken as prizes, plundered, etc.
                            Times have changed in the Middle East some but the same sort of low level conflict has been nearly continuous there. It has generally only been with the intervention of colonial powers that relative peace has been achieved.

In all that, Obama has proven himself repeatedly one of the weakest and least effective Presidents in US history with regard to foreign affairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              I would go back to post 9/11 when we started a war over non-existent WMD's with the wrong country in the first place.

I'm pretty sure the real truth about current events would surprise us.
                              The ****ing Clinton's invented this ****, Obama just follows suit. Hillary's server was planned just for this purpose.
                              My worst jump story:
                              My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                              As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                              No lie.

~
                              "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X