Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checkertail20
    replied
    That student is just bs-ing her way through the interview and Neil isn't letting her get away with it.

Leave a comment:

• The Exorcist
    replied
    Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
    "Somewhere, there is a tree, tirelessly producing oxygen so you can breathe. You owe it an apology."
    Good one!
    That is actually the dumbest broad I have ever seen, outside a Beauty Pageant.

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
    A Missouri preacher was physically assaulted today on campus in a free speech zone for preaching Christianity.

It’s not clear if the preacher is a student or not at this point.
    If he was before, I doubt he still is.

Damn, why couldn't ISIS have sent a squad to demolish that Campus instead of Paris?
    Oh yeah ... they are on the same side.

Leave a comment:

• TacCovert4
    replied
    I guess these college kids didn't get the memo about free speech:

A Missouri preacher was physically assaulted today on campus in a free speech zone for preaching Christianity.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015...chrisitianity/
    It's days like today that almost make me an anarchist. Morons like this only thrive in a decadent civilized society. If the trappings of civilization that allow them to live were stripped away, those of us that spent our young adulthoods learning how to kill and act in a civilized manner rather than how to properly order a frappe and bitch incessantly......well, let's just say that the latter group would not long survive in the presence of the former group.

Leave a comment:

• Nichols
    replied
    Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
    Yawn. It's boring to continuously explain to conservatives that disagreeing with them does not mean we need to leave the country. Freedom of speech you know.
    I guess these college kids didn't get the memo about free speech:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015...chrisitianity/

Leave a comment:

• Tsar
    replied
    Yawn. It's boring to continuously explain to conservatives that disagreeing with them does not mean we need to leave the country. Freedom of speech you know.
    Tell that to the Libs that are trying to get climate change deniers prosecuted.

Leave a comment:

• TacCovert4
    replied
    A well thought out answer to all those college kids that want someone else to pay for their education :

A Marine had a feisty retort to the top-trending Twitter hashtag #millionstudentmarch that explains to college kids how he also had a memorable march as a young man – while he was in the U.S. military.

As students protest in favor of “safe zones” free from racist ignoramuses and phony “hate crime” incidents, military members show bravery by willingly going into “unsafe zones” – armed combat against America’s enemies.

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/11/4706...ntent=military

Pretty much.

Listening to her talk, I couldn't help but hear House speaking in the background:

"Somewhere, there is a tree, tirelessly producing oxygen so you can breathe. You owe it an apology."

Leave a comment:

• Nichols
    replied
    A well thought out answer to all those college kids that want someone else to pay for their education :

A Marine had a feisty retort to the top-trending Twitter hashtag #millionstudentmarch that explains to college kids how he also had a memorable march as a young man – while he was in the U.S. military.

As students protest in favor of “safe zones” free from racist ignoramuses and phony “hate crime” incidents, military members show bravery by willingly going into “unsafe zones” – armed combat against America’s enemies.

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/11/4706...ntent=military

Leave a comment:

• craven
    replied
    Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
    I wonder if anyone has ever done a study of degree program participation by country. There's a lot of bleating about how other countries pay for college. I'd like to see if these countries have vast numbers of liberal arts colleges that churn out bachelor's of psychology or women's studies. ......or if as I suspect they have few open spots in those programs and larger colleges of career oriented programming.
    The colleges do send out surveys to people to see if they are working within or a similar field in which they studied.

One thing that is missed in these might be for example my degree is in law and justices but I work in forestry. But the legal courses help me with contracts and policy interpretation.

Leave a comment:

• TacCovert4
    replied
    Originally posted by johns624 View Post
    The difference is that in some countries, like Finland, it isn't like the US where anyone can get into college. You have to compete for a limited number of openings for degrees that actually have value.
    I wonder if anyone has ever done a study of degree program participation by country. There's a lot of bleating about how other countries pay for college. I'd like to see if these countries have vast numbers of liberal arts colleges that churn out bachelor's of psychology or women's studies. ......or if as I suspect they have few open spots in those programs and larger colleges of career oriented programming.

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    I've never advocated that Progressives have to leave... They are fully entitled to their opinions no matter how absurdly insane they may be...

Leave a comment:

• Percy Coburg
    replied
    Free college education is a pretty common thing outside the US.

Not all oversea degrees are acceptable to US companies.

Leave a comment:

• Daemon of Decay
    replied
    Originally posted by R.N. Armstrong View Post
    The Millennial generation is fully into college and the workplace:
    --They hop to be the next great generation and to turn around all the 'wrong' they see in the world;
    --They grew up more sheltered than any other generation as parents strived to protect them form the evils of the world;
    --They give respect for competency not title (respond poorly to those who act in an authoritarian manner and/or who expect to be respected due to higher rank alone);
    --They have a strong sense of entitlement(to include high pay) and expect to influence the terms and conditions of the job;
    --Raised to feel valued and very positive about themselves; they see as a sign of disrespect any requirement to do thing just because this is the way it has always been done or to pay one's dues (certain disregard for others' experience);
    --In the workplace, act fast on their interest or you will lose them.
    You can add less likely to be violent, commit crime, or use drugs (except pot).

Leave a comment:

• Nichols
    replied
    I've addressed how to find the money
    You sound just like the girl in the video.

Current college debt is around $1.3 TRILLION....

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...-student-loans

Leave a comment:

• asterix
    replied
    To be truly fair...the same could be said to liberals, with the appropriate modification in bold:

Yawn. It's boring to continuously explain to liberals that disagreeing with them does not mean we need to be assaulted. Freedom of speech you know.
    Fixed.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/chr...national-news/

Say what you want about the source...doesn't make this story any less alarming.
    Last edited by asterix; 13 Nov 15, 15:10.

Leave a comment:

• Nichols
    replied
    Free college education is a pretty common thing outside the US.
    How exactly do you define "pretty common"?

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X