Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intelligence chair: Obama's IISI containment comment a joke.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intelligence chair: Obama's IISI containment comment a joke.

President Obama's assertion that the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) has been contained is a "joke", says the chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee.

"It's proven that ISIS is in 30 different countries... they've got a reach that goes throughout Europe and North America," said Richard Burr (R-N.C.) on the “Fox News Sunday” program.

"So to talk about containment is really a joke," he added.

"We've got to stop talking about containment. We've got to talk about elimination of the terrorist threat."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...dcx?li=BBnbfcL
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

My worst jump story:
    My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
    As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
    No lie.

~
    "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
    -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
      They are now in 30 countries and we are still debating?
      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
        BoBo is stalling until after the election. If the DemoGods lose then the Republicans will be blamed for it.
        My worst jump story:
        No lie.

~
        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

No...this mess is going to stick to BoBo for all time, like Benghazi has stuck to Clinton.

This one isn't going away and it can't be blamed on anyone else. Entirely on BoBo's watch.

Comment

ISIL has influence in practically every country in the world, this is largely due to the ability of ISIL members to use social media. Social media is a fairly new thing, imagine if during WW2 the Third Reich had the ability to spread their message online. During WW2 we had a significant population of the world which supported the Axis powers. Today while ISIL is a threat, ISIL does not have an air force, a navy or anywhere near the power that the Axis powers had during WW2.

Btw ISIL is contained, at least to huge chunks of Iraq and Syria. The ISIL attacks are a part of warfare, ISIL members can and will attack targets that ISIL deems worthy of an attack. In response to ISIL attacks we Americans should provide a message of strength as opposed to questioning our Governments ability. During WW2 Americans would not question the resolve of the USA or the resolve of American leaders such as FDR, instead most Americans would talk about the victories and the courage of the USA and its allies. There is nothing wrong with saying ISIL is contained, had Obama said ISIL is defeated that would be an incorrect thing to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Taieb el-Okbi View Post
              ISIL has influence in practically every country in the world, this is largely due to the ability of ISIL members to use social media. Social media is a fairly new thing, imagine if during WW2 the Third Reich had the ability to spread their message online. During WW2 we had a significant population of the world which supported the Axis powers. Today while ISIL is a threat, ISIL does not have an air force, a navy or anywhere near the power that the Axis powers had during WW2.

Btw ISIL is contained, at least to huge chunks of Iraq and Syria. The ISIL attacks are a part of warfare, ISIL members can and will attack targets that ISIL deems worthy of an attack. In response to ISIL attacks we Americans should provide a message of strength as opposed to questioning our Governments ability. During WW2 Americans would not question the resolve of the USA or the resolve of American leaders such as FDR, instead most Americans would talk about the victories and the courage of the USA and its allies. There is nothing wrong with saying ISIL is contained, had Obama said ISIL is defeated that would be an incorrect thing to say.
              I do not believe you can contain a philosophy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                No...this mess is going to stick to BoBo for all time, like Benghazi has stuck to Clinton.

This one isn't going away and it can't be blamed on anyone else. Entirely on BoBo's watch.

I only disagree with your belief that it can't be blamed on anyone else.
                I have already seen the left try to blame ISIS on Bush.
                Furthermore, I believe that BO is refusing to act, in part, because making a decision means accepting some responsibility for the outcome.

His approach is to do nothing and leave this growing problem in the hands of whomever follows him in office.
                If it is a republican, I can guarantee BO will be one of the first to blame the republican for the problem.
                Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
                  Furthermore, I believe that BO is refusing to act, in part, because making a decision means accepting some responsibility for the outcome.

His approach is to do nothing and leave this growing problem in the hands of whomever follows him in office.
                  If it is a republican, I can guarantee BO will be one of the first to blame the republican for the problem.
                  And the Republicans will simply point out that he totally failed to act responsibly and allowed the ISIS debacle to continue unchallenged during his presidency, which is when ISIS came into being, so I see no way that will work on BoBo's behalf.

I agree with you that BoBo will never accept any responsibility and thus will not make crucial decisions. That has been obvious from the very start of his presidency. He's the ultimate non-person - if twenty people are in a room, BoBo is the one you would never notice because he has no position on anything and is totally detached from reality. He's the one you would suspect of being doped up to eyeballs, instead.

I watched a clip of his from the Paris climate circus - there he is, no expression on his face as usual, talking the same tired old cliches: "We're building momentum and moving forward". The guy is completely cut off from reality...the ultimate one trick pony. He would be saying the same old thing if an asteroid was about to destroy the planet, still without any expression whatsoever on his face. His eyes are open and his lips are moving, but the attic is empty.

Comment

You have way too much faith in the voting liberal democrat.
                    My worst jump story:
                    No lie.

~
                    -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

Yup, I hear it all the time. Had Bush not invaded Iraq there wouldn't be an ISIS.
                      My worst jump story:
                      No lie.

~
                      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

You have way too much faith in the voting liberal democrat.
                        I have no faith in Democrats, period. I do have faith in those who oppose the Democrats, however, whoever they may be.

I cherish the notion that intelligent people still exist in America.

Comment

Yup, I hear it all the time. Had Bush not invaded Iraq there wouldn't be an ISIS.
                          You mean had Bush invaded Saudi Arabia, the perpetrator of 9/11, there wouldn't be an ISIS. I agree with you on that.

Iraq had nothing to do with it.

Comment

I have no faith in Democrats, period. I do have faith in those who oppose the Democrats, however, whoever they may be.

I cherish the notion that intelligent people still exist in America.
                            Obama wouldn't be where he is if true.
                            My worst jump story:
                            No lie.

~
                            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

I do not believe you can contain a philosophy.
                              ISIL can be must be destroyed. Once ISIL is destroyed...ISILs ideology can be contained just as the KKKs ideology is contained.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X