Hillary Clinton’s claim that she tried to join the Marines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillary Clinton’s claim that she tried to join the Marines

Hillary Clinton tried to join the Marines.....

The Facts

Clinton first told this story while addressing a lunch on Capitol Hill honoring military women, about 17 months after becoming first lady:

“You’re too old, you can’t see and you’re a woman,” Mrs. Clinton said she was told. “Maybe the dogs would take you,” she recalled the recruiter saying. (Actually the military slang is “dogfaces.”)

“It was not a very encouraging conversation,” she said. “I decided maybe I’ll look for another way to serve my country.”

It’s fair to say The New York Times account, written by then-reporter Maureen Dowd, was highly skeptical. Dowd noted:
    • “At the time, Hillary Rodham was an up-and-coming legal star involved with an up-and-coming political star.”
    • “She had made a celebrated appearance in Life magazine as an anti-establishment commencement speaker at Wellesley College, where, as president of the student government, she had organized teach-ins on her opposition to the Vietnam War.”
    • “She was a Yale law school graduate who had worked on the anti-war Presidential campaigns of Eugene J. McCarthy and George McGovern.”
    • “Mrs. Clinton told friends that she had moved to Arkansas for only one reason: to be with Bill Clinton.”
    • The Clintons married on Oct. 11, 1975, in Fayetteville.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...n-the-marines/
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

This is the same woman that once claimed she grew up listening to Harry Caray do Cubs games. Even though Harry didn't start doing Cubs games until she was in her mid 30's and living in Arkansas.

Comment

Shrillary hates the military. When she was First B... (Lady would be an insult to ladies) she demanded they not wear uniforms around her...
      (From Ed Klein's book The Truth About Hillary)

I'm far more inclined to buy that she loathes the military than ever wanted to be part of it, particularly the USMC what she'd no doubt see as the most anal retentive service of the bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
        Hillary Clinton tried to join the Marines.....

The Facts

Clinton first told this story while addressing a lunch on Capitol Hill honoring military women, about 17 months after becoming first lady:

“You’re too old, you can’t see and you’re a woman,” Mrs. Clinton said she was told. “Maybe the dogs would take you,” she recalled the recruiter saying. (Actually the military slang is “dogfaces.”)

“It was not a very encouraging conversation,” she said. “I decided maybe I’ll look for another way to serve my country.”

It’s fair to say The New York Times account, written by then-reporter Maureen Dowd, was highly skeptical. Dowd noted:
        • “At the time, Hillary Rodham was an up-and-coming legal star involved with an up-and-coming political star.”
        • “She had made a celebrated appearance in Life magazine as an anti-establishment commencement speaker at Wellesley College, where, as president of the student government, she had organized teach-ins on her opposition to the Vietnam War.”
        • “She was a Yale law school graduate who had worked on the anti-war Presidential campaigns of Eugene J. McCarthy and George McGovern.”
        • “Mrs. Clinton told friends that she had moved to Arkansas for only one reason: to be with Bill Clinton.”
        • The Clintons married on Oct. 11, 1975, in Fayetteville.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...n-the-marines/
        She also claimed that she came under sniper fire in Bosnia in 1996, unfortunately he missed.
        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

She also claimed that she was named after Sir Edmond Hillary. She was born before Sir Hillary became famous.
          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Show me the documentation!

Liar!!!
            My worst jump story:
            My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
            As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
            No lie.

~
            "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Shrillary hates the military. When she was First B... (Lady would be an insult to ladies) she demanded they not wear uniforms around her...
              (From Ed Klein's book The Truth About Hillary)

I'm far more inclined to buy that she loathes the military than ever wanted to be part of it, particularly the USMC what she'd no doubt see as the most anal retentive service of the bunch.
              Well, don't forget she was shot at by snipers in Bosnia.
              My worst jump story:
              My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
              As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
              No lie.

~
              "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                Show me the documentation!

Liar!!!
                I agree. Any politician claiming they "considered" or "tried" to join the military should either provide evidence of such, or stay quiet about it.

Comment

It amazes me in this day and age of social media where it is so easy to check on stories that politicians try to make up the most unbelievable stories. At least make it believable.
                  “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
                  ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                    I agree. Any politician claiming they "considered" or "tried" to join the military should either provide evidence of such, or stay quiet about it.
                    "Considered," no, there really isn't away to prove that. I'm guessing that many people considered joining the military at some point in their lives.

Claiming that they "tried" to join; yes, they should be able to provide some sort of back up for that statement.
                    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

They took me into the Army at age 22. I was overweight, nearsighted, my knees and ankles made popping noises when I did squats. I also volunteered for a combat arms bonus. They knew I was one of the crazy ones! If I could get in, Ms Clinton could have too! Maybe she should have tried the Army or Air Force? She may have wanted to go in as an officer assigned to JAG, who knows if they offered an officer rank? My bet is the offered only an E-3, if she could type!

Pruitt
                      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Given that questioning Carson's claims was a racist attack by the media scared of a genuine political figure is this not a sexist attack by the media? Funny how it is different depending upon political partisanship.

For the record Clinton (both of them in fact) is a confirmed liar on so many fronts that it baffles me how anyone could vote for her.
                        "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
                        G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
                        Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

“You’re too old, you can’t see and you’re a woman,” Mrs. Clinton said she was told.
                          I will have to join the chorus of nay-sayers on this one.
                          My mother joined the USMC in the mid-1950s when she was in her 20s. The idea that a USMC recruiter in the mid-1970s would tell her that being a woman was a reason for rejecting her is bogus.

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
                            I will have to join the chorus of nay-sayers on this one.
                            My mother joined the USMC in the mid-1950s when she was in her 20s. The idea that a USMC recruiter in the mid-1970s would tell her that being a woman was a reason for rejecting her is bogus.
                            Hell... they (Air Force) told me they could figure out a work-around for my occasional asthma.

Recruiters are all about recruiting... that's why they offer people M60 tanks and full scholarships to West Point.

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio View Post
                              Given that questioning Carson's claims was a racist attack by the media scared of a genuine political figure is this not a sexist attack by the media? Funny how it is different depending upon political partisanship.

For the record Clinton (both of them in fact) is a confirmed liar on so many fronts that it baffles me how anyone could vote for her.
                              The point is that when Republicans speak with imprecision, as Carson often has, the media treats it as lies and a disqualification to hold an office. When Democrats tell outright lies, which should disqualify them from breathing, as Shrillary routinely does, the media treats it as speaking with imprecision, clerical errors, administrative SNAFU's (funny because the media don't know what a SNAFU is), minor gaffes and vast right wing conspiracies.
                              Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X