Trump questions Carson's 'pathological temper', faith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump questions Carson's 'pathological temper', faith

FORT DODGE, Iowa (AP) Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump didn't let up his blistering critique of rival Ben Carson, issuing a new online video ad that calls him a "violent criminal" or "pathological liar."

Trump, brushing aside any recent claims of civility, has equated Carson's childhood "pathological temper" to the illness of a child molester, questioned his religious awakening and berated voters who support the retired neurosurgeon.

"How stupid are the people of Iowa?" declared Trump during a rally at Iowa Central Community College Thursday night. "How stupid are the people of the country to believe this crap?" For more than an hour and a half, the billionaire real estate mogul harshly criticized not only Carson, but many of his other competitors in the race for the GOP presidential nomination.

The new video continues to question Carson's account of trying to stab a friend when he was young.

"Violent criminal? Or pathological liar?" it asks. "We don't need either as president."

Carson said Trump's broadside is "expected" in politics, but he decried "the politics of personal destruction."
    AP - Full Article

Comment

Trump isn't the only one. Carson is beginning to remind me of Kerry and all of his claims.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

My personal opinion is that a cure needs to be found for Trumps blowhardedness!
        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
          It might be called 'Primaries'. Might require a course rather than a single dose, but it might just do the job.
          Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Yeah, well, at least we know he's not using the same advisors that everyone else is.
            (in fact, he does not seem to employ anyone to obfuscate what he really means to say)

And he also got the media to be nice to Carson again.
            I wonder how long that will last?
            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

OTH, the truth is refreshing in politics!

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                Perhaps Trump is trying to provoke Carson into losing his temper as in this scene from the Great Gatsby,

http://youtu.be/Er3-IN-6O8Y

Comment

This thread hasn't gotten anywhere near the response that I thought it would. I bet if a libtard/Progressive/commie had said it, there would have been many more responses and condemnations. But since so many are enamored of Trump, it seems to be ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                    This thread hasn't gotten anywhere near the response that I thought it would. I bet if a libtard/Progressive/commie had said it, there would have been many more responses and condemnations. But since so many are enamored of Trump, it seems to be ignored.
                    Did you really think it would get a big response? Surely you've been here longer than that.
                    Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Yeah, the righties are just too dumb to realize what the ******* is doing to the GOP.
                      Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Double-standards are a constant in American politics. Conservatives are just as guilty of being lying, self-delusional partisans as the liberals they oppose so vocally. Since a fellow conservative said these phrases they can't just dismiss it as more liberal propaganda/media lies. Thus, it's best to not say anything.

The most amusing part is how blind both sides are to their own failings. When I hear a liberal or conservative talk about how evil the other is, I just giggle.

American politics is middle-school with nuclear weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                          Double-standards are a constant in American politics. Conservatives are just as guilty of being lying, self-delusional partisans as the liberals they oppose so vocally. Since a fellow conservative said these phrases they can't just dismiss it as more liberal propaganda/media lies. Thus, it's best to not say anything.

The most amusing part is how blind both sides are to their own failings. When I hear a liberal or conservative talk about how evil the other is, I just giggle.

American politics is middle-school with nuclear weapons.
                          How about this for giggles

http://youtu.be/BA_5b1-Ax8I

Comment

More likely that this is just more of the vile crap that people expect from Trump.
                            "A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

Sounds more like sour grapes on your part than actual disinterest. What level of response were you expecting?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X