Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a former French citizen decorated by Bobo today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a former French citizen decorated by Bobo today.

Wot !!??

Aren't we supposed to be cheese blablabla...??

http://m.krdo.com/news/former-fort-c...honor/35848282
    That rug really tied the room together

Obama awarding Medal of Honor to Army captain

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama is awarding the nation's highest military honor to a former Army captain who tackled a suicide bomber while serving in Afghanistan.

Florent Groberg, 32, is being credited with saving fellow soldier's lives with his actions in August 2012. He was also badly injured in the attack, which killed four people.

The ceremony takes place Thursday morning at the White House and marks only the 10th time a living service member has received the Medal of Honor for actions in Afghanistan or Iraq. Seven more were posthumously awarded the medal.

Groberg was born in Poissy, France. He became a naturalized U.S. citizen in 2001, the same year he graduated from high school in Maryland. He also competed in track and cross country at the University of Maryland before entering the Army in 2008.
    AP - Full Article

Comment

Poor devil. That's a very negative distinction, kind of like getting one's bar mizvah from the Palestinians.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Poor devil. That's a very negative distinction, kind of like getting one's bar mizvah from the Palestinians.
        While I disagree with your sentiment, that has to be the funniest line of the day.
        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Don't ya know it too! That's one reason I retired when I did... I didn't want the disgrace of my retirement stuff signed by the likes of Obama... How could you hang something like that up in public?

Comment

Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
            Wot !!??

Eating American cheese changes everything!

We'll take a few more like him in exchange for BoBo.
            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
              Eating American cheese changes everything!
              It gives you diarrhea.

Comment

Wot !!??

url]
                Do you see much French Military bashing here? I'd like to think this is a little more sophisticated forum.

Captain Florent Groberg
                Last edited by 17thfabn; 13 Nov 15, 07:01.
                "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
                Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

I thank this hero for his service and his actions on the day he earned the CMoH.
                  Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                  Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Wot !!??

Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

He looked like he was biting his tongue as Obama went through the formalities of the award ceremony.

Overlooked from the Lame Stream. While he successfully tackled and put to the ground the Terrorist bomber, as he was not allowed to use his weapon to do so, a second bomber rushed in killing four of his team members. He was wounded by the bomb on the scum he had tackled.

Like all surviving recipients of the MOH, he would have gladly give it up if he could have his lost comrades back.
                      “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                        Don't ya know it too! That's one reason I retired when I did... I didn't want the disgrace of my retirement stuff signed by the likes of Obama... How could you hang something like that up in public?
                        Yeah, I know...I've got a personal commendation signed by Nixon.

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                          He looked like he was biting his tongue as Obama went through the formalities of the award ceremony.

Overlooked from the Lame Stream. While he successfully tackled and put to the ground the Terrorist bomber, as he was not allowed to use his weapon to do so, a second bomber rushed in killing four of his team members. He was wounded by the bomb on the scum he had tackled.

Like all surviving recipients of the MOH, he would have gladly give it up if he could have his lost comrades back.
                          Three years and around 30(?) surgeries - he paid a high price for his actions. He actually covered the terrorist bomb with his body, according to reports. He also looked very uncomfortable being so close to the anti-military Obama during the ceremony.

Comment

I don't believe it has something to see with Bobo,rather with the survivor syndrome,imo.
                            That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                              . . . . Overlooked from the Lame Stream. While he successfully tackled and put to the ground the Terrorist bomber, as he was not allowed to use his weapon to do so, a second bomber rushed in killing four of his team members. He was wounded by the bomb on the scum he had tackled. . . . .
                              Why was he not allowed to sue his weapon? Have you a link for that? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X